G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

New owner - 2006 LS G35X picked up yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner - 2006 LS G35X picked up yesterday

New member here from northern NJ.

After much help in another thread here on the forum I was able to get a fabulous G35X yesterday and I love the damn thing more than I thought I would. I love cars that have a split personality like this does - RWD, sunroof and a gem of a V6 for the nice days and ripping around on country roads, a luxurious interior/gorgeous exterior for taking clients out for lunch and AWD for the days where the weather is at its worst.

I look forward to reading as much as possible about this and other cars on the forum and maybe add a little perspective myself.

Thanks for all the help so far - this seems to be a very nice forum which certainly is a wonderful thing for any brand of car.

A couple of pics:

Jacob

Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Jacob.

I am also from NNJ and I just picked up my '06 X this past Saturday. Where did you buy yours or was it a private seller?

What's the mileage on it?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi - and thank you. Congrats to you as well.

Cool - same car then. Mine had just a tick over 48000 when I picked it up from a Nissan dealer here in NJ. They were really great to deal with.

How about you - dealer or private?

Jacob

Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Thank you too. Yup, same car exactly.

I picked mine up from an Infiniti dealer in Summit, they were pretty decent to deal with too, for a dealer.

Mine is the diamond graphite metallic color with 36K on it.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I saw that one! I even talked to them about it - some internet sales guy named Jordan and he told me it had just sold. It looked to be in great condition. They were asking like 18.9 for it, right? I found their listing on craigslist first and then autotrader.com.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
That's a cool color, congrats

Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
how much did it cost u? im looking for 06 sedan also in ny area.

Last edited by SHOKASE; 04-22-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by SHOKASE
how mcuh did it cost u? im looking for 06 sedan also in ny area.
18k out the door. Still has a little over five months and 11k+ miles left on bumper to bumper warranty as well.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Slam it!

Just kidding, it looks good. There is no doubt you'll want to start making some changes if you hang around here long enough. I'm big on keeping things looking OEM so everything I do is so subtle that non-G owners would probably never notice.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by GreatDane001
I saw that one! I even talked to them about it - some internet sales guy named Jordan and he told me it had just sold. It looked to be in great condition. They were asking like 18.9 for it, right? I found their listing on craigslist first and then autotrader.com.
Yes that was the one!

Snagged it for $18,500 all said and done. Not too bad I guess considering they originally had the car listed at around $21K or so. $18,955 or whatever they were asking was their "no haggle internet pricing". Even at $18K flat they were willing to let me walk away, which I almost did -- but I rethought things and gave them what they needed to see. I figure wholesale is right around $17,500-$18K.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by K Dub
Yes that was the one!

Snagged it for $18,500 all said and done. Not too bad I guess considering they originally had the car listed at around $21K or so. $18,955 or whatever they were asking was their "no haggle internet pricing". Even at $18K flat they were willing to let me walk away, which I almost did -- but I rethought things and gave them what they needed to see. I figure wholesale is right around $17,500-$18K.
Very nice!! 18500 is very fair and a good deal too, I think. I hate that "internet pricing" and the fact it's so hard to negotiate from that point. I'm glad my dealer accepted my email offer of 18k OTD so we could get it done. Other places didn't want to negotiate even a single penny, but instead added BS charges to the final price.

I can't wait to see some pics of your car when you get a chance. It looked beautiful on the dealer's site.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Very nice!! 18500 is very fair and a good deal too, I think. I hate that "internet pricing" and the fact it's so hard to negotiate from that point. I'm glad my dealer accepted my email offer of 18k OTD so we could get it done. Other places didn't want to negotiate even a single penny, but instead added BS charges to the final price.

I can't wait to see some pics of your car when you get a chance. It looked beautiful on the dealer's site.
Yes, I hear you. The one I looked at at Ramsey Subaru had like a $1500 "prep" fee tacked onto it. It was so rediculous that I left immediately and filed a complaint with the BBB for false advertising. I was pissed off to take the time and gas to go up there only to have the price get jacked up almost $2K over the advertised price when all was said and done.

Thanks for the reassurance on pricing.

I'll do my best to take some pics this weekend and get them up here early next week.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by K Dub
Yes, I hear you. The one I looked at at Ramsey Subaru had like a $1500 "prep" fee tacked onto it. It was so rediculous that I left immediately and filed a complaint with the BBB for false advertising. I was pissed off to take the time and gas to go up there only to have the price get jacked up almost $2K over the advertised price when all was said and done.

Thanks for the reassurance on pricing.

I'll do my best to take some pics this weekend and get them up here early next week.

Awesome - I did the same thing with a used car dealer on RT 22 in Springfield, NJ who tried to bait and switch me when looking for another car. I called to confirm the car was available and they said "sure come on in" and I said I'd call back the next day, so I did. "Oh it sold yesterday, I'm sorry". Funny, after having been listed online for three months all over cars.com, autotrader.com and CL. So the next day I called them again under an assumed name, and voila, the car was available for sale!! I said "oh it's available?", to which the sales manager said "yes, but hurry in - a lot of people are calling on it", to which I said "that's funny - I spoke to you last night and you said the car had been sold". Dead silence on the other end of the line.... I said a very firm "goodbye" and hung up the phone.

Yeah I hate those added fees and their internet ad even said "includes all cost to be paid by a consumer except TTL". Prep fee... a car wash and an oil change? Laughable.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Awesome - I did the same thing with a used car dealer on RT 22 in Springfield, NJ who tried to bait and switch me when looking for another car. I called to confirm the car was available and they said "sure come on in" and I said I'd call back the next day, so I did. "Oh it sold yesterday, I'm sorry". Funny, after having been listed online for three months all over cars.com, autotrader.com and CL. So the next day I called them again under an assumed name, and voila, the car was available for sale!! I said "oh it's available?", to which the sales manager said "yes, but hurry in - a lot of people are calling on it", to which I said "that's funny - I spoke to you last night and you said the car had been sold". Dead silence on the other end of the line.... I said a very firm "goodbye" and hung up the phone.

Yeah I hate those added fees and their internet ad even said "includes all cost to be paid by a consumer except TTL". Prep fee... a car wash and an oil change? Laughable.
OMG there was a dealer (Nissan dealer maybe?) on 22 that did that to me a few years back when looking for a used Jeep they had been advertising. I bet it was the same dealer. I called first and confirmed it was available. When I got there an hour later, it was "sold". They were doing their best to try and talk me into buying literally anything else off of their lot but I just left because I only wanted that particular cherokee I hd seen advertised. I never even realized that it was a bait and switch until just now.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah they're absolute scumbags. The one who did it to me was 21st Century Auto Group. I think I know the one you're talking about - is it next to a shopping center going down a hill when coming from Newark? There are two on RT 22 within 5-6 miles of each other.

As I mentioned in another thread here, I was on my way to a dealer in Jersey City (Majorworld POS) and called them as soon as I left my house to confirm all was well - I was on hold for a bit and the guy said the car was sold the night before - but he didn't call to cancel my appointment. I tore into him and he apologized and said "my manager still wants you to come down and see if you'd like another car". Sure just sell me a Taurus - I'll like that just the same, right? Morons. I said I'm not coming in today or ever in the future. The sales manager emailed me and asked if I needed more info and I replied that he couldn't give me a car for free at this point and I would never consider buying a car from them after this.

I was looking at other cars for a while (RL, 300C SRT8, Charger SRT8 among others) and it was the same there - you get the run-around at so many places. When I bought my last car in 2008, I also made an email offer which was accepted and when I went to see the car, all was perfect and I bought it on the spot. This time it's a different brand of car so that dealership couldn't help me again, but I'm glad I finally found one who wasn't solely out to screw with people as it seems many of dealerships around here are.

Last edited by GreatDane001; 04-23-2010 at 11:24 AM.