The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 bolt on mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
It probably would at the crank, most of the guys on here probably don't know these cars only make like 220 to the wheels lol
i made 245 to the wheels all stock except test pipes. with groudning kit MREV2 and iso thermal spacer i gained 20whp. so thats like what about 25 to the crank ? so arnt I making 325 to the crank if stock its 298 ? hmmmmm

Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
most of the cars were running 240ish at the wheels when we last had our dyno days = most of them were stock

my sig has what i'm running with the mods i got on the car V

Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
/\ that sounds right g35's will make about 220 to 240 to the wheels and with bolt ons not much more unless you get the right ones and get it tuned!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
misspelling

Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ somehow I suspect you're not much (if any) older than me...

Doesnt take a "young man" to get tats

On the other hand - tats are like car mods & guns = as addicting as drugs... if you ever decide to get a tat, I guarantee it wont end at one (no matter how old you are)... but what the hell, DO IT

As for 686+, nope I'm not familiar... I'm in commifornia so the counting shots and sticking head out isnt gonna happen (there will always be more coming)... but thankfully I have enough SHTF tools that I'm not too concerned

Funny about guns... I got one of my "Go to" out earlier just to practice draw... and felt compelled to get the shotty out and cycle some dummy rounds through... it's kinda like getting the urge to play guitar every now & then, not sure what causes it or why - but when the urge strikes you just gotta do it or you go crazy...
I'm 57, but it feels like more....

The 686+ is a 7 shot .357 mag revolver. Mine's a 6". The kind of gun that reminds you of the Crocodile Dundee scene when he says, "That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!". It's huge, but the weight and long barrel make the recoil very manageable. But it's mostly a toy. For home defense there's a hammerless Colt Airweight in the knightstand, to give me cover to get to the 5 shot pump with double ought in the closet. Before anyone says anything, _never_ are there any children in the house, and if any did come over, I'd lock those two in the safe with the rest.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
/\ that sounds right g35's will make about 220 to 240 to the wheels and with bolt ons not much more unless you get the right ones and get it tuned!
Uprev tune will be done after I get the new version of the ART pipes !

Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
New version of ART pipes? Whats the difference?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Tony at motordyne said they made some changes to the resonator coming off the pipe that will cut down the rasp more and be better than the last pair

Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
any good places to get a tune in the gta?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 AM
What about just adding test pipes without an exhaust? Can you get any hp from that?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Noworriesbro
What about just adding test pipes without an exhaust? Can you get any hp from that?
Yeah but the rasp is horrible around 3rpms. Mostly high end gains because I think the engine looses compression at lower Roma with test pipes someone correct me if I'm wrong. Do a search there are tons of discussions about what's best to replace your cats with

Old 12-15-2020, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a g35 with full bolt on mods prepping for a supercharger
Adding a spacer, intake and exahaust will not get you anywhere near 325hp, not even close to 300hp.[/QUOTE]
That would be incorrect I'm putting 380hp to the crank with bolt on ive had the car on a dyno it is well worth it I have an 90mm throttle body kit, gt maf sensor, aluminum plenum spacer kit, an aftermarket intake manifold and a eagle forged rods and piston heads this all has costed me about $3200 im now prepping for a 77mm procharger kit running 15 pounds of boost "only because of the forged rods and pistons" and 8m going to be making 570 to the crank im also adding a performanc ecu for this when I go to tune it out so it will be able to handle the tune im also running a fully upgraded fuel system with 600cc injectors this has all costed me $8900 due too great discounts from Facebook and discount codes for websites I run a stock manual tranny this car has beat just about everything I have put it against on the streets if your serious about this type of car it will be well worth it in the end keep working dont let everyone's opinions ruin your build do the most research possible.

The following users liked this post:
Nismo-capo32 (05-27-2021)
Old 12-16-2020, 03:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Post pics of the dyno results.

The following users liked this post:
andrewl_v35 (12-18-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 07:12 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I’ve got the majority of bolt on mods: headers, spacer, intake, exhaust, Altered Atmosphere tune and to be honest none of them (nor all of them together) made a perceptible gain for me. I have some dynos showing a little here or there, but nothing that made me smile as being worth it in the end. Now, way back before the G I was coming from an Acura CLS that consistently put down 32whp from Comptech headers and 10+ from an AEM CAI. That you could feel! I was never more disappointed after coming from that and putting headers on the G and.......nothing! I had read that gains were minimal, but was surprised that it felt like zero. But, the G had short run header tubes while the CLS was literally a manifold, so the G was better equipped to begin with.

Suspension and appearance mods were much more worth it for me on the G.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:57 PM
Received 410 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39
I’ve got the majority of bolt on mods: headers, spacer, intake, exhaust, Altered Atmosphere tune and to be honest none of them (nor all of them together) made a perceptible gain for me. I have some dynos showing a little here or there, but nothing that made me smile as being worth it in the end. Now, way back before the G I was coming from an Acura CLS that consistently put down 32whp from Comptech headers and 10+ from an AEM CAI. That you could feel! I was never more disappointed after coming from that and putting headers on the G and.......nothing! I had read that gains were minimal, but was surprised that it felt like zero. But, the G had short run header tubes while the CLS was literally a manifold, so the G was better equipped to begin with.

Suspension and appearance mods were much more worth it for me on the G.
The only way to get noticeable gains on these cars is either forced induction or nitrous. Everything else...u wont feel śhit.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:29 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
The only way to get noticeable gains on these cars is either forced induction or nitrous. Everything else...u wont feel śhit.
100% agreed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 bolt on mods