The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Windows don't readjust when door closes anymore?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Windows don't readjust when door closes anymore?

I got my windows (front driver, passenger, 2 quarter, and back windshield) tinted 2 weeks ago. I then left for vacation.

I just got back yesterday and I noticed whenever I close my doors now, the window does not "readjust" (slightly move up/down). Anyone know why this could've happened? How do I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
check the "button" on the door. the tint shop may of stuck something on there to keep the window up while tinting.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
check the "button" on the door. the tint shop may of stuck something on there to keep the window up while tinting.
Nope, the windows open and close just fine, it's only the "window reset" when the door is closed no longer occurs. Just curious why and how I can fix it.

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do a window reset. I believe you sit in the car and close the doors. roll the window allthe way down then roll them up and hold the switch up for about another 15 seconds after the windows have rolled up. Then roll it down again then up. I think this is how you do it if I remeber correctly. if not there is a diy on here somewhere i believe

Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I'll have to try this out. In the mean time, any other suggestions?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Did the tint shop give you or leave a couple of screws somewhere in the car? They would have been removed where the back of the door closes with the car B pillar (for lack of a better description) . There should be a botton where the door pushes against when closed, right about there you can screw the screws back in and the windows will function again.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jaybird-runner
Did the tint shop give you or leave a couple of screws somewhere in the car? They would have been removed where the back of the door closes with the car B pillar (for lack of a better description) . There should be a botton where the door pushes against when closed, right about there you can screw the screws back in and the windows will function again.
Hmm not quite sure what exactly you're talking about. They did not give me any screws but I will double check my cup holders and stuff after work.

If the screws were removed, would the windows still be working? I can open/close the windows just fine, it's just the "automatic adjustment function" that no longer occurs.

Trending Topics

Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm talking about the "button" the senses when the door is open and close to reset the window. It in the door jam part of the doorway. I didn't mean the button to roll down/up the window fully.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
I'm talking about the "button" the senses when the door is open and close to reset the window. It in the door jam part of the doorway. I didn't mean the button to roll down/up the window fully.
The screw goes in right below the botton he is talking about. Check both out.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by ToDie4G35Coupes
Hmm not quite sure what exactly you're talking about. They did not give me any screws but I will double check my cup holders and stuff after work.

If the screws were removed, would the windows still be working? I can open/close the windows just fine, it's just the "automatic adjustment function" that no longer occurs.
Honestly I don't recall. But it could be a possibility.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks guys! Appreciate all your help. Sorry, I'm a little new with all this stuff so I appreciate your patience

I'll keep you updated.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Exclamation

Okay guys, I took a pic of what I think is what you're talking about. I didn't see anything obstructing the "button" but it looks like the screw may have been removed? Can you guys tell?

Attached Thumbnails Windows don't readjust when door closes anymore?-g35-coupe_door-jam.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM
looks like something is missing from the hole. so from what others have posted, when this screw is removed it disables the auto adjustment? I thought the screw was there to hold the trigger in place.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Can someone post a pic of what it's SUPPOSED to look like? I'm going to be pissed if the tint shop removed a key piece and didn't even put it back or notify me!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 PM
yup thats it, your missing the screw.

sorry iphone and flashlight pic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windows don't readjust when door closes anymore?