The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Rattling in 1st at take off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Ah...no that is not right. If it was the same engine it would put out the exact same hp/tq. Doesn't matter to me...I own a 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe purchased in the USA. Sorry but a Lexus is to a Toyota as an Infiniti is to a Nissan. I know these concepts can be hard for some to understand with all the different names, eh Jibbers. Unfortunately, looks like you won't be owning a Toyota..er Lexus IS 350 for a long time since your not selling your G. Sorry Kindaofast08 didn't mean to hijack your thread! Enjoy your car I enjoy mine!

Last edited by BlkCoupe; 12-18-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Well in that case I suggest you tell all the Lexus drivers that their driving Toyotas and while your at it tell all the Acura owners that their driving Honda's. Also, the cheapest Porsche would be a Boxter and nicely equiped that would cost you $67,000. There is a market for entry level luxury/sport coupes/sedans between Nissans and Porsches. As Kindaofast08 said it's top end to him and lots of others. Since your such a conniosseur of fine cars why are you driving a 2003 Nissan. Jibbers looks like you found a homie and by the way the engine in the 2011 Altima 3.5 SR is a VQ35DE but it puts out 270 hp while the first 2003 auto G35 put out 280. Not the same engine. The base price of the 2011 Altima 3.5 SR is $24,740. That's less than you think you can sell your soon to be 5 yr old Nissan.
Since your the knowledge bank of information I never said there was no market entry for anything, I said not top end. I agree with you there is an open market segment, but if you just said our cars are entry level cars in luxury coupes and sedans its not top end. Since the G coupes are actually Skylines and all build in Japan and then badged as Infiniti then shipped to the US, its a glorified Nissan. The VQ35DE Altima engine is the same G35 engine just tuned differently. Its a very popular Nissan motor. The Nissan Altima Coupe is a front wheel drive platform car not to be confused with the rear wheel G coupe. The two cars are actually completely different cars. The G coupe is part of the skyline family know as the V35 and yes the GTR is not the only skyline they actually make more models.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
There is no Infiniti in Japan. The car is a Nissan in Japan. It's basically a Nissan Altima Coupe. LOL Matter of fact, it has the same engine.
No as stated before the Altima Coupe is FF and the G is FR platform and as of right now you can't buy the Nissan Altima Coupe in Japan, they don't offer it, it was made to fill the low end coupe segment to compete against cars like the accord coupe since the g37 has become a more refined car.

Last edited by Golden_Shower; 12-19-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Ah...no that is not right. If it was the same engine it would put out the exact same hp/tq. Doesn't matter to me...I own a 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe purchased in the USA. Sorry but a Lexus is to a Toyota as an Infiniti is to a Nissan. I know these concepts can be hard for some to understand with all the different names, eh Jibbers. Unfortunately, looks like you won't be owning a Toyota..er Lexus IS 350 for a long time since your not selling your G. Sorry Kindaofast08 didn't mean to hijack your thread! Enjoy your car I enjoy mine!
We all know Toyota makes Lexus. What's your point? The difference is, Lexus "brand" is available in Japan as a "luxury" division.

And the G coupe and G sedan makes DIFFERENT HP yet is has the same motor. Not sure what you are talking about or trying to say.

The VQ35DE is used on several cars.

1) Nissan Altima
2) Nissan Quest
3) G35
4) 350z
5) Altima, etc etc.

Same motor.. Same bore and stroke.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Well Jibbers...at least the Lexus guys recognize quality wheels...no this is not a Photoshop. I'm done now.

Attached Thumbnails Rattling in 1st at take off-inf-lex-crop.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I would like to apologize to the forum for wasting the forums time with the meaningless posts above. Except my last one which I consider priceless it's right off the Lexus Club forum. I keep telling myself that I won't respond to such ridiculous, constant critical posts. But, there are times I just can't resist. As an original 2002 purchased G35 coupe owner I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the G's strong and weak points. I believe the G is a great car to drive and for their current selling prices available to alot of people who can now own one and appreciate them and from the number of people on this forum who have put thousand of $$$ in modding their G's to make them unique I'm not alone.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jibber whatever: Why are you talking bad about G35's on a G forum??? why dont you just go to japan ha ha

Old 12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
WTH does a Lexus owner putting on G wheels have to do with the G and the Altima, and Maxima sharing the same motor. LOL Dude is all over the place. What's next? You're going to talk about how the BMW is Made in Germany and that where Hitler is from?

KindofFast, what's your deal? I gave you a good reply in the very first page. Check your heatshield bolts. They maybe loose.

I too have acceleration rattles. But the sound is coming from the dash area.

And I am not talking "bad" about the G. It does have a Maxima motor. LOL

Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going in to get recalls fixed and I have read that the dealership will replace the exhaust if it is rattling. Has anyone else heard this or have knowledge about it?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
I have the acceleration rattles too. It happens every time I accelerate. Sounds like it's coming from the dash area. I'll have it looked at, at my next oil change. Oh yeah, the other response I get is, "turn the music up". LOL Yeah, that solves it...

Here is another helpful comment.
Car is burning oil. Forget replacing the motor, just add oil.

Car has abnormal tire wear, forget getting an alignment or replacing the worn parts, just get new tires.

Car gets horrible gas mileage. Who cares, we drive a very fast sports car. It has 1000hp and goes 0-60 in 3 seconds.

Window motor don't work. Who cares, open the sunroof.

Sunroof glass flew out. Who cares, replace it with saran wrap.

Seat rail cracked and seat is now rocking. Who cares. Apply JB weld and call it a day.

Just got a G35, what should I do? Get clear corners and drop it!
Lolzerz XD perfection