The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just went to Infiniti Dealership VOIDED MY WARRANTY TOTALLY BS (help?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nismo_skyline
Sooo. I just got my car back from Infiniti and I got a brand NEW short block for FREE.

I really want to thank everyone who responded. The engine was consuming oil, but I had to bring it to their attention before they offered to do a test.

So everything was free, and I have brand new engine.
CONGRATS!! Please, let me know what dealership you dealt with as I plan to use them as an example since I'm facing the same thing. I took the car in for the oil consumption test and failed miserably. However, the dealership said the warranty was voided because of mods. They said the warranty is automatically void when the engine is modded. When I read to them from the warranty manual where it states that the mods have to cause the issue and that the Magnuson Moss act says so also, they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. They even acted like they didn't know oil consumption was an issue with these cars. They said they'd get back to me this past Monday after verifying their warranty manual. I just emailed them and hope to get a response today.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by nismo_skyline
Sooo. I just got my car back from Infiniti and I got a brand NEW short block for FREE.

I really want to thank everyone who responded. The engine was consuming oil, but I had to bring it to their attention before they offered to do a test.

So everything was free, and I have brand new engine.
LOL, so Infiniti KNEW your car was burning oil, but tucked it under the rug until YOU brought it up?

Infiniti, at your service!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have a shop make you fake oil change receipts... Will always pass.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
LOL, so Infiniti KNEW your car was burning oil, but tucked it under the rug until YOU brought it up?

Infiniti, at your service!
Are you going to post that on your blog too? Mr. G35suck

Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Banned
^ You gonna open a facebook account using ur cousins pic? LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
^ You gonna open a facebook account using ur cousins pic? LOL
You've mistaken me for the wrong person or making some stuff up.. Please show/tell me where you're getting that info from?

Here's my facebook; http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=629056000 add me and look at my pics.. Then I'll take pics of myself again with your name on a paper to verify its me.

here's your blog; http://g35suck.blogspot.com/

Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Banned
So you're the dude with the duck tale hair-cut? LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 AM
HUH?? You must be high as a kite spewing out random text.. rofl.

Its very humorous how you're trying to change the subject mr. g35suck. LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates? I know the warranty thing is BS.. but I come from several evo's and when you change an intake and exhaust it changes a thing called your air/fuel ratio.. ; )

Usually makes the car run a little more lean because its running more effiicient. Now this makes your car feel faster, but really its probably causing the car to detonate.. This is no good and causes damage to the engine.

Now I've been looking at some G/Z's for sale as I plan on buying an older used one and it seems that nobody thinks their cars need a thing called a tune.. Whether it be dyno tune or road tune, anything to get the air/fuel ratios better.

Especially when one car has every bolt-on(headers, no cats, cat-back, pleneum spacer, intake, etc) Granted I don't know a WHOLE lot about the 350 realm, but I can't imagine how this wouldn't dramatically alter the A/F ratio of the car's stock tune. Causing unwanted damage.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Evolved8
Any updates? I know the warranty thing is BS.. but I come from several evo's and when you change an intake and exhaust it changes a thing called your air/fuel ratio.. ; )

Usually makes the car run a little more lean because its running more effiicient. Now this makes your car feel faster, but really its probably causing the car to detonate.. This is no good and causes damage to the engine.

Now I've been looking at some G/Z's for sale as I plan on buying an older used one and it seems that nobody thinks their cars need a thing called a tune.. Whether it be dyno tune or road tune, anything to get the air/fuel ratios better.

Especially when one car has every bolt-on(headers, no cats, cat-back, pleneum spacer, intake, etc) Granted I don't know a WHOLE lot about the 350 realm, but I can't imagine how this wouldn't dramatically alter the A/F ratio of the car's stock tune. Causing unwanted damage.
Not sure how it's done on the G, but in my honda, the ECU can relearn everything and set things 'accordingly' (tune itself) after you install any new performance related parts like intake or header.

All we had to do was reset the ecu, let the car run on idle for 10-15 minutes and then shut it off. Making sure not to step on the gas or mess with anything while it relearns everything.