The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Poor buying expierience with fellow member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
i got some leaky clear corners for sale.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy ****t 4 pages.. of bitching... dammmnn someone buy the op some clear corners.. already.. shiittttt!!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ lol

Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by BloodlineG
holy ****t 4 pages.. of bitching... dammmnn someone buy the op some clear corners.. already.. shiittttt!!
only 1 page for me

Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by TehG35
This is kind of ridiculous. In the OPs defense, I feel like he started the thread just to show the rest of the G35Driver community that this guy is an irresponsible seller. Yes, it was a $30 part... yes he could fix it himself... yes it wasn't the best choice to not spend $5 more and buy new...

But at the same time... you're all saying it's a cheap part and to tell him to get over it? Same goes for the seller! The seller should just take the parts back and eat it... seeing as how OP offered to eat the cost of shipping. It's highly unlikely OP would go through this much trouble and make up some story like this? I did this same thing when another NGC member ripped me off. I started the thread just to have a record of his poor salesmanship. Now you all are tearing him apart and accusing him of being cheap. It's obvious he's willing to eat whatever it takes in this situation.. and if you ask me he was more than polite and proper. He simply started this just to make it public that gtr fever SUCKS. Lay off him a bit fellas
You my friend have hit the nail on the head. I wasn't even being cheap, its not that I wanted to save $5 I have no problem if they were $50 I just wanted the specific style that wasn't being offered anymore. I was just concerned about buying that style. I contacted a few vendors prior that said they were no longer in production. Thats the only reason I went with used not to save money, To get the style I preferred.

Like I said if I was the seller this would of been refunded already.. You really think I should of water tested a set of corner lamps? I asked the questions before I bought and take the sellers word. When it first rained ( first time water would contact them ) they leaked and I then emailed GTRFEVER.

I asked questions before I bought :

Originally Posted by QUiKSR20

As long as there's no cracks / nothing wrong with them etc look new, New is like $15 more and I can only find the bump style.

Im hoping there the NON-Bump style and pretty much like new. If so let me know how to pay.

Thanks,
Daryl
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
OEM Nissan right? No cracks good shape? Im only asking cause there only $37.00 brand new so if yours are OEM and in basically mint condition ill take yours. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Daryl
I never got unprofessional, called names or accused him of anything. I simply asked a few questions and said hey ill eat shipping ( im not cheap ) but do the right thing. I wouldn't waste his time if I caused this myself.

Its the POINT! not that its a cheap part what if it was an expensive one? I contacted him multiple times to be ignored? I would of been happier with a reply stating it is what it is get over it. But to ignore me?

Yeah everyone seems to point out I should of broke out my pressure testing lab to test these things ive never heard of a thing. I asked many questions before I bought and trusted the seller, And he may of honestly not known these had an issue which is fine. But personally I would of stood behind my parts if I sold something to someone, I always do. It would never get to this with a part I sell.

This is not how I do business, Im not whining that I didn't get my way its about being fair and standing behind what you sell. I only brought up being from/on other
forums because we have all faced people that join up are new and start talking all this crap to be smacked around by the heavy hitters... Im not trying to be one
of those people at all ( that was the only point to that reference. ) I hope to be one of the respectable big dogs here too one day but obviously right now theres not much seniority.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 03-26-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm with you OP. If its only $30 the seller should just refund the money on principle. How was the buyer supposed to know that if would leak? Only when it rains so the week that he had it on his car is understandable. Seller should do the right thing and refund the money. If he doesnt want to do that, he should atleast state his case with the OP and stop ducking the issue.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Like I said, just file a claim through paypal already.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
^I've been saying that since the beginning. Just dispute it. Forget about the $30, do it on principle.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no simpler way to put it but if he did sell them with a leak... you got screwed.
be happy it was only 30 bucks..

same thing happened to me on ebay with oakley glasses.. they had a oakley box but the glasses were like 5$ china special. so i slaped myself on the wrist and said never again. and moved on.

you my friend just need to move on.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
FYI: I bought mine brand new from the dealer non bump style and mind is starting to have condensation in them after 3 years of use. The sidemarker was probably used for a while and was In the sun causing a leak/crack. It may just need a new seal that's it nothing major/

Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks to the guys that have viewed this from my angle as a buyer.. Im going to try and clear out the condensation and re-seal if not, I will just buy a new BUMP style and I will remember next time to ask more questions.

Just gonna chalk this experience up as a loss and go from there. Nothing more I can do, Just now know what to expect as a possibility when dealing with some sellers.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^You are seriously trippin dude, im sorry.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosRich
^I've been saying that since the beginning. Just dispute it. Forget about the $30, do it on principle.
What principal? He bought an as is item that previously didn't have any issues. He had them on the car for days before the issue arises. Sure we can speculate and say the issue was already there and the seller didn't enclose that, but we can also speculate that the op caused the issue. Point is he installed them ran them for days. You're not gonna go buy a car then tell them you want your money back every time something goes wrong. We live in Socal with barely any rain so there's not many cases where we would even see if something like this had a leak.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
The principle is that the guy is being shady. He said they were in working order. When the OP got them, they weren't. Yea its $30 bucks but come on. If you're telling me that you bought something, used or not, that wasnt as described, you wouldnt be mad?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor buying expierience with fellow member.