The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Thinking about trading the G for a(nother) station wagon. Would you?

Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
^ coming from the guy that likes trans ams and firebirds.
Still better than a dodge.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ lol you have no idea, my friend.

They're great cars and about the best bang for your buck out there as used cars. As new, they lose so much value it's ridiculous but the used car buyer can make some great deals. The transmission in the Hemi powered cars is THE SAME as Mercedes use in the Bi-Turbo V12s and with the 5.7 or 6.1 up front, you're off to a good start. The world's fastest Magnum is running mid 9s in the 1/4 mile. 1100+ RWHP.
The LX cars are excellent but yeah a Dodge Caliber is a huge piece of ****, no doubt about that. Just don't think every product is the same.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
One would only wonder why you bought a G35 in the first place. You obviously are a Dodge fan so unload the G to someone who will appreciate it. Never driven a Dodge never will. I don't drive cars with Mercedes parts in addition to my G I drive a 2010 MB E550 coupe.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:17 PM
i wouldn't trade it for another weekend car so i agree with mike. but it sounds like you are a muscle car fan. i'm flexible i've had american sports cars (mustang and grand prix and a 3.5l altima although the altima was really the wife's) but if you don't love it after three months maybe your heart belongs with the big three from detroit. how much you wanna bet that guy dogs his magnum out? in the end do what makes you happy

Old 07-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
One would only wonder why you bought a G35 in the first place. You obviously are a Dodge fan so unload the G to someone who will appreciate it. Never driven a Dodge never will. I don't drive cars with Mercedes parts in addition to my G I drive a 2010 MB E550 coupe.
It was the best option at the time I bought it. Dodge fan... not sure I'm that but the Mopar cars I've had have all been good. The G is a great car, but just not "me". There's nothing to hate about it at all, but I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. So you pride yourself on not knowing anything about a particular brand - well if that makes you feel good, then more power to you.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by smittyrock
i wouldn't trade it for another weekend car so i agree with mike. but it sounds like you are a muscle car fan. i'm flexible i've had american sports cars (mustang and grand prix and a 3.5l altima although the altima was really the wife's) but if you don't love it after three months maybe your heart belongs with the big three from detroit. how much you wanna bet that guy dogs his magnum out? in the end do what makes you happy
Oh I know it's been raced. I know it's not perfect. I love cars with lots of power but this one has upgrades to make it much more than just a straight line beast. It's not that I'm a Big Three guy at all. My next car will be an E60 M5 after the G or this other car if I do the trade.

I'm 6'4", 220 lbs and while I'm comfortable, I need more leg room in the G. I don't get tired from long trips etc but it's not ideal for me and since I drive a ton for work, being a little cramped is not the greatest feeling plus the cargo space is pathetic, especially the trunk. Just not easy to live with when you have kids and need to shop for stuff lol.

Nothing is done yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves. The G has been flawless for the 7k miles I've driven it so that makes the decision harder as I know what I'm giving up but not what I'm getting.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:49 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Do you have a coupe or sedan?
I'm 6'5 and I have plenty of legroom in the sedan, I don't even put the seat all the way back because I would be too far for a comfortable driving position.

And as for the "worlds fastest magnum" I couldn't care less. Race built cars tell you absolutely nothing about the car itself. I mean, there are "scions" running 9's for pity sake

And why is the information about the transmission important? My last Trans-Am had the same transmission as the Vette, Baddest mustangs, Several Aston Martins... and yes even Dodge's beloved Viper.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
I would trade for a Magnum.... if I were married to my sister.
I thought you already were (married to your sister that is).

Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Hmmmm...lets see, 2010 Mercedes Benz E550...Dodge...decisions, decisions. It appears to me that this thread is more of a brag than a serious question. Do you really have to ask a forum what to do? I personally know what cars I wish to own and I buy them. I never would have mentioned my Mercedes if as I said this wasn't a brag thread and Mercedes was mentioned. I am every bit as proud to drive my 2003 Black G as the Benz.

Last edited by BlkCoupe; 08-01-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Id grow some ***** and go out and buy what I wanted instead of asking a bunch of people on the Internet.....

I dont think Ive ever, or ever will, ask someone if I should buy a certain vehicle.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would trade it in, granted all the proper comp tests and leakdowns tests pass.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Id grow some ***** and go out and buy what I wanted instead of asking a bunch of people on the Internet.....

I dont think Ive ever, or ever will, ask someone if I should buy a certain vehicle.
Are you 17? Wow

Trade is off - the other guy's wife didn't want the G. Fair enough, seeing it's small and slow and she's used to a roomy track monster.

Can a mod please close this thread? It appears you can't have any thread on this forum without a-holes getting their 2 cents in. If you don't have anything productive to say, GTFO of the thread. Children.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Hmmmm...lets see, 2010 Mercedes Benz E550...Dodge...decisions, decisions. It appears to me that this thread is more of a brag than a serious question. Do you really have to ask a forum what to do? I personally know what cars I wish to own and I buy them. I never would have mentioned my Mercedes if as I said this wasn't a brag thread and Mercedes was mentioned. I am every bit as proud to drive my 2003 Black G as the Benz.
Brag... says the guy who posted about his MB E550. Hahaha. I posted about the transmission because someone arrogantly stated that Transams and firebirds "are better than a Dodge" which is pure ignorance. They have good engines, sure, but everything else was garbage on those cars.

Last edited by GreatDane001; 08-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^Do you have a coupe or sedan?
I'm 6'5 and I have plenty of legroom in the sedan, I don't even put the seat all the way back because I would be too far for a comfortable driving position.

And as for the "worlds fastest magnum" I couldn't care less. Race built cars tell you absolutely nothing about the car itself. I mean, there are "scions" running 9's for pity sake

And why is the information about the transmission important? My last Trans-Am had the same transmission as the Vette, Baddest mustangs, Several Aston Martins... and yes even Dodge's beloved Viper.
I posted about the transmission because clearly the guy hating on Dodge doesn't know the first thing about the brand he's ragging on. Ignorance is bliss.