The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
prob true^, just didnt want to go through the hassle of removing them, hence why i included them. OP, if u decide that you want to fix the strut, PM me, and i will PP you the amount to fix it.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Just my .02 here.. but it doesn't matter what you wanted to include in the sale. You did mention in the for sale thread that the struts are included. It does not matter that you included them just because, you still said they are included in the sale. Hence, they should be in the condition you put them up for sale in.

You shipped a box with no packaging and it arrived destroyed. Why is that a such a surprise? These things are HEAVY and I would hope anyone with half a brain would realize that shipping these by themselves would easily put holes and destroy the box. I think you should cover the return shipping for the guy and give him back 100% of his money including shipping. You can always file a claim with the shipping company if you feel like you are entitled to something.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:05 PM
So u think I should cover the 50 it is to ship back? While I covered the extra thirty it was to ship in the first place since OP refused. OP,PM ME, and let me know what you want to do.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Project
Haha thats why i said to pm you and work it out.

@Johnny- Its not place place to bash seller since i didnt know the whole story so i just offered suggestions without the name lol. I know how these things usually turn out.
Understood but I linked this thread to Chris' sale thread and vice versa just so Chris could see what was going on. The buyer made a choice to publicly complain about a seller...I felt it was necessary to inform the seller...publicly lol.

Chris is a good dude and I wouldn't want his rep ruined...just sayin

Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yea Chris' parents own a restaurant in Los Angeles and I want to eat there for free sometime so I'm going to back up Chris.

Chris I LOVE YOU!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by socalwdup
Yea Chris' parents own a restaurant in Los Angeles and I want to eat there for free sometime so I'm going to back up Chris.

Chris I LOVE YOU!!!
Wow! Chris is getting the meat tonight.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
damn why is shipping costing so much. i shipped a muffler in a big box and only costed me $30 and this is from hawaii to mainland so cheaping should even be cheaper from state to state. btw damn thats a big freaking box in the first pic.. but yea seller is not very smart for shipping it like that

Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So some people think I should be ok with getting treated like sh*t and some people say I should get my money back.

First of all... I was not trying to ruin Chris's reputation. In fact I did not even mention his name until now since everyone else decided to mention his name. I created this thread to get a general understand of what is acceptable on the marketplace and what was not.

I might not have sold anything on here, but I have sold over 100 things on ebay, and when I quote a buyer shipping, and he/she pays for the them, I can not go back and tell them they have to pay more money. The transaction is finished and the item has to be shipped. If I mis-quoted the price then I have to ship anyway and take the loss as a seller. Not sure why it is different here.

Also, if the item is broken when it arrives, if I as a seller does not get insurance that it my fault, and if the buyer sends pictures showing the item is broken then I refund their money and do not expect them to take their valuable time and money to send broken items back to me. If part of the item is still useable then a partial refund is the right thing to do.

In this case, the shipping was misquoted, not my fault. The item was listed for sale as "Springs including the struts" and part of the item listed was broken in transit. Since I can use the springs but I can not use the struts then I think a partial refund should be paid.

When completing a business transaction the seller should be liable for all possible losses with the transaction. In no way should a buyer take a risk of loss money when purchasing a product from a seller. In this case its not the buyer that was responsible for damaged product during shipping or misquoting a price for shipping. Both of these are the sellers responsibility.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
seller included the shocks in the sale due to not wanting to deal with splitting them apart.

I would imagine the extra cost in shipping is the weight of the struts as well.

Seller (in this case) should refund the extra shipping cost due to not wanting to take the struts apart.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 03IPG
So some people think I should be ok with getting treated like sh*t and some people say I should get my money back.

First of all... I was not trying to ruin Chris's reputation. In fact I did not even mention his name until now since everyone else decided to mention his name. I created this thread to get a general understand of what is acceptable on the marketplace and what was not.

I might not have sold anything on here, but I have sold over 100 things on ebay, and when I quote a buyer shipping, and he/she pays for the them, I can not go back and tell them they have to pay more money. The transaction is finished and the item has to be shipped. If I mis-quoted the price then I have to ship anyway and take the loss as a seller. Not sure why it is different here.

Also, if the item is broken when it arrives, if I as a seller does not get insurance that it my fault, and if the buyer sends pictures showing the item is broken then I refund their money and do not expect them to take their valuable time and money to send broken items back to me. If part of the item is still useable then a partial refund is the right thing to do.

In this case, the shipping was misquoted, not my fault. The item was listed for sale as "Springs including the struts" and part of the item listed was broken in transit. Since I can use the springs but I can not use the struts then I think a partial refund should be paid.

When completing a business transaction the seller should be liable for all possible losses with the transaction. In no way should a buyer take a risk of loss money when purchasing a product from a seller. In this case its not the buyer that was responsible for damaged product during shipping or misquoting a price for shipping. Both of these are the sellers responsibility.
So what now, you want to sue Chris in small claims court for your time and some psychological damage as well?

Dude, stuff happens like the shipping cost being more than originally quoted like how Chris did. In this case, Chris should have warned you that shipping might be more and waited until you gave him the go.

I think you're being a bit stubborn and fighting over nothing.
Just push the bent pieces back, clean it up with some rubbing isotopic alcohol and install it.

Really, I'm not bashing on you or anything. I've never even met Chris or talked to him directly except asking him where his parent's restaurant was.

(Low key, I'm doing this to get free food too and I think you should say it's all good and say sorry for this thread and get a number 10 combo special on the house)

Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned
Oh wait maybe not because you live in Florida. But you know you got free food in LA. Who has THAT?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i saw these infront of my door i probably would also b upset too...

But then again if all you really need are the springs since you can use your stock struts, BE HAPPY THOSE WEREN'T MESSED UP! haha think positive and get off this negative vibe, u get to drop your ride look forward to that!

And if chris sells another bumper just ask him for a special discount or something and call it even :P

Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
I definitely would have been pist, no one should receive a package like that. I completely understand. I'm just upset because by you making this thread, your making me look like a joke, and that's not alright at all when I have been completely honest about everything.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Banned
Yea, Chris is the man.

I think you owe Chris here an apology when Chris was trying to be genuine and up front with everything and you (OP) are trying to start something

Old 11-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by socalwdup
Yea, Chris is the man.

I think you owe Chris here an apology when Chris was trying to be genuine and up front with everything and you (OP) are trying to start something
I think you need to get off chris's nuts. mmmkay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.