The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

mild VIP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by kennymo
yea but then it looks goofy having the rear lower doesnt it?
not really. we do it all the time
make it to look that you cant really tell the rear is lower.
sounds confusing but trust me it works.

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:25 PM
kennymo i love the vip thing and im going for that look also, thing is dont ask for advice here. go to vipstylecars.com, alot of helpful people there and will be easier for you to learn more about the style since that forum only caters to vip. Pm me if you have any questions.

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:37 PM
|
ok ill go sing up over there. thank you.

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:45 PM
yeah, but vip starts out with the stance of the car. really low and good wheel fitment. then comes the other stuff, bodykit, accessories and such.

Old 05-23-2010 | 08:52 PM
^^the man speaks the truth

i would say just search around on vipstylecars

there are several things that have a vip touch to them that you can add to your car but if you have no money for the full vip sutff then you're kinda outa luck

if you use donpisto as a gauge of VIP cost then you will be misslead, he has done a good amount of vip stuff but the guys over at vipstylecars have perfected the VIP style starting with a vip platform car and going from there, it costs a lot of money thus is not understood nor is able to be done by a lot of people

Old 05-23-2010 | 11:37 PM
VIP style varies. You're going for the mild look look and I know what you're going for. Pretty much what you want is a clean look. It's though to achieve with our car because of the body (and body kits available).

For the exterior it's about low and wide, unfortunately nobody really makes kits like that, although the Wald kit is the closest thing unless you go custom.

Then you have the drop and wheels. The wheel choice is what really brings out the look of the car. Huge lips aren't really necessary all the time. A ton of VIP cars actually don't have much lip, nor do they poke out. The newer trend for VIP seems to be that the wheels tuck by barely clearing the fenders. The vehicles stance makes a huge difference.

For the interior there's a few things you can do like the curtains. The Bellezza ones you showed come in a pair, I'm pretty sure. So if you want front and rear, you would need to order two. Get the neck pads from Bellezza while you're at it, that adds to the look. A fusa as another "traditional" VIP element, but is not needed.

One of the most important things that really doesn't get mentioned that I believe is associated with VIP is being unique and paying attention to the small details. That's why I did the stripper pole (although it's not really a VIP thing at all), but I guess I'll let the cat out the bag and mention what I am gonna do to set the car apart from others. One is an all out copper engine bay. Everyone does polished, so I'm doing copper. I was going to do gold, but I think if I had a black car it would look better. Stripper pole will end up being copper as well. I'm also going to modify my exhaust to have dual tips on the left and right side or have the exhaust come out from the side skirts.

If you can get a VIP magazine, pick one up and look through it. The one I have is called VIP CAR. If you don't know where to get one, you can always post a WTB thread on the VSC forum and I'm sure someone will have a magazine they're willing to sell.

Old 05-23-2010 | 11:41 PM
start with this, very big in the VIP world
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-W...Q5fAccessories

Old 05-23-2010 | 11:49 PM
|
thank you for the help levon. i thought about doing a gold engine bay and accents as well. i think it would go well with my tb. but that means i gotta powdercoat the rims the same color to match. copper will look sick though. definatly cant wait to see that.

curtains are already ordered. the only reason i havnt ordered the neck pads is because im not sure if these are a pair or jsut one. some sites specify and others dont. it says quantity 1. but is that 1 pair or just 1?

http://www.pgmotoringusa.com/store/c..._detail&p=1418

Old 05-23-2010 | 11:50 PM
^^^

Yup, great addition. Totally forgot about that.

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by kennymo
thank you for the help levon. i thought about doing a gold engine bay and accents as well. i think it would go well with my tb. but that means i gotta powdercoat the rims the same color to match. copper will look sick though. definatly cant wait to see that.

curtains are already ordered. the only reason i havnt ordered the neck pads is because im not sure if these are a pair or jsut one. some sites specify and others dont. it says quantity 1. but is that 1 pair or just 1?

http://www.pgmotoringusa.com/store/c..._detail&p=1418
No prob.... They come as a pair as well. Those are what I got and I remember paying about 120 and some change for all of em.

Going gold all out in the engine bay is SUPER expensive if you're gonna do the timing cover, plenum (upper and lower), and intake...probably a couple grand or so.

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:03 AM
|
yea thats what changed my mind ahha

ok just ordered the neck pads. thanks again

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:24 AM
No prob.

But yeah, it's quite pricey, but that's actually having those parts dipped in real gold, not powdercoated. PC'ed would be cheaper. The copper is also gonna be quite pricey, but not as much as the gold, because it needs to be polished first, and then the copper process, and some clear coat so it doesn't change the color with heat.

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:27 AM
|
yea that will look awesome. cant wait to see that