G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Scam Alert: CVR Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I wrote Adam's Rotors this last night:

Hello,

I placed an order with CVR Motorsports LLC in New York and wondering if you had recieved an order from them. I made the purchase on December 15, 2010 for your AR Street S/S/D rotors to replace the ones on my 2004 G35 Coupe NON-Brembo. I requested the red hub with silver rotor.

Why I am sending this email is to possibly cut the middle man out. I might need to order directly from you if they have failed to place the order. Here's the big question, from then until now have you recieved an order from them for this application?

I am concerned because I have discovered on my community forum that CVR Motorsports LLC has been "Banned" with many forum members suggesting fraud. Bottom line its been about 4 weeks and I still need rotors.

I am attempting to get intouch with CVR in the meantime. If what the forum has posted is true, I will need to get a refund.

Here's what I got back in response:

..."get a refund and then I'll take care of you directly...don't wanna go into it, but they are no longer. this in NO WAY is related to our company and I'm sorry for the trouble..."

I haven't got a response from CVR as expected. So it looks like I need to take this to the bank's fraud department...unfortunately for me this isn't the first time I need to use them. Last time some guy in Corona stiffed me on a carbon fiber hood. Good thing about my bank is they take care of their clients. Good luck to those out there working their refunds.

*Adam's Rotors has announced that you can contact them direct at adamsrotors@me.com for any of your braking needs. They would like to confirm that they are in NO way affiliated with CVR.

Last edited by kingdiamond; 01-11-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
cash flow issues... they are using customers $ to keep the business afloat.. if i were you, i would try to get some of the $$$ back before they go under..

they just used your $$$ to pay their monthly loan.. but their books are in red... kinda like a ponzi scheme.

good luck

Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Isn't your papal connected to your cc??
Yes but when you get refunded the money goes into your paypal account.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
wow sorry about your luck but seems like this happens way to often hopefully u get your money back

Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 AM
so i think i'm screwed. but i aint stopping until those ****** are are offline. while their web page is still up, people are still getting scammed.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Massios
I ordered sometime before or after SEMA, and he told me the credit fraud happened during SEMA. Didn't sound like he lied to me over the phone. He instantly refunded me.
thanks for the reply mate.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 AM
^ i thought so, but i was wrong.

I have a Debit Mastercard facility on my savings account. Its like having 2 accounts in one. both are listed in PayPal, but i didnt have it set up correctly.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 AM
i emailed and got a reply from Adam's Rotors:

trust me oliver...I'm all over it.
notice my site has no trace of CVR?
they owe me good money too...it's a real shame.
I trusted them and bent over backwards with our efforts in the import market, we were breaking ground...what a mess

I would appreciate you letting your community know they are in NO way affiliated with AR, nor are any of the issues they are having if it in any way pertains to an adam's rotors order.
...and to please have them contact me direct for any of their braking needs.
I can help anyone with any car or truck for rotors/pads/lines.

thanks for the concern.
-a
I asked him for more info:
Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I'll post your reply on all the car forums that I've started discussions on.

One thing though: can you tell me what happened to CVR? If you tell me I promise I won't reveal where I got the info from. A lot of people have lost a lot of money and I think they deserve some answers.

Sincerely,
his reply, at like 1am:

no
the man doesnt mince his words. then, an hour later, i got an email from Mark @ CVR..

Hey, Sorry for replying so late, But i spoke with Chris and hes sending a payment next week. We didnt forget about you!
whatevs

Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Massios
Yes but when you get refunded the money goes into your paypal account.
If the money was withdrawn from your CC account and you are refunded, PP automatically deposits it into that CC account.

PP does not put it into your paypal account, unless you have a negative balance. Otherwise, it will go back to the CC.

If the source fund was your paypal balance, that money will be returned back to your paypal balance.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Contact the BBB in his local area. Call your credit card company. Call paypal and tell them you have documentation that shows you were scammed.
Shoot, call everyone.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
So here's the update guys...

Spoke to the bank's fraud department and let them know of the whole "CVR scheme". They are opening a dispute with them. They have credited my account for the meantime. The process can take up to 90 days investigating and what not...so let's hope that they can help shut down their scheming operation to keep other G35Driver forum members and other fellow forum members from getting bamboozled.

Pass it on to your buds and next door wrench monkeys to steer clear from this disaster!

Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune hope CVR goes down sooner than later. Thanks for the heads up op and keep us posted. This is precisely the reason I try and deal locally and or pick things up because Im afraid of these situations..

Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Damn, That sucks Bro. I would have tried to file a police report or something. Hope you get your money back.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:50 AM
seems like they were pretty legit.. Back then

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-s...torsports.html