The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Hello, guys new here considering a g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I got all of those then. The only thing missing is the NAV and the back up camera :P

Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 PM
I was at the gas station today pumping gas. These two chicks pull up in a tiburbon right next to my gas pump.... they both stared and drooled the whole time I was there. I wish my gf wasn't in the car....I would've spit some game!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
does the sports package come with the bigger brembo brakes or did they stop adding those?

Im looking into a 2006 coupe rwd 6mt fully loaded, nav and everything, I might have access to car auctions so im hoping to pick one up in the $15-$20k range with less than 40K miles..

I also will still have access to a fwd car in the winter so I should be ok even if I park the g35 in the garage from december to march.

also I believe the reason fwd is better is because it has the weight of the engine on top of the wheels so it gives the car better leverage.

As anyone ever put one of those thick water bags in the back for extra weight for the winter months?

Finally I was told the rear seats on the g35 coupe are tiny, they are for little kids and adults cant fit there, looking at the pictures they look large enough and comfortable, is there space back there?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
The brembos was only on 2003-2004's. in '05, the standard brane diameter was increased across the board to similar rotor diameters, but without the brembo calipers.

FWD is better because of the weight over the drive wheels, but also the ability to turn the drive wheels to "vector thrust" as well as not having to worry about oversteer or spinning out as you would with a RWD car.

I've used bags of kitty litter or sand in the winter months in a RWD car. That way if you get stuck you can use some of the sand on the ground under the drive wheels.

Adults can fit in the rear, but don't expect them to have lots of room and be comfortable for long drives. I've sat in the back of a coupe before and i am 6'1". The big problem is when you have a tall driver and he/she has the seat back far. Then the person behind you might be cramped. I have that prob in my sedan, so i pity whoever sits behind me

Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Brembo brakes are no longer a factory option on '05-07. The rear seats are gigantic compared to my 3000gt. My girlfriend's brother is 6'0 230lbs. and he can sit back there comfortably. So the seats are not tiny like people say. Just be grateful that there are rear seats. Whoever told you that adults cannot fit back there must be a huge fat ***.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
thats fine im 5'8 and all my family members are about the same height, I dont have that many tall friends.

so no brembos, but they are bigger brakes? so they stop decently well?

also 06+ had projectors correct? I am seeing posts about people wanting projectors for their 2006 so I am a little confused.

I deff. need the limited slip and any traction aids, I am coming from a 100hp fwd car to a 290hp rwd car im gonna spend more time sideways than straight

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
yes 06+ has projectors. And don't worry about the brakes. It an Infinity for christ sake. It's not like the Geo Metro you're driving. If anything you should be worrying about girls jumping on your nuts because you have a G35....not brakes.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I guess thats a plus, can never have enough of that

Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a RWD 6mt sedan. It's my daily driver in the winter too. Have never spun out or gotten stuck driving through our Chicago blizzards. All you need is a good set of winter tires--make all the difference.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
thats very reassuring.

the g35 is a powerful, great looking, sports, luxury car and its very appealing to me, I do not like the aggressive sport style of the evo and sti, and cars like the bmw 325xi are weak compared to the G35.

how does the transmission on the g35 feel? is it quick or slow at shifting? does it feel slushy? does the clutch grab early or late? (i know it can vary, im looking at 20-35k miles).

I will probably be test driving the auto g35 rwd and then buying the manual just because I would feel more comfortable driving auto with the dealer.

is there a huge difference between the auto and 6-speed? (besides the obvious like speed and acell.)

Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
ohh the 6mt is so much better its night and day everyone that has a 5at regrets it and doesnt want to pay the 6-7k afterward to replace it even though most people would if they could and good luck under 20k with navi i went to an auction and payed 24.5 and didnt get navi the one with navi went for 27k with 10,000 kess miles but i love my car just get 6mt please

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
i could care less to be honest about the navi, I could just slap in a pioneer tv with bluetooth.

I deff. want the aero package, and sports package. the aero package includes sideskirts and spoiler right? sorry for the noob questions

Old 06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
No...aero package includes the sideskirts, a pink dress, and some stilettos. You can also the the eyelash curler...but that's on the premium package. I rather get the aftermarket eyelash curler because its cheaper.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aero is the spoiler and rear air diffusers, I don't think there were skirts.

On the 06, I think you get a sport bumper w/ the sport package.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Buy blizzaks, best winter tire I can think of. Make a small dent in your wallet but you will get 3 or 4 seasons out of them.
Nokian WR's are better than Blizzaks. Blizzaks are only snow tires for the first half of their tread depth, after that they're just a crappy all-seasons. The primary reason winter tires work so well is they have a softer compound that doesn't get rock hard in cold weather. The Blizzaks, and nearly every other winter tire, only have the softer compound in the first half of the tread. The bottom half is just standard, rock hard in cold weather, rubber. The Nokians on the other hand, have winter compound througout the entire tread depth. I expect to get at least 5 seasons out of mine, and they'll be effective the whole time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello, guys new here considering a g35