The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just went to Infiniti Dealership VOIDED MY WARRANTY TOTALLY BS (help?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. this must suck. report ot consumer affairs.! but u did "modify" the engine.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
call Infiniti support line.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
that is some BS...

Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
As others have said the dealer has to prove your mods caused the issue. If they didn't, they have to cover the warranty. I would contact a lawyer asap.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just talked to warranty and can't help you unless you produce the oil change receipts then MAYBE warranty can do something about it.
Yeah, you do have to perform the scheduled maintenance to keep your warranty. The dealership is looking at a car with 44k miles, aftermarket performance parts, and no record of any maintenance / oil changes being done. It's not unreasonable for them to say hey we need some proof that at least the minimum oil changes, fluids, etc were done on the car before we put a several thousand dollar engine in it for you for free. I really don't think that any dealership is going to do that.

This is explained in the written warranty that comes with the new car.
see:
http://www.infinitiusa.com/ownership/warranty.html

On page 6 is says, "As a condition of this warranty, you are responsible for properly using, maintaining and caring for your vehicle, as outlined in your owner's manual, and of maintaining copies of all maintenance records and receipts for review by Nissan. Failure to do so is likely to result in denial of warranty."

You should a) tell the selling dealership the factory warranty will not be honored without proof of maintenance and you need it from them for your warranty repair issue

b) ask the infiniti dealership for all the records (if any) they DO HAVE showing what the dealerships have performed on the car

c) if the selling dealership cannot produce the maintenance records you should ask them to take the car back, as the express / implied warranty for the car has been voided and is not in effect..... Check your paperwork, does the window sticker / sales paperwork show the car as having "remainder of factory warranty"?

the dealership in Florida where I bought it
I think FL has a mediation program you can apply for to solve a dispute between you and the seller, if they do not help you.
Go to:
http://nefla.bbb.org/auto-line-lemon-law/

You have no claim with the infiniti dealership without at least some proof of the maintenance being performed.

...also it might help to post up the names of the selling dealership and the infiniti dealership.

if someone does their own oil changes? How do you produce those type of documents?
You need to save your receipts for the filter / oil and keep a log of the dates and mileage when you did it. So you can provide that to the dealership.

Last edited by redwillow; 10-28-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Some dealers are MOD friendly, others aren't. Gunn (I assume we're talking about Gunn) generally isn't.

Before I get into a pissing contest with a dealer that I'm likely going to lose anyway, I'd seek out another dealer and see what they tell you.

The dealer didn't VOID your warranty as the thread title states, they just refused to cover your maintenance. Your warranty is still in effect.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i h8 it when stuff like this happens...

Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
mods just give them an "excuse" to deny you any warranty repairs, hence why you gotta bring it in as close to stock as you can. im bout to put a motor in my car through extended warranty and imma put my stock intake and exhaust back on so i dont have no hassle.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Sooo. I just got my car back from Infiniti and I got a brand NEW short block for FREE.

I really want to thank everyone who responded. The engine was consuming oil, but I had to bring it to their attention before they offered to do a test.

So everything was free, and I have brand new engine.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nismo_skyline
Sooo. I just got my car back from Infiniti and I got a brand NEW short block for FREE.

I really want to thank everyone who responded. The engine was consuming oil, but I had to bring it to their attention before they offered to do a test.

So everything was free, and I have brand new engine.
Congratulations!

Thanks for the update.

What did you have to do? Did you just print out the TSB & hand it to them, or did you have to go through somebody else first? What kind of testing did they perform?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Same thing happened to me buddy, they said i had engine damage (car was stock) with 23K, still voided my warranty for no oil change receipts. I took it back to the use car dealership i bought it from, they fixed a seprate problem (oil leak), and said the engine was in mint condition, car drives perfect ever since the fix. Bottom line, dealerships suck. Best of luck man.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Good deal! I just got my new block a month ago.

Seems like the more popular dealerships that get a lot of business often hassle people about their cars when TSBs or warrenty work is involved. I had absolutely no issues with getting my block, thank God.

Glad it all worked out for you

Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hey, what's better than "GOOD NEWS?" Congratulations!!
Gary

Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Mine got voided after i added turbos

Old 01-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by brazilsoccer15
Mine got voided after i added turbos
There's a surprise

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just went to Infiniti Dealership VOIDED MY WARRANTY TOTALLY BS (help?)