The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Advice On Mounting My Stripper Pole

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Advice On Mounting My Stripper Pole

Need to mount my stripper pole. I seem to never get hassled by cops for it so might as well (knock on wood I don't get hassled, lol). At first I thought I couldn't because of the sunroof, but as you can see in the pics, there is room for it to be bolted. Above the headliner there is some sheet metal. I've thought about attaching a plate above it so it's more sturdy and I'll have just enough clearance for a short bolt and nut to hold it securely.

As for the bottom, I have no clue, I was thinking of just drilling some bolts. When I have photoshoots, the females like to hold onto the pole and lean back, but unfortunately they can't. I just need it to support some weight, not too much (not fat chicks because if I wouldn't let them near my pole, they're not getting near my car's pole).

Any suggestions?

Pics of clearance:

Not sure who hasn't seen the pole, so here's a couple pics for those requests.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...

Better question: where did you get those black neck rest things on the seats?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
i really don't see a point in this? i mean, there is no room to do anything in the G.

it's a g35, not a limo.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
ha! I never saw that in a coupe, let alone a G- dope tho dude if you want 2 pull it off more power to you
i think your top mount would be most important as far as reinforcement..bottom your right- you'd probably have to bolt. some chicks dont look it, but are a little top heavy ya know keep 'em shakin' lol

Old 03-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ultiman
ok...

Better question: where did you get those black neck rest things on the seats?
I got them from PG Motoring (www.pgmotoringusa.com). They are the Bellezza neckpads non-perforated. I like these over the Junction produce since they are plain and you can put your own stitching if you wish, as I intend to do.

Also, it uses memory foam so they are much more comfortable than the JP ones; those are kinda stiff.

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
i really don't see a point in this? i mean, there is no room to do anything in the G.

it's a g35, not a limo.
I'm 6'0" and the G has plenty of room to do quite a bit in. I'm not the most flexible either, but I manage quite well. All a matter of using imagination

And the point? For looks. Many people get a kick out of it. I want to make my interior luxurious with a bit of exotic in the mix.

Originally Posted by carumba
ha! I never saw that in a coupe, let alone a G- dope tho dude if you want 2 pull it off more power to you
i think your top mount would be most important as far as reinforcement..bottom your right- you'd probably have to bolt. some chicks dont look it, but are a little top heavy ya know keep 'em shakin' lol
It's in a sedan...but I have test fitted it into a coupe, so it can be done lol.

Any thoughts on reinforcement for the top?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I like the other 'headrests' in the last pic.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I dont know why I had coupe on the brain... too much attention on girlys thighs than seats
I havent seen the hood without the liner so I'm not 100% with what you could use as support in that area [sorry], but I'd imagine further reinforcement to the sheet metal with some brackets should make it sturdy enough for a little pull. good luck with the project mang, should pay off!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ you mean roof without liner, not hood...

here's what it looks like:

Old 03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
I like the other 'headrests' in the last pic.
Lmao.

Originally Posted by OCG35

Thanks for the pic Mike. Did you take off the headliner yourself? If so, what was the difficulty of it? I wanna sound deaden mine since I have 80 sq. ft. of deadener to waste

Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by carumba
I dont know why I had coupe on the brain... too much attention on girlys thighs than seats
I havent seen the hood without the liner so I'm not 100% with what you could use as support in that area [sorry], but I'd imagine further reinforcement to the sheet metal with some brackets should make it sturdy enough for a little pull. good luck with the project mang, should pay off!
I guess best method is to take off the headliner and figure it out. I was thinking of a long bar, kinda like a strut bar as well but I dunno.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35

yep yep. I'll blame it on those thunder thighs, again thanks for the correction

Old 03-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Lmao.

Thanks for the pic Mike. Did you take off the headliner yourself? If so, what was the difficulty of it? I wanna sound deaden mine since I have 80 sq. ft. of deadener to waste
no, Chuy's upholstery shop removed for suede when the car was in body shop...

Old 03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Sorry but looks like there wont be a pretty way to put it in, maybe just bolt it to the floorboard

Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I guess I left out something. Currently there is a half or 3/4 piece (not full) that would screw into the roof. On the bottom its a full circle and theres about 6 holes for them.

If I can't do the top and bottom I'll just leave it as I currently have it, but I prefer to bolt it in. Although once it did come in handy when some jerk off kept honking at me for driving the speed limit in a park structure and then flipped me off....then I got out the car and pulled out the pole and threw my hands in the air....they look in his eyes told me he was sorry lol.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
can i haz the girl

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice On Mounting My Stripper Pole