The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Poor buying expierience with fellow member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Poor buying expierience with fellow member.

Hello All, I haven't been on this site that long but I am very familiar with forum etiquette etc coming from over 10 years on the SE-R/SR20 forums and never having an issue.
Since I couldn't find a new set for OEM Clear Sedan ( non bump corners ) I made a post looking for a set and a member chimed in as having a pair.

gtrefever

I since put them on along with a nice pair of VLED's bulbs. Now I know this is a minor and rather cheap part but that's not the point. After them being on my car for a few days I noticed heavy moisture in the one and eventually my new LED bulb died.

At this point I contacted the seller and simply asked nicely :

Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Dude you have any issues with these? Be honest they are all filled with condensation after one rainy day and the bulbs are in them 100% Please let me know as these were only about $5 cheaper than buying new ones from Riverside.

Thanks,
Daryl
He Replies on 03-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by gtrefever

i never had any problems, we had some hard rain here in socal and i didnt have any problems. I wouldnt sell something that isnt working good.
So then I wrote back on 03-11-2010, 12:47 PM

Yeah the one def has a leak. If you take the bulb out, And blow thru the whole you can blow air right out of the side. Its got water in it again and has killed one of my $10 LEDS . Im going to buy a new set will you take these back? Ill eat shipping but they are clearly leaking you can test yourself.

-daryl
NO REPLY... So I write again 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM just stating im not pissed I would just like to fix the issue.

Please respond to my message or ill be forced to leave a negative rating + post a thread. I have contacted you many times now and you have been on here since then.

The corner lamps are clearly leaking, I am willing to eat shipping and send them back but they are not working out for me. They leak water, Im not making this up, Ive already lost time + a LED bulb on the side where they are leaking. I need to buy a new set asap so please get back to me asap.

Thank You,
Daryl G
It is now 3/25 Still no reply, Simply being ignored ( says on the forum - Last Activity: 3/25/10 01:01 AM )

I can take the corner lamp out, put my mouth on the socket location and blow thru feeling the air leak out. I
am just looking for a refund so I can buy a new set of corner lamps.. ( I WILL PAY SHIPPING BACK )

I will delete this thread as well and leave good feedback if this works out, Definitely not the way I do business when I sell parts..
I asked specific questions when I bought these to avoid a situation like this, And maybe they didn't leak last time he used them but
they are clearly leaking as soon as I put them on my car.

What do you guys think? I did not sugar coat any of this, The above quotes are exact cut and pastes from the PM's

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 03-25-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I don't believe you are in the right here.

You should have tested them when you got them before installing. Going back to the seller after several days you had them on your car is not right.

After all you a rock could have hit it and open a crack that would cause it to leak while they were on your car.

I say seal the crack and enjoy the clear corners.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Definitely hard to say whether it was like that before or the shipping, installation, or something happening while it was on could have cause the problems. Either way, for something so small and simple I would just get some sealant and do the easy fix and not worry about it.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
I don't believe you are in the right here.

You should have tested them when you got them before installing. Going back to the seller after several days you had them on your car is not right.

After all you a rock could have hit it and open a crack that would cause it to leak while they were on your car.

I say seal the crack and enjoy the clear corners.
How likely is that to happen Joker? I dont believe I've read about any instances where a rock hit a clear corner and caused a leak. Plus, why would the OP lie about it? Given that its only $30. Also, the OP even offered to pay for the shipping. As a seller, gtrefever should refund his money.

But I will say this, OP you messed up in buying used corners that were only $5 away from new ones. Its only $5 more for new, guaranteed and working corners. Well worth it IMO.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
+1 on just sealing it yourself. It's an easy job, and its most likely cheaper than your other options.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by WhosRich
How likely is that to happen Joker? I dont believe I've read about any instances where a rock hit a clear corner and caused a leak. Plus, why would the OP lie about it? Given that its only $30. Also, the OP even offered to pay for the shipping. As a seller, gtrefever should refund his money.

But I will say this, OP you messed up in buying used corners that were only $5 away from new ones. Its only $5 more for new, guaranteed and working corners. Well worth it IMO.
I know it was so close to the price of new ones, But I didn't want to get the bump style and I figured if they worked 100% I wouldn't of minded.

I asked if they leaked how would I know? I put them on and as soon as it rained I had moisture in the one. Sorry It didn't rain the day they arrived.

I highly doubt a rock came up and hit them its leaking where both parts come together from front to back. Even if I seal them the one is cloudy inside now which is not what I was sold.

And to simply ignore me? I offered to pay shipping back. Trust me if I inflicted the issue I would of chalked it up as a loss and wouldn't of even wasted my time posting anything... Like I said im not a young punk kid im 30+ ive been on forums forever been to tons of wrenching sessions / get togethers and have never had a problem.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^The ignoring part is a bit shady. If he wasnt going to refund the money, he should atleast say so. They have the non-bump ones in stock also Quik, should've hit up Tony or Rick @Riverside. Anyway, how did you pay for the item? If hes not going to refund your money, maybe you can dispute it.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
^The ignoring part is a bit shady. If he wasnt going to refund the money, he should atleast say so. They have the non-bump ones in stock also Quik, should've hit up Tony or Rick @Riverside. Anyway, how did you pay for the item? If hes not going to refund your money, maybe you can dispute it.
I actually did post in the Riverside corners thread, They informed me only bump style was available...

I really don't want to go thru the process its really only $30 its just a sh|tty way to do business. Its only a cheap part but what if it was something more expensive you know? If I was the seller I would be like you know what I don't think they leaked but if they do Ill honor my part send it back for a refund my image / reputation is worth more than $30

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

It has same chances of happening as seller selling them that way.

I got clear corners and one of them does have a crack in it and water does get's in there.

Crack accrues simply because they are made out of cheap plastic that dries out with time and simply cracks.

If they were sold cracked, most likely it would be easily detectable that there was moisture in there previously. Moisture gets in on a wet day, dust gets in on a dry day, resulting in clear corner showing sings of dust, dirt and water spots inside the clear corner.

I'm sure OP looked at them close enough to see all this when he installed them, so if there was nothing to detect.........that means there was nothing there to be detected.

In any case...........the problem was detected by OP several days after he used the product, because of that I believe he has voided his right to demand his money back. He bought a used product (no warranty usually given for used products, they sold AS IS). According to the seller it was in good working condition. Buyer should have carefully inspected the product before installing it.

Last edited by JOKER; 03-25-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
It has same chances of happening as seller selling them that way.

I got clear corners and one of them does have a crack in it and water does get's in there.

Crack accrues simply because they are made out of cheap plastic that dries out with time and simply cracks.

If they were sold cracked, most likely it would be easily detectable that there was moisture in the previously. Moisture gets in on a wet day, dust gets in on a dry day, resulting in clear corner showing sings of dust, dirt and water spots inside the clear corner.

I'm sure OP looked at them close enough to see all this when he installed them, so if there was nothing to detect.........that means there was nothing there to be detected.

In any case...........the problem was detected by OP several days after he used the product, because of the I believe he has voided his right to demand his money back. He bought a used product (no warranty usually given for used products, they sold AS IS). According to the seller it was in good working condition. Buyer should have carefully inspected the product before installing it.
There is no Crack, The seal between the 2 plastic sections leak. How would I know they leak if I didn't wash my car or it didn't rain?

I put these on a few days after I got them how fast would I honestly be able to detect this?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I actually did post in the Riverside corners thread, They informed me only bump style was available...

I really don't want to go thru the process its really only $30 its just a sh|tty way to do business. Its only a cheap part but what if it was something more expensive you know? If I was the seller I would be like you know what I don't think they leaked but if they do Ill honor my part send it back for a refund my image / reputation is worth more than $30
it is your responsibility to inspect a used part/item when you purchase it.
Not your neighbors, not sellers, not rains..........YOUR responsibility!

Seller simply needs to describe it truthfully to the best of his/her knowledge and ability.

Put your self in his place and handle the issue as if it was you who sold them.
Is there enough of sufficient evidence that they were sold defected?

NO!

You bite the bullet for not inspecting them before the install.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
There is no Crack, The seal between the 2 plastic sections leak. How would I know they leak if I didn't wash my car or it didn't rain?

I put these on a few days after I got them how fast would I honestly be able to detect this?
in 3 minutes or less

1. grab a cup
2. pour water in the cup
3. dip clear corner in the water
4. check for leaks

DONE!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
in 3 minutes or less

1. grab a cup
2. pour water in the cup
3. dip clear corner in the water
4. check for leaks

DONE!
I figured asking the seller was enough your 100% serious with this reply aren't you?

I already said if I was the seller on the other side of this topic I would of already refunded the money. The parts would be back in his hand 100% the way they left. Again my reputation / name is worth more than $30 I stand behind what I sell and if someones un-happy with what they receive I do what I have to do to fix the issue.

Glad you are defending the person thats ignoring my messages etc and not even replying.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Yes I am serious.

You keep saying that you have all this years of experience dealing with people on forums and yet you fail to realize that used parts need to be inspected when purchased.

The fact that he's ignoring you is not important. He's not a Walmart or Costco, he does not have costumer service department. He will reply to you at his convenience. And you need to respect that because as I have already pointed out..........There are not enough facts to clearly rule this in your favor.

Accepting damaged part back is not an option for seller because according to him, he sold you a good used part, you failed to inspect it and now want your money back a week later. It does not work that way.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes I am serious.

You keep saying that you have all this years of experience dealing with people on forums and yet you fail to realize that used parts need to be inspected when purchased.

The fact that he's ignoring you is not important. He's not a Walmart or Costco, he does not have costumer service department. He will reply to you at his convenience. And you need to respect that because as I have already pointed out..........There are not enough facts to clearly rule this in your favor.

Accepting damaged part back is not an option for seller because according to him, he sold you a good used part, you failed to inspect it and now want your money back a week later. It does not work that way.
Yeah used parts like a cylinder head, engine block maybe cams but corner lamps? You cant even see where it leaks.
Wow " Welcome to the G35 Driver forums " Thanks Glad to see its like this around here.. Good points you know I really didn't think of any of those.

You could turn your whole thing around and say the seller should of tested that they didn't leak before he verified they don't without any testing.
I specifically asked before buying these exact questions.

PS.. Wow I know not to buy anything from you, Nice replys to your visitor messages, Simple questions with smart *** remarks.. Amazing.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 03-25-2010 at 07:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor buying expierience with fellow member.