The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Stay Away From Halo Automotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:00 PM
|
Stay Away From Halo Automotive

I decided to purchase some yellow H4 fogs to compliment my new hid bulbs. I looked around both here and online and settled on halo solaris h4 bulbs. I looked around and chose to buy the bulbs direct from the company. I made the online purchase on 04/09/10 at 5:50 pm. I received an order confirmation by email that night. 3 days later, I logged into my account on their website to check the status because I had not received shipping confirmation, I saw that the status was still "waiting to ship." I sent an email to them that night to see what the hold up was. I received no response to that email. 2 days later, I sent another email and received no response.
I called the company on the 14th so see if I could get ahold of someone who could assist me. "Ish" answered and seemed annoyed that I had called to check on my order. He was extremely impatient and wanted to pawn the issue off on the "internet department." They don't have a phone number but he assured me he'd have them follow up. He then hung up on me. I called back and after a minute or so, he hung up on me again. I called back a third time and this time, I cursed his @ss up and down. I tried to be nice but he failed to allow me to be. I tried to call back/email them a few more times but got no response.
I then called the Huntington Beach Police Dept and had one of their officers follow up. The officer assured me that he had talked to someone in charge over there and that my order was being shipped. I still haven't gotten my order. I called Halo today and was told by Ish that they were not going to ship my lights and that they weren't going to refund my money, that I'd have to start a claim on my credit card. Today I called BoA and did just that. Definitely the most unprofessional half *** company I have ever dealt with. Did I act like a fool? Sure. Was it in response to being treated like **** from some jerkoff 3000 miles away, yup. I figured I'd share my experience with you all since you might try to order from them someday.

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:06 PM
I'm surprised they even have an online store as most manufacturers do not do retail...

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:07 PM
Sounds crazy, what kind of company would deliberately do that though?

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:55 PM
|
^ Cause the guy wanted to be a little b1tch and he can.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Sorry to hear this happen. I offer Halo products because there is a demand for their products on the forum.

I tried to work directly though Halo and well that was a joke... I kept calling them and got no where. So I ended up finding a distributor that is close to them and is able to have the stock.

Bottom line is if these werent such a popular line, I probably wouldnt even try to sell them.

Edit: Right now the H4 Solaris Yellows are on back order even at my distributor. Hearing this story makes me think Im not going to receive these anytime soon

Old 04-19-2010 | 08:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by M-Motorsports
Edit: Right now the H4 Solaris Yellows are on back order even at my distributor. Hearing this story makes me think Im not going to receive these anytime soon
I figured they were in high demand, they seem popular. That's why I went with the company itself to buy them from. I hate seeing "in stock" only to find out that they weren't from a smaller distributor. Do you have anything comparable? I got my $42 back from the dispute and I'm itching to spend it. Lol.