The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Got my loan approved!! Please help me choose my G under $30k!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NOT negotiable?? Huh?

I now have two dealers that have told me they do not negotiate. Since when do dealers not negotiate? Also, aren't we in a recession? How are these dealers playing hard ball? I mean, I could not even find ONE G37 sold on ebay. Every single one was "reserve not met". I don't get it.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go for it

For just under $30,000 like maybe 28 or 29 you should be able to get something like a 2008 G37 Coupe with a manual with something like 10 or 12 thousand miles on it. So a nice G37 is just about at the top of your price range. Alernatively you could get a really sweet older G35 Coupe for quite a lot less, and if you wished spend some of the money on getting it just how you want it. It's really your choice. You can get something almost new, and stock. Or you can get something a little older and cheaper fool around with it. If you really just want the most dependable every day driver that your going to put some miles on and keep for quite a while, I'd probably go with a newer G37, though I really like the body style of the G35's. I recently bought a 04 G35x in really excellent shape with low miles for an 04, for just under 17,000, and I've put a little more than $3,000 in to getting it the way I want it.

Tilf

Tilf

Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by visualfxpro
I now have two dealers that have told me they do not negotiate. Since when do dealers not negotiate? Also, aren't we in a recession? How are these dealers playing hard ball? I mean, I could not even find ONE G37 sold on ebay. Every single one was "reserve not met". I don't get it.
Good point. I've run in to this in several different venues. . . not just cars!

Tilf

Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
mine.....

Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Don't worry about G35 Navigation?

Getting close now! Got my check from the credit Union!!

Anyway...saw a nice G 06' for $22k but no spoiler or Nav. Should I ignore the fact it has no Nav becuase:

G35 Nav is supposed to suck
I can have a much better one installed for a reasonable price?

Have any of you guys installed aftermarket Nav units that you like and you have pictures? Ultimately I would like something like what he G35s come with, but better performance would be nice.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Spoiler is cheap and easy to buy and have put on. Nav kinda sucks, and if you have the $$ you can put in great aftermarket Nav. I'd focus on getting something with relatively low miles, clean, that appears to have been driven easily, and then if you have a few $$ leftover add what you want afterwards. All you need is some $$. This is pretty much what I have done, but now I am running out of $$ that I can responsibly fork out for this.

Tilf

Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Aftermarket nav? From my search it seems to be pretty much a myth. In reality from what I see you can get some cheap afterthought looking aftermarket thing or go to mp3car.com and wait for the page to stop hanging and then find some outdated nav MOUNT for older Gs and some suction cup deal. Then there are those that have spent thousands of unfinanced cold cash to put in factory nav which sucks anyway. If I get factory, then I want factory. Not work the money and time to put an unimpressive NAV in.

I want the factory look with better performance. I even searched pioneer site and kept getting links to upgrade chips and crap. lol

If anybody has a brand and model number of a nice nav that can be installed and look like something that came with car,rather than an add-on please post up. thanks.

Originally Posted by manbart
Nav kinda sucks, and if you have the $$ you can put in great aftermarket Nav. This is pretty much what I have done, but now I am running out of $$ that I can responsibly fork out for this.

Tilf

Old 10-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
You can install any double-DIN sized stereo/NAV system. My stereo broke, so I replaced it with a Kenwood DNX5120 (It's old now, but new ones have come out). It's a lot better than the OEM stereo, NAV, bluetooth, iPod integration in every way. I started this thread about it, and posted some pictures.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 PM
The final list...

Ok, I have narrowed down to these:

Used 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe
$23,987
silver/wheat
spoiler
41k miles

+WHEAT +Spoiler +2007
-Miles

-------------------------------------------------------
2006 Infiniti G35 - $23,999
Blue with aftermarket NAV? One lease owner 3 year. On lot for 2.5 month.

+WHEAT +NAV
-No spoiler Blue?

----------------------------

Used 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe
$25,899
+WHEAT +RIMS
No free carfax

------------------------------------

2006 Infiniti G35 - $22,987
Black/black custom NAV?
Live Chat:

+NAV

-No spoiler

Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Don't know if I mentioned before but the dealer called me. The MANAGER! lol. Keep in mind I only called them once. Was told not negotiable...said thank you good bye. They said OK. Three hours later I got a phone call from them. A couple more since then. Idiots. You really think now is the time to play around with selling a LUXURY car like the G35? I mean from what I see, those things have been sitting on lots for months! Wake up people.

Originally Posted by visualfxpro

Old 10-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
any used lot will negotiate, just make them come to your terms

Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
damn dude get the car already enough of these post. We wanna see pics too.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ryder35
Get a 07-08 sedan 6mt. Way more luxurious and faster then the G35 coupes. You won't have trouble finding any within your budget.

I was on the same boat as you... I was looking at coupes and really wanted a 06-07' until I test drove a 07+ 6mt Sport Sedan.

Let me give you a word of a advice.

Everything on the sedan is 100000x better than the coupe.

Except for the exterior styling and sport cockpit feel of the coupe.

I would go test drive a 07+ SPORT Sedan. Make sure it's the sport model, it handles much better than the non-sports.

Good Luck!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...thing-20k.html

best deal around if you haven't seen it yet

Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by OMG35S

Let me give you a word of a advice.

Everything on the sedan is 100000x better than the coupe.

Except for the exterior styling and sport cockpit feel of the coupe.

I would go test drive a 07+ SPORT Sedan. Make sure it's the sport model, it handles much better than the non-sports.

Good Luck!
The guy wants a coupe because he wants the exterior styling and the sport cockpit feel!!! Geez... isn't that why everyone gets one?

Yeah but if a G37 is out of the price range then get a 06-07 G35 COUPE with low mileage. Don't worry so much about the wing or the Nav. I got mine w/o Nav. I'm planning on going the in dash route and getting a Pioneer avic z110bt.

Here's a pic of what an aftermarket install would look like. Would be nicer if it were higher up for visibility while driving, but it doesn't bother me that much.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0039_large.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my loan approved!! Please help me choose my G under $30k!