G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Thinking of gettin a G35. Need ALLLL the advice I can get

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 818 G35
Lexus Gs300 (put some pics up)

I heard that maintenance on it is a burn too. Like breaks cost 200 a piece or something like that?
Idk, a lot of people have been telling me maintaining the car is hard and the paint it bad and on and on, but I just think its so nice
it is nice.
personally i think ur lexus is nice too. i wouldnt mind owning one that is all VIP'd
its teh right color.
with black emblems and black rims with crazy offset, a hint of tinted lights and dropped ur lexus will look better than a G

Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Yea. I guess if I can maintain a Lexus an Infinity shouldn't be too different. Now to find a good priced G35
step one to owning an infiniti, is spelling infiniti right

just messing

Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Aww. Someone's butthurt that my Lexus is nicer than their green little four door. And buddy, u can be in a Ferrari for all I care, I'll out drive you any day even while putting on my lipstick
Out drive me? Both of our cars are auto, all you do is push go.

I just don't like Lexus because it's over run by chicks talking on their cell phone and crashing into highway barriers. When I test drove the IS350, it was a boring drive had no thrill to it. But I am sure the bigger heavier underpowered GS will definitely knock my socks off with excitement.

But why don't we have a spelling Bee, I can teach you how to write and spell like a normal person. In exchange maybe you can teach me how to drive an automatic 4000lb 16 second car. Zoom Zoom 2JZ Sans TT

Lexus owners,

Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol

Old 11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Out drive me? Both of our cars are auto, all you do is push go.

I just don't like Lexus because it's over run by chicks talking on their cell phone and crashing into highway barriers. When I test drove the IS350, it was a boring drive had no thrill to it. But I am sure the bigger heavier underpowered GS will definitely knock my socks off with excitement.

But why don't we have a spelling Bee, I can teach you how to write and spell like a normal person. In exchange maybe you can teach me how to drive an automatic 4000lb 16 second car. Zoom Zoom 2JZ Sans TT

Lexus owners,
The car is only part of the thrill, you need to know how to handle your car to get your socks knocked off. The IS350 is a very good car, you're just an incompetent driver.

Ok, yeah, I'd love to get taught by a guy who drives a green sedan and starts **** with people on forums. Cool dude

Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
step one to owning an infiniti, is spelling infiniti right

just messing
Haha. That was a fail on my end. Step one is complete now though. lol

Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 PM
The car is only part of the thrill, you need to know how to handle your car to get your socks knocked off. The IS350 is a very good car, you're just an incompetent driver.

Ok, yeah, I'd love to get taught by a guy who drives a green sedan and starts **** with people on forums. Cool dude
I didn't start anything just stated the obvious about stereotypical Toyot.... Lexus drivers.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I didn't start anything just stated the obvious about stereotypical Toyot.... Lexus drivers.
Amazing observation skills

Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
I was thinking of getting an '03 or '04 or '05 G35 coupe (the old body is so much nicer), but I had a couple of questions. What is you experience with YOUR g35? The good and the bad. Performance, handling, maintanance cost, gas cost, how often does it break down, what problems does it have, things like that. All help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.[/QUOTE]

----------------

The only problem I have had with my 03 coupe is the front tires wearing out waaay too fast. just purchased a camber/caster kit to fix this.. do a search in the 'suspension' section to learn more..
gas millage.. highway running I get ~25mpg, play 'silly-bugger' and it drops a bunch..
Luck..

Old 11-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Well now that we know you drive a slow lexus, I will give you my advice!

My other vehicle is a suburban, gas mileage does NOT effect me. My G sedan pulls 6.8L/100kms, too lazy to put that into MPG but.... that's ****in good. I have no had a single problem with my G. It runs flawlessy and still looks great. The Paint thing is debatable, a lot of people say the clear is too soft and it scratches easily. Just take care of it and be careful when you wash it and you will be fine. Maintain the vehicle and try and fine one with all the past records, or that has been maintained at the same dealership since new. Mine was bought brand new by a woman who came in to get the oil changed and everything right when the nav told her too. Every receipt and every quote was in the glove box. That's a plus when buying one.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I have an 04 6MT sedan that I bought used 3 years ago. Spent $500 to get all rotors/pads changed when I bought it. Also had all 4 tires changed for $600 at the same time. That's the most I've spent on the car for the past 3 years. It's now at 78K miles and still trouble-free.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
yeah, sorry 818 but 4dgs isnt the type of person that starts crap with other people.

making fun of people's car on the forums is asking for

sedans look way sicker anyways if modded right.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Well now that we know you drive a slow lexus, I will give you my advice!

My other vehicle is a suburban, gas mileage does NOT effect me. My G sedan pulls 6.8L/100kms, too lazy to put that into MPG but.... that's ****in good. I have no had a single problem with my G. It runs flawlessy and still looks great. The Paint thing is debatable, a lot of people say the clear is too soft and it scratches easily. Just take care of it and be careful when you wash it and you will be fine. Maintain the vehicle and try and fine one with all the past records, or that has been maintained at the same dealership since new. Mine was bought brand new by a woman who came in to get the oil changed and everything right when the nav told her too. Every receipt and every quote was in the glove box. That's a plus when buying one.
Lmao. thanks for the advice. I wonder if I'll start hating Lexus once I go infiniti hmmm....

Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
yeah, sorry 818 but 4dgs isnt the type of person that starts crap with other people.

making fun of people's car on the forums is asking for

sedans look way sicker anyways if modded right.
Its aight, I'm not trippin, I like my car.
And really, sedans can look sick but I just wanna try something different

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of gettin a G35. Need ALLLL the advice I can get