The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Poor buying expierience with fellow member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You asked if they were leaking before you bought them, he probably replied that no to the best of his knowledge. If the guy lied about it and you are sure about it, then yeah, he should have owned up and returned you money. However, how do you know that he sold you a defective part for sure? If you don't, then own up for not checking them immediately after receiving them and that's that.
You purchased a used part, you do realize it is as-is, right?. If the guy lied then it doesn't matter if it's as-is or not, he should return the money but on principle like you said. However, like I said, how do you know that he lied?
Just fix it or if you know for sure (100%) that he lied about it, then file a dispute.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I meant that if lied, he should return the money on principle like you said. typo

Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
QUiKSR20 I dare you to file a claim, I fvcking gazzillion dare you.

I'm 1000000000000000000% sure that it will be ruled in sellers favor.

I'm sorry for being harsh to you guys (those that side with OP) but you are nothing but an inch away from being a SCAMMER.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by WhosRich
The principle is that the guy is being shady. He said they were in working order. When the OP got them, they weren't. Yea its $30 bucks but come on. If you're telling me that you bought something, used or not, that wasnt as described, you wouldnt be mad?
He used them for over a week before he discovered the problem.

Right to return a USED product due to default is VOOOOOOOOOOOOOID once you install it.

it does not matter if seller lied
it does not matter if seller ignoring him
None of those things matter.

Buyer has NO grounds on requesting the money and contacting a seller about it.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm definitely with joker on this one.. Now you know, don't buy used parts unless u want to gamble. We have all had our fair share of mislead adds and parts.. just move on dude. Your lucky it was only 30 bucks.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JOKER
He used them for over a week before he discovered the problem.

Right to return a USED product due to default is VOOOOOOOOOOOOOID once you install it.

it does not matter if seller lied
it does not matter if seller ignoring him
None of those things matter.

Buyer has NO grounds on requesting the money and contacting a seller about it.
Dude the part isn't an Engine a strut or a rim, Who tests a pair of clear corners? I asked questions and got beat on a part you have got to be kidding me on testing a clear corner. I would have no way of knowing until it rained. And the first time they met water I knew and sent a message.

Get off your high horse it was an honest email just stating the part was leaking im not a scammer im willing to send back and pay shipping I do not get your logic at all.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
^that's not an excuse.

no need to argue with me man.

I told you, I dare you to file a claim and FAIL.

Do it. if you so sure that you are right for not inspecting them once you got them, File a claim.

Don't file it cuz of the money, file it so you will know once and for all how to purchase used items.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
^that's not an excuse.

no need to argue with me man.

I told you, I dare you to file a claim and FAIL.

Do it. if you so sure that you are right for not inspecting them once you got them, File a claim.

Don't file it cuz of the money, file it so you will know once and for all how to purchase used items.
I never once said I was going to file a claim, I know how to buy and sell parts , Just never thought to test fricken clear corners? I mean come on... Ive parted out so many cars, Built more than that etc im not new to this stuff. New to this forum and G35s yes but its all the same pretty much how you handle stuff.

Topics over You stated your opinion and I have mine its not getting us anywhere bickering. I stated how I feel some agree some feel the need to let me know how retarded I am for not inspecting clear corners better. I looked there was no cracks, I put them in they leaked. End of story.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Took me a while but finished reading all this. I'm with the buyer. I've sold many things on Club Lexus. As a seller I would have at least answered back to his Pms. The buyer wasn't being rude or anything. The worst thing the Seller did was ignore the situation. That makes him look like there was something wrong from the begining. All the seller had to do was tell the buyer that the corners didn't leak when he had them on. That something must have happened anywhere from the unistall to the installation of the product and that he didn't offer any kind of refund. It's up to the seller to decide to take the stuff back or let the buyer deal with it. Case Closed.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosRich
The principle is that the guy is being shady. He said they were in working order. When the OP got them, they weren't. Yea its $30 bucks but come on. If you're telling me that you bought something, used or not, that wasnt as described, you wouldnt be mad?
Good lord, NOBODY knows if the seller was being shady, so would everyone please stop making that assumption. Just because he didn't reply doesn't mean he was ignoring the situation. He's not required to respond in any particular time period, so don't conclude that his lack of response equates to avoidance.

And Rich, none of us know whether they were or were not in working order when the buyer received them, so that statement is false. All we know is they were defective several days after installation, which means they could have been damaged AFTER they were installed.

Originally Posted by tony59blue
Took me a while but finished reading all this. I'm with the buyer. I've sold many things on Club Lexus. As a seller I would have at least answered back to his Pms. The buyer wasn't being rude or anything. The worst thing the Seller did was ignore the situation. That makes him look like there was something wrong from the begining. All the seller had to do was tell the buyer that the corners didn't leak when he had them on. That something must have happened anywhere from the unistall to the installation of the product and that he didn't offer any kind of refund. It's up to the seller to decide to take the stuff back or let the buyer deal with it. Case Closed.
Same thing. You don't know the situation, so don't assume he was ignoring the buyer. The seller DID respond, and the seller DID tell him they worked when he had them. And we don't know that something happened "anywhere from the uninstall to the installation". It could have happened AFTER the installation.

OP, "seniority" has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of members here with thousands of posts who still have a ****-poor attitude like the one you're displaying. You've gone pretty far over the top with this thread bashing the seller while refusing to acknowledge the fact that almost all of the responsibility lies with you. He said they worked when he had them. Unless you can show they were damaged before you installed them, or prove he was lying, the seller's responsibility is done, and saying you'd pay for shipping back doesn't change that.

And everyone, please stop with the "I would have refunded the money" responses. All you're trying to do is show how superior you think you are relative to the seller. It's really pathetic.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 AM
^ Yep

Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
^Yep, Yep, Mmmmmhhhm.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Dude the part isn't an Engine a strut or a rim, Who tests a pair of clear corners?
Like you said, who tests a pair of clear corners? Do you know for sure that the seller tested them before he sent them out and then sent them defective on purpose?

Maybe he should have but the point is that he probably really believed that they were 100% OK when he sold them to you. Thus, it means that if he wanted to be cool, he could have returned the money but he doesn't have to; doesn't matter how nicely you asked. You bought a used part as-is, the risk of getting a part slightly damaged comes with the territory.

I don't think anybody is trying to slam on you, we are just trying to make you understand the meaning of as-is and that you can't assume that the seller knew about the problem beforehand.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
can we /thread this already...

Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
There are plenty of members here with thousands of posts who still have a ****-poor attitude like the one you're displaying. You've gone pretty far over the top with this thread bashing the seller while refusing to acknowledge the fact that almost all of the responsibility lies with you. He said they worked when he had them. Unless you can show they were damaged before you installed them, or prove he was lying, the seller's responsibility is done, and saying you'd pay for shipping back doesn't change that.
Please enlighten me how I have a **** poor attitude? I dont ignore pms, I didnt call the seller any derogatory names give me a break...

Sorry like I said, maybe im wrong but again I would of refunded the money myself I dont just take someones money and then forget about everything. That goes with selling car parts computer parts whatever. I stand behind what I sell, You could flip this either way... You could say when I asked are there any cracks or leaks he should of tested them and made sure come on...

I hope I never have to deal with another seller that handles the situation like this with a more expensive part where it would really matter.

Im done talking here, Not getting anywheres just not the way i do stuff, Im a stand up guy and take pride in my reputation and parts I sell new or used.

And if it ever gets to the point where a persons that dis-satisfied I would take the parts back case closed.

/end thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor buying expierience with fellow member.