The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Hello, guys new here considering a g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009 | 09:47 PM
|
this is what I am looking for in the car, please let me know if the auto coupe has this too.

Spoiler
Some sort of traction control for the snow
black leather interior
bose sound system
aero package (like the diffuser, etc)
19inch rims the ones that look like this

http://www.atozautolights.com/images...s/ING30307.jpg

navigation a (real plus)
power sunroof
and heated seats (optional dont really care on this one)

also the 298hp and 280hp claim numbers I have been seeing are those already whp numbers? because why does the 2006 auto have 280hp and the 6mt 298hp if its crank measured, its the same 3.5L engine..

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:27 PM
Yes the auto coupe has all that. Some is optional

Spoiler - depends on aero package
ALL G35's have VDC (vehicle dynamic control)
Graphite leather is available
Aero package is an option with the spoiler
I beleive the 19's are in the sport package
Nav is an option
Sunroof is a very common option. It's extremely rare to find a G35 without one.
Heated seats are standard 2005+

5AT cars come with 280HP at the flywheel, 6MT cars come with the 298HP Rev-up engine. They are two different engines slightly. The Auto gets the VQ35DE while the 6-spd gets the VQ35HR.

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:47 PM
|
k thank you, thats all my questions for now.

I am still deciding on auto or manual

I really rather go with manual but now I am second guessing it because everyone here says they need too much maintance and have problems.

the auto is nice because i can relax and drive or shift if I want, but it has the slightly weaker engine.

i dunno..

Old 06-23-2009 | 11:37 PM
the coup doesnt come in awd you would have to get the g37 for that my recomendation is to get another vehicle for the winter i drove my car in just a little bit of snow and it didnt do so great, or your other option is to go with an evo or sti if you want power.

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:58 AM
|
but the coupe does have rwd in manual and auto.

i would get a g35 and a beater for the winter bevefore i get an sti or evo.

Old 06-24-2009 | 09:02 AM
It's only an 18HP difference. That can be made up with mods

Old 06-24-2009 | 09:11 AM
The Coupe also has less torque than a Sedan, 270 to 260. But those are just numbers, what really matters is the Sedan is a tad lighter than a Coupe, and is faster.

Old 06-24-2009 | 11:04 AM
|
grrr I just really hate the look of the sedan
does the sedan have any area package like a spoiler or even after market lip kit just to make it look a little more sporty? Im looking for my next car to be more luxury than sport, and the G35 coupe fits that perfectly.

does the g35x transmisison have a manual sport mode where it shifts fatser? or is it just D and then normal tiptronic?

also stupid childish question but I need to know, can you launcha tiptronic car like you would a manual? or does that constitute as a neutral drop and does damage to your car?

Old 06-24-2009 | 10:50 PM
g35's are horrrrible in the snow, but thats coming from a guy with summer tires
Im sure if you put some really good winter tires on it and drive carefully you'll be fine.

Or you could just move to cali where its always sunny

Old 06-24-2009 | 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by g35_infinit
g35's are horrrrible in the snow, but thats coming from a guy with summer tires
Im sure if you put some really good winter tires on it and drive carefully you'll be fine.
Sigh. Another moron telling us the G35 can't do something even though he doesn't have any actual experience doing it. My suggestion to you would be to just STFU when you don't know something. Of course it's horrible in the snow if you have summer tires that get rock hard in cold weather. ANY car is horrible in the snow with summer tires. Let me guess, you don't know anything about tires, right?

The G35 is in fact, quite good in the snow when it's properly equipped. It's very well balanced front to back, which, combined with the VDC, makes it better than many other cars out there.

Old 06-24-2009 | 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Sigh. Another moron telling us the G35 can't do something even though he doesn't have any actual experience doing it. My suggestion to you would be to just STFU when you don't know something. Of course it's horrible in the snow if you have summer tires that get rock hard in cold weather. ANY car is horrible in the snow with summer tires. Let me guess, you don't know anything about tires, right?

The G35 is in fact, quite good in the snow when it's properly equipped. It's very well balanced front to back, which, combined with the VDC, makes it better than many other cars out there.
Well dumb *** if you were half of as much of a moron as I happen to be, you could tell that it was a joke. Ohh no? Okay full blown moron you must know that every rwd sports car is bad in the snow. And you mention the fact that it has VDC, can you tell me one rwd sports car THAT DOESN'T HAVE SOME FORM OF TRACTION CONTROL??!?!? Big f*cking deal.. Im sure the big bright vdc button might make some people feel invincible in any weather conditions, sorry lol. You have an all wheel drive automatic sedan, the safest g35 out there. Have you even driven a rwd car in the snow?
Wait a minute... summer tires freeze up in the cold? And I thought they would melt... thanks again for stating the obvious.

I know that I know more about tires and cars then you than you so in your words STFU when you have no idea what you're talking about...

Either way I even said that if you have good winter tires, and drive carefully you would be fine. Why the f*ck are you even arguing with me?

Just go to sleep.

Last edited by g35_infinit; 06-25-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2009 | 12:21 AM
Whoa guys chill out!!! I'm sure if you drive carefully in the snow, you should be fine. Heck...I'll probably just stay in if it snowed.

Old 06-25-2009 | 01:18 AM
Well dumb *** if you were half of as much of a moron as I happen to be
Do you realize you just insulted yourself?

Okay full blown moron you must know that every rwd sports car is bad in the snow.
More proof of you ignorance. My old Porsche with RWD was outstanding in the snow, so is my sister's BMW. But of course they had nearly 50/50 weight ratios and proper tires on them. Or is this another joke and I'm too smart to get it?

Im sure the big bright vdc button on your car makes you feel invincible in any weather conditions, sorry lol.
What makes me feel invincible is having the right tires for the conditions, and I usually turn off the VDC in the winter. An experienced driver like myself can do that because the car is much more fun to drive in snow that way. The VDC is actually a hindrance when you have good tires and know what you're doing. It's really only there for inexperienced drivers.

I know that I know more about tires and cars then you than you so in your words STFU when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Yeah, well I know that you know that I know that ... what is this, frickin' Dodgeball?

You couldn't possibly know what I know about tires or cars. This is just you sticking your chest out huffing and puffing because someone dared to call you out on your misinformed post, a post which doesn't show you know much of anything about tires, or telling a joke. BTW, which part of my post shows lack of knowledge about tires? Please point it out.

Apologies to everyone reading this, especially to the OP. I'm just sick of people making ridiculous statements when they have no experience to back it up.

Old 06-25-2009 | 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Do you realize you just insulted yourself?

More proof of you ignorance. My old Porsche with RWD was outstanding in the snow, so is my sister's BMW. But of course they had nearly 50/50 weight ratios and proper tires on them. Or is this another joke and I'm too smart to get it?

What makes me feel invincible is having the right tires for the conditions, and I usually turn off the VDC in the winter. An experienced driver like myself can do that because the car is much more fun to drive in snow that way. The VDC is actually a hindrance when you have good tires and know what you're doing. It's really only there for inexperienced drivers.

Yeah, well I know that you know that I know that ... what is this, frickin' Dodgeball?

You couldn't possibly know what I know about tires or cars. This is just you sticking your chest out huffing and puffing because someone dared to call you out on your misinformed post, a post which doesn't show you know much of anything about tires, or telling a joke. BTW, which part of my post shows lack of knowledge about tires? Please point it out.

Apologies to everyone reading this, especially to the OP. I'm just sick of people making ridiculous statements when they have no experience to back it up.
Really how long did it take you to put all this together? I thought I told you to go to sleep. Btw I wasn't insulting myself, I guess you didn't understand the "happen to be" part afterwards... But I should have expected you not understanding these things.

You need to grow up. I made a joke about the tires, you didn't get it, now your angry. I know it makes you feel good searching posts for someone to f*ck up (or thinking that they did) and bashing them about it. It is senseless, so please grow up. No one is on this site to argue about f*cking tires, please lol.

Please tell me how exactly I was misinformed? Read again "g35's are horrrrible in the snow, but thats coming from a guy with summer tires
Im sure if you put some really good winter tires on it and drive carefully you'll be fine."... ???
please im dying to know...

Just be a man and admit you didn't understand me the first time around, and that's the end of the story. I won't hold it against you. I know I am too mature to fight behind a keyboard, the question is are you?

Old 06-25-2009 | 02:53 AM
grow up. both you are fighting on the internet about a car performing in the snow....

It is very simple it has vdc which helps a lot.
It has RWD which can hurt you if you are not aware of having the power coming from two wheels....
Tires will make or break it.

It will be fine as long as you are properly equipped and the drivers awareness of what he/she is driving on.

Be happy life is short! You both have valid points now drop it, its done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello, guys new here considering a g35