The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Poor buying expierience with fellow member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShanesG
It's leaking where the 2 pieces are joined. Is there any clear evidence of someone tampering with it? If not i don't see how this would be in any way Gtrefever's responsibility...even if the issue was already there he obviously had no idea of knowing. Jeremy is a honest guy. I also find it very hard to believe there is a leak where the 2 are joined. Even when i modified mine it took about an hour with a dremel just to separate the pieces. Unless someone seriously chucked the corner at a concrete wall i don't see how that just happens. For all we know you could have dropped or something. Either way you bought an as is item. Just seal the thing back up, it's a freakin sidemarker, imo you didn't even need to get back to him, seal it up be on your way.
If I put my mouth on the socket location and blow threw air comes out of the end where it gets pointy... Dont know how else to describe it..

If I dropped it I wouldn't be trying to get a guy to replace it, I would of chalked it up as user error and moved on.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 03-25-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
lol I'm surprised no one's done that!
Nope, not on this forum nor any other of the forums I'm on. My life is now complete. I've heard it all.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
If I were him, I'd pay you $30 just so you'd get off my back, not that i think you deserve it or anything.

Who's rich?

I'm rich.
Off his back? Im simply writing him messages about a part I bought from him.

Boy do you get treated diff when your a new member to a site, Eh I guess if this was SR20Forum where I have a little credibility
it would be the same only everyone would be defending me. Carry on sorry I brought it up

Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
If you bought the non-bump/non-oem (jdm) style clear corners then I would definitely say you have nothing specific to complain about with the seller. I have a pair of ebay non-bump styles that I used to run that did get moisture inside when it rained/i washed the car. But I mean that went away the next time it was sunny. So just clean them out through the hole for the bulb and warm them up with a hairdryer or for a little while in the oven and then reseal them. If you used the oven you might not even have to add anymore sealant.

This is such a small, cheap item to get hung up on. There are so many chances that it could've been damaged when you installed it or by some other factor once installed or even the fact that it just is a cheaply made product that I wouldn't even bother with all of the drama.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
lesson learned. Don't be cheap. Especially for a $5 difference. Put your Amber back on. How did you pay for the item? Paypal? I would file a claim.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Not going to file a claim its not worth that's.. These are non bump OEM not aftermarket.. I wasn't trying to save any money hence why i paid almost the same amount new ones cost. I just wanted NON BUMP OEM so I was willing to pay almost the same price as new to get the ones I wanted..

If its too much for the seller to take back or even acknowledge I got a bad part than I will have to eat it and attempt to clean and re-seal.

No reason to get immature about it.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i know im not the only one here who has BRAND NEW clear corners that already get condensation in them every time its a little cold or wet.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If it not worth filing a claim then why you bltching about it here?

If you paid thru paypal, then file the stupid claim. You might even get to keep the corners too. Just buy some silicone seal at autozone and apply it where the leak is. Done deal.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
If it not worth filing a claim then why you bltching about it here?

If you paid thru paypal, then file the stupid claim. You might even get to keep the corners too. Just buy some silicone seal at autozone and apply it where the leak is. Done deal.
I never brought up filing a claim other members did. Re-read the thread I only brought up the sale I had with another forum member.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
No reason to get immature about it.
There's also no reason to get defensive and hurt when someone gives you an answer you don't like. If you want to lump the entirety of G35Driver into statements like "Nice way to treat a new member", you have that right. But for someone who says they're not new to forums, you're certainly acting like a petulant little child who didn't get his way.

Grow up and take some responsibility. You bought a used product, failed to properly inspect it, then installed it. At least 90% of the blame lies with you. I know I wouldn't refund your money simply because you installed it and used it for several days. You own it at that point.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really reasonable to expect him to inspect it by giving it an air-tightness test in a cup of water?

Btw, where is gtrefever on this?

Old 03-26-2010, 04:12 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by j 4 lD
Is it really reasonable to expect him to inspect it by giving it an air-tightness test in a cup of water?

Btw, where is gtrefever on this?
Yes.

It's a USED item, it must be inspected before accepted.

It is not reasonable to assume that used item is in brand new, factory like condition, even if it is.

Only a retailer of a brand new product should accept a liability in case like this. Because item that was sold obviously should last longer than a week.
Buyer of a used item responsible to inspect item for damage before accepting and using the item.

There is no need for gtrefever here. He already stated that to his knowledge it was in good shape. That is ENOUGH!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right or wrong, i'm just amazed you didn't just buy them new. You saved 5 bucks.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is kind of ridiculous. In the OPs defense, I feel like he started the thread just to show the rest of the G35Driver community that this guy is an irresponsible seller. Yes, it was a $30 part... yes he could fix it himself... yes it wasn't the best choice to not spend $5 more and buy new...

But at the same time... you're all saying it's a cheap part and to tell him to get over it? Same goes for the seller! The seller should just take the parts back and eat it... seeing as how OP offered to eat the cost of shipping. It's highly unlikely OP would go through this much trouble and make up some story like this? I did this same thing when another NGC member ripped me off. I started the thread just to have a record of his poor salesmanship. Now you all are tearing him apart and accusing him of being cheap. It's obvious he's willing to eat whatever it takes in this situation.. and if you ask me he was more than polite and proper. He simply started this just to make it public that gtr fever SUCKS. Lay off him a bit fellas

Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Why should the seller take it back? The seller may have had no problems with it and he stated that, who knows where/when the crack appeared. Furthermore it was installed for days before the problem was noticed/appeared so how can you say that is the sellers fault any longer? Like was stated before, if it was sold as new and from a retailer I would agree it should be taken back. But, this was sold as an as is used item from another member and if you don't check an as is item when you get it, before you install it, then you really can't argue days after you have already installed it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor buying expierience with fellow member.