The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Already feels slow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I usually have your back in your childish e-arguments, but now I feel like an idiot for that, you truly are a 12 year old.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
I usually have your back in your childish e-arguments, but now I feel like an idiot for that, you truly are a 12 year old.
you've got to be joking. Because I don't agree with your view and I made mention every time you brought cars that aren't in the same category - that makes me a 12 yr old Re-read the thread and realize who acted like a 12 years old.

I suspect you are in your later teen early twenties... you think you have it all figured out... you think your limited experience is enough to tell the world how things are... and you feel that someone owes you something because you "used to like them" - get over it dude.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I showed you plenty of cars in the same price point that beat the G and your excuse is "they don't compete"

What I am saying is, I felt you were getting attacked by people with the same question about your rear. Now I re-read that thread, you were attacking people. THAT makes you a 12 year old, not at all our conversation in this thread, as this is purely a disagreement of cars classifications and speeds.

You've started every argument you've been in on this forum, including this one. Starting on about how our car is not a 300hp car (even though I was referring to a 298hp rated car) etc.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I showed you plenty of cars in the same price point that beat the G and your excuse is "they don't compete"

What I am saying is, I felt you were getting attacked by people with the same question about your rear. Now I re-read that thread, you were attacking people. THAT makes you a 12 year old, not at all our conversation in this thread, as this is purely a disagreement of cars classifications and speeds.

You've started every argument you've been in on this forum, including this one. Starting on about how our car is not a 300hp car (even though I was referring to a 298hp rated car) etc.
you have an 03... you do not have a 300 hp car... that is exactly what my initial post said.

And you are entirely high to think I start every argument. If I have to debate you because you make wrong claims... that does not indicate I am "starting an argument"... Read my first post to you in this thread - and logically tell me how I started an argument.

BTW, I seem to remember a post of yours that stated "you don't often agree with me"... so it surely seems like you go out of your way to make that clear.

I'll make this easy fo you - and anyone else reading... here is my first post in response to you.

In comparison to other 300HP cars, this thing is a slug.
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ your car is not 300hp... compare it to other 260-280 6 cylinder cars.

Let's be realistic here people. This 6 cylinder semi luxury sports car is not intended to compete with an 8 cylinder sports car.

If you want to compare apples to apples - tell me/us what car in the G35 class out-performs it. Keep price, engine size and luxury comparable.

I'll give you a hint - there aren't any.
After this you decided to "argue" about it.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How did we get so off track here? It could be argued that everything is slow, less than a top fuel dragster. But when you compare apples to apples, not m3's and the like in the mix, the g35 is very hard to beat. For its classification with no modifications, it's quick.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
We're in the G-spot. I am referring to Gs in general, I haven't even seen my car in a month so I am referring to every G in third person. I never once compared MY car to these cars nor did I say mine had 300hp. But you can interpret things how ever you like.

Still waiting to hear how a 330 is not in the Gs class.... oh and a car with the same sized engine doesn't need to exist when we have the S2K with half the engine and just as fast.

Last edited by 4DGS; 11-18-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
We're in the G-spot. I am referring to Gs in general, I haven't even seen my car in a month so I am referring to every G in third person. I never once compared MY car to these cars nor did I say mine had 300hp. But you can interpret things how ever you like.

Still waiting to hear how a 330 is not in the Gs class.... oh and a car with the same sized engine doesn't need to exist when we have the S2K with half the engine and just as fast.
this way what you said:
"In comparison to other 300HP cars, this thing is a slug". I've even posted it for you a few posts above. Who in the world says "this" when they mean something entirely different. That would be like me saying "This car beats a Porsche" but I'm not referencing my car, I'm referencing a GTR

As for S2K, I already told you - that car will not beat a G (power wise) - it will out maneuver but will not beat it in a straight line (1/8 mile or 1/4 mile)... The only 3 series BMW that will beat it is M3 and 335i.

You are relentless and just cant give it a rest can you.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
There's a video of an S2k doing just what I said.

This thread is about Gs, I can make it refer to any G I want. If I was referring to my car I would have compared it as the car it is(260 rated, actually 280) but you looked past that several times after I explained it to carry on your argument.

The 330 does a 1/4 consistently at 14.2, I've seen way too many 330s not to know that. But you're still arguing that it doesn't keep up? Same with the s2k, 14s or less. Stock Gs DO NOT break 13s

Smaller engine
2004 Honda S2000 5.8 14.2 (MT Mar '04)
2006 Honda S2000 5.5 14.0 (C&D May '06)
2008 Honda S2000 CR 5.3 13.8 (R&T Aug '08)

Yes, I realize that 08 is comparing with an HR engine, but the other AP2 is still 14 flat and the other one is on par with a G.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
08 is actually comparing g37... which there are plenty of real world 1/4 under 13...

We can run this same topic over and over and over for days... If you weren't referring to "your" car - then there are 4 other versions that you could have been referring to... at that point its ridiculous to determine which is faster because all 4 iterations have different hp/trq and weight.

My post clearly stated 260-280hp G35 (the exact car you an I have)... why in the world would I be comparing that to a car built 4-5 years later???

Use some common sense guy. The entire point of my post (which isn't hard to comprehend) - is that there aren't any 260-280 hp cars that are 6 cly in the same class and price point that out perform the G. 260 (which as we all know is really 280) was the first gen G35 DE - its real simple to realize that was the subject of "our" discussion (the same car we both drive)...

You can bring up all sorts of other/newer cars - or cars that cost 10K more etc, but that would be completely pointless.

So back to the apples to apples comparison - you haven't made a valid point.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who just purchased their G.....

I can tell you all the most important aspect of this car is that is does what it does well, with character and enough to make me trade a quicker car (GTP with a supercharged 3.8)...for it and still love every shift.

Let us not forget the reason we are all here.

TO learn and rejoice the car we all bought.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
08 is actually comparing g37... which there are plenty of real world 1/4 under 13...

We can run this same topic over and over and over for days... If you weren't referring to "your" car - then there are 4 other versions that you could have been referring to... at that point its ridiculous to determine which is faster because all 4 iterations have different hp/trq and weight.

My post clearly stated 260-280hp G35 (the exact car you an I have)... why in the world would I be comparing that to a car built 4-5 years later???

Use some common sense guy. The entire point of my post (which isn't hard to comprehend) - is that there aren't any 260-280 hp cars that are 6 cly in the same class and price point that out perform the G. 260 (which as we all know is really 280) was the first gen G35 DE - its real simple to realize that was the subject of "our" discussion (the same car we both drive)...

You can bring up all sorts of other/newer cars - or cars that cost 10K more etc, but that would be completely pointless.

So back to the apples to apples comparison - you haven't made a valid point.
That is not the car I am talking about. Which is why we have gone nowhere in the thread. We're argue two totally different things. You're talking the under rated 260hp sedan I am talking highest HP rev up G.

We've gone nowhere and I have a headache from smelling speaker glue all day (so maybe I was high) but we will have to agree to disagree because neither of us are going to give up our pint which is going to lead us to an irrelevant pint anyways.

SO, yes the G35 is, has and always will be a great car for the money at it's engine size and hp rating. BUT if it had been lighter, it would fit into other classes such as the class of e46 M3. (not price wise obviously, but performance wise)

Anyways, 3 pages of confusing nowhere.

OP, you can't make your car faster without FI.

And I'm done.DOMO

Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, if anything, I now dont care how heavy my rims will be..its slow anyway

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some serious money takes into part for a "Fast car". Plus, a lot of work.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
if you've owned a fast car before the g, none of the bolt ons are going to make it feel fast.
SO EFFIN TRUE!!! i came from a stage 4 wrx.. but i love my G!!! maybe i should just forget about my ssv and osiris tune and go for looks..

Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 AM
^1 totally agree! The thing absolutely sucks when it comes to looking at the ROI in reference to hp, after 3 grand still nothing or at least it feels like it, should ve slapped some rims, body kit and called it a day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Already feels slow