Why don't some care for their cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:54 PM
-MN G Crew-
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Hah, Tim... I don't ever plan on selling my car either. But man, after seeing some really nice Sedans on here, I wouldn't mind owning a Sedan as my next car and doing some sort of VIP theme. I should go ahead and start taking notes.

But my sister didn't understand the concept either. She just knew I washed my car ALL the time, but it wasn't till I explained to her and compared it to her house when she really understood. She keeps her house clean because she feels that is an extension of herself and how people see her, especially when she hosts small BBQ's at the place. Plus, its all about taking pride and ownership in what you have and what you worked hard for.

And I'm by no means really mature or old (Like Tim there), but I am starting to see that the younger generation of teens feel that they are entitled to a lot of things and their parents just give it to them, not teaching them the idea of working for what you have and taking ownership in your own property. I think if you don't teach those qualities to your children, it completely devalues the idea of not taking care of your stuff and what is important to you.

I also cannot stand it when people with some nice high end sports cars don't take care of their stuff. I saw a Porsche 911 the other day with what I thought were black wheels.... but it just turned out the wheels were THAT dirty.
I can attest to this. I got made fun of for how clean my car was in school.

I was the only one in the school parking lot whose paint looked like this though:

I just don't see what the big deal is. As i said above, i have spent too much time and money on this thing to have it get neglected.

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:57 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by swivelhips
some -- check that, most -- people see their cars as only an appliance, a way to get from a to b. They fill it was whatever crappy fuel is handy, get the oil changed at mr. Lube (if they remember to do it at all) and don't even notice when the paint and interior looks like crap.

Unlike us enthusiasts, for whom a car is part of who we are, so we like it to look, at the very least, presentable.
^^whs.

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:58 PM
I HAVE to wash my car once or twice a week because it is OB. I take pride in my cars, and the way I dress. I look good, smell good and have a million dollar smile.

Old 08-31-2010 | 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Hah, Tim... I don't ever plan on selling my car either. But man, after seeing some really nice Sedans on here, I wouldn't mind owning a Sedan as my next car and doing some sort of VIP theme. I should go ahead and start taking notes.

But my sister didn't understand the concept either. She just knew I washed my car ALL the time, but it wasn't till I explained to her and compared it to her house when she really understood. She keeps her house clean because she feels that is an extension of herself and how people see her, especially when she hosts small BBQ's at the place. Plus, its all about taking pride and ownership in what you have and what you worked hard for.

And I'm by no means really mature or old (Like Tim there), but I am starting to see that the younger generation of teens feel that they are entitled to a lot of things and their parents just give it to them, not teaching them the idea of working for what you have and taking ownership in your own property. I think if you don't teach those qualities to your children, it completely devalues the idea of not taking care of your stuff and what is important to you.

I also cannot stand it when people with some nice high end sports cars don't take care of their stuff. I saw a Porsche 911 the other day with what I thought were black wheels.... but it just turned out the wheels were THAT dirty.
There is one of those newer cute little Lotus cars around the corner from me. It is yellow with a black stripe down the middle. I have not seen it moved or covered in MONTHS! It looks like AZZ. What a waste!

Old 08-31-2010 | 11:07 PM
I care for my car more then my family and myself...

I feel like I have nothing, except for her. Id kill for her.

To each their own, and for me, she's all I got in this world that is truely mine...

Old 08-31-2010 | 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
You don't get the point of the thread because you have very little respect for what you drive and how it's maintained. I worked 6 days a week, rebuilt a house all while finishing my college education and my rides were alway spotless....there are no excuses!

KSWAY, you don't belong here! It's just a car....It's just a wife....It's just a kid....It's just a home....they all deserve respect and care, something I guess you don't get.
Gary
Tarded much Gary
?

Old 08-31-2010 | 11:51 PM
There are a lot of people that don't care about cars, the car for them it's like the fridge, doing its job and that's it. Where i live nobody clean or check the oil on their cars and at my work everyone is talking about me and my car and they say that "what you're doing with your car ? it's not a car that you're gonna have all your life", they don't know what a car means for an enthusiast ... i want to keep my 07 coupe all my life and that's not gonna be my only sports car ... too much jay leno's garage it's not good neither lolll

Old 08-31-2010 | 11:56 PM
I let the rain do its job. Just a car to me that brings me to and from work.

Get enough dents and dings from other people and you too would stop caring so much.

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tangerine

Get enough dents and dings from other people and you too would stop caring so much.
Yeah you're right ... i have 2 cars, a g35 for fun and a pontiac grand am for work ... even if people scratch it i don't mind ...

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tangerine

Yeah you' right, me too i have 2 cars ... one for the job and the other one for fun

Sorry for double posting

Last edited by danielbarbu; 09-01-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: double posting
Old 09-01-2010 | 12:06 AM
I loved my G, just like I loved my 300gt vr4, and all the other cars I had before. I park at work, I park at different places, and after a while, dings, some one keyed my car, I got bumper scrapes, you name it, I got it. Unavoidable road hazards, accidents, these are part of life. Some people will spend all the money they have on the car first before they spend it on any thing else.

No materialistic things should come before family, before rent, before education, before food, before your ability to survive.

At the end of the day, the G35 to me is just a car. Just like my TV is just a tv, or my PC is just a PC. They might be the best TV or best PC in the world, but it will never be better than priorities that run my every day life.

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Some -- check that, most -- people see their cars as only an appliance, a way to get from A to B. They fill it was whatever crappy fuel is handy, get the oil changed at Mr. Lube (if they remember to do it at all) and don't even notice when the paint and interior looks like crap.

Unlike us enthusiasts, for whom a car is part of who we are, so we like it to look, at the very least, presentable.
+1, that is exactly how my roommate views his car, and gives me **** when I was my car or spend money on it...

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:39 AM
Anh
Whenever I see rain outside, I throw on my poncho and start washing my car, even if I JUST washed it yesterday. Nothing is better than a freshwater rinse and no need to dry. People call me crazy, but they're also crazy for going ape **** over some spaghetti sauce on their $400 jeans.

Old 09-01-2010 | 08:37 AM
everything
Originally Posted by nismoz
^ lol you wash your car once-twice a week. Do you think that is too much? I wash my car twice a month and I think that is just good enough to keep it clean. Do you wax your car after washing it too?
Do I think its too much... hell no. Its black, these cars attract dirt like no other. And I wax after I buff, polish, and detail the car, usually 2-3 times a year. Waxing after every wash is pointless, you need to strip away the old stuff with a claybar.

Like I said I enjoy keeping everything I own immaculate, you could eat off my garage floor, our house is always spotless, and yard always looks amazing, I just like taking care of what i own, unlike many people today.

Old 09-01-2010 | 09:11 AM
I'm starting to wonder why some of these guys are part of a car enthusiast site if they don't care about cars.

I guess they could be here to get DIY advice, but typically anyone who does DIY on these cars is someone who is going to care if they get a scratch or a ding.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why don't some care for their cars?