The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Anyone else think this coupe is pretty hot lookin!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drew2003cb
I love it. You can get the track model for 23 grand and put 10 grand into it and its faster car than the G35. I kinda want one.
TEN grand? Lol

Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
Yea thats cool, I see what you're saying.. We can only wait and see how it stands on terms of reliability and your opinion is just as welcome as anyone else's

And what ive seen reliability from Hyundai cars suck pretty bad.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Not even close? No offense but you should stop just looking at pics and go to Hyundai for yourself... Go sit inside a Genesis and drive it then you will change your mind.

Genesis has such a nice interior and its got a V8 that will blow the doors off a G.

Even the genesis coupe has a better motor and options.

Hyundai did their homework, its better and newer than a G35.. Just face it.
I would hope a V8 would blow a G35 lol

Old 07-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like em... there is one in Tucson that is being modded and it's looking super nice!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
LOL.... More haters...

Let's see if you can even TRY to keep up with a modified Genesis coupe. Let's say both cars spend same 40K (including the donor car). Do you still think a Genesis coupe won't completely smoke you?

If modding a car isn't your taste. How about the nation's best 10y/100k warranty sound like to you? lol

Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Yeah, I said that the genesis is faster than the G35 lol.. Not the G37.
Gensis coupe? I'm not sure it's all that much faster than a G35. Especially when the coupe only has the V6 and the G35 Sedan got the 300 hp HR35 motor.

And I think the HR g35 sedan would probably give the V8 sedan a run for it's money. The Genesis V8 sedan is near 4,000lbs.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
It's OK looking, kind of like a Tiburon or a Scion maybe, but nothing special. BTW officerdbag, the 4.6L is barely faster than a Gen 1 G35 despite having almost 100 more HP and 60 more TQ. I've driven it, and it is a little quicker than a stock G35, but my lightly modded G felt just as fast. Compare the 0-60 and ¼ mile times stock vs. stock. But that's just straight line giddyup, the Genesis is a land yacht compared to a G35 when running through the curves.

So yes, Hyundai in 2009-2010 has made a V8 engine that's a little faster than the V6 Nissan made 6 years ago. Congratulations! Of course, the latest V6 from Nissan crushes that V8, so I guess there's lots of room for improvement.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
LOL.... More haters...
Why is it that people are haters when they state an opinion that doesn't match yours? I think the Genesis is a fine car, I just don't think it's as nice as a G series.

Let's see if you can even TRY to keep up with a modified Genesis coupe. Let's say both cars spend same 40K (including the donor car). Do you still think a Genesis coupe won't completely smoke you?
Let's see, the 3.8 Track has an MSRP of $31,000, the G37 Coupe is $37,000. Hyundai claims a 0-60 of 5.9 seconds, but several reviews I've read haven't been able to duplicate that and instead come in anywhere from 6.2-6.4 seconds. It's usually related to the way the Genesis reacts at redline and the poorly designed manual gear box. The G37 OTOH has consistently seen times in the 5.4 range. So you've got $9K to play with, but you've got to make up almost a full second going from 0-60, and short of FI you can't do it. You could install FI for $9K, but then you're really changing the car pretty radically just to match what the G37 does stock. Kinda wrecks your argument doesn't it?

So yes, I would say that a modified Genesis Coupe would definitely NOT smoke a G37 Coupe. It may win, but it won't be smoking anything. I'm not hating, I'm just refuting your over the top claim.

LOL.... If modding a car isn't your taste. How about the nation's best 10y/100k warranty sound like to you? lol
LOL, it sounds like you don't know what you're lol talking about or you're intentionally lol trying to mislead us. lol. The 10y/100 (lol) K warranty is only for the powertrain (lol), it's bumper to bumper (5y/60K) is almost identical to Infiniti's (4y/60K). lol!.

I threw in all those lol's figuring I could get the same giddy feeling you seem to have without having to drink the same kool-aid.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL.... More haters...

If modding a car isn't your taste. How about the nation's best 10y/100k warranty sound like to you? lol
Settle down Beavis...

They are nice cars at a great price point. I have driven one. It was nice, much smaller than I expected but nice.

As far as modifying the Genesis, it will be sometime before the aftermarket starts going full swing... and only if they see really big sales #s.

Just my opinion, but if speed and power are your measure for a car, perhaps the Genesis is not the best choice for you... better options exist near the same price point.

I still like em... but I don't love em. I love my G.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL.... More haters...

So can I buy a Honda Civic for 2 grand and put 38 grand into it? Same thing, that means nothing. I'm going to guess that the Infiniti can probably take more of a beating and be able to withstand more power on a stock block/transmission.

It's an image thing. People see Infiniti and they think, "nice car." People see Hyundai and they think, well I don't know what people think. I'd probably say, big deal they haven't really proven themselves yet, if anything most of their products have been below average.

BUT I actually think they have something with the Genesis, and I'm pulling for it to be able to at least hold up and not have any major issues. I think the styling is pretty good, and it seems they've backed it well with a good looking interior and some power to carry it. That black coupe with the black wheels looks pretty sleek as well.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drew2003cb
I love it. You can get the track model for 23 grand and put 10 grand into it and its faster car than the G35. I kinda want one.
However, you're buying a 210 hp 4 cylinder. Throwing 10k in parts will make some good gains, but your throwing your warranty out the window just to get to the same power level the G has from the factory.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
G37 > Genesis > G35

PS
The G37 beats the Genesis coupe hands down especially in interior. I have played around with acouple Genesis coupes and mexico and they are quick but cannot keep up.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This forum is really getting lame, I hope a bunch of you buy the Hyundai and leave, don't let the door hit you in the butt

Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
This forum is really getting lame, I hope a bunch of you buy the Hyundai and leave, don't let the door hit you in the butt
What a little pansy. Just because a new car is released that is better than the G35 doesn't make people lame. Infiniti stopped making the G35 for a reason, because it is outdated and had to step up their game.

I owned a G35 for 3 years, own a G37 now and driven several Genesis coupes. I can tell you without any doubt at all that the Genesis out performs the G35 easily and interior may be slightly better. But the G37 out classes and out performs the Genesis in every way.

Maybe G35 owners should not complain that a 35k new car is determined to be better than a 20k used car.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this has become a serious blowout. The coupe is nice but the front end looks like an s2000. But a v8 putting out as much as a 5 yo. 6 from infiniti is just sad. Still a looker tho especially in black. That's all. If it was infinitis body everyone would be all over it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think this coupe is pretty hot lookin!!