The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

V35 skyline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I guess it's up to the person. I tell people i drive a Nissan Skyline. I re-badge my car. That's what it is in Japan.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I guess it's up to the person. I tell people i drive a Nissan Skyline. I re-badge my car. That's what it is in Japan.
After you tell them it's a skyline do they give you a cookie?

Old 12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by poi-san
After you tell them it's a skyline do they give you a cookie?
omg your soo funny, only 5 posts and your making jokes ! Fvcking Dec 08s .....

Old 12-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by jutn35
OMG you have 3,000 post's you get a cookie too

Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sounds like he likes to make his posts count

He's been a member for 2 years, what does his post count have to do anything??

Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

contributed nothing so far , poi san wheres my damn cookie

Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
The only Skylines that matter are the GT-R Skylines (or GTS-R for the R31). From the C-10s in the late 60s to the last of the R-series before the current "Nissan GT-R" we have in the states (finally). The 350GT may be called a Skyline, but very different leagues. If you own any of the Skylines in the previous "R" series and it's not a GT-R you probably don't talk about it (you don't see people bragging about their R32 GXi Type-X with the 91hp CA18i do you?). It's a lot like having the base model Lancer and bragging about your p.o.s. like it's an Evo.

Likewise, we don't have one of the "good" Skylines regardless of what you want to tell yourself.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by poi-san
OMG you have 3,000 post's you get a cookie too

Originally Posted by Blue Dream

+1

contributed nothing so far , poi san wheres my damn cookie
What have you contributed?

Originally Posted by Leksikon
The only Skylines that matter are the GT-R Skylines (or GTS-R for the R31). From the C-10s in the late 60s to the last of the R-series before the current "Nissan GT-R" we have in the states (finally). The 350GT may be called a Skyline, but very different leagues. If you own any of the Skylines in the previous "R" series and it's not a GT-R you probably don't talk about it (you don't see people bragging about their R32 GXi Type-X with the 91hp CA18i do you?). It's a lot like having the base model Lancer and bragging about your p.o.s. like it's an Evo.

Likewise, we don't have one of the "good" Skylines regardless of what you want to tell yourself.
Truth. Any G35 drivers claiming the Skyline name are only kidding themselves. It's not like the V35 is part of the Skyline legacy (the GT-R Skylines).

Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
ALL of our G35s/Skylines were made where ? Tochigi Japan , known as where the SKYLINE Plant is located were the 1960s/70s C-10s up to R31,32,33,34,35 V35 and so on have been made, im my opinion its a SKYLINE

If you look at our metal badge in our engine bay, it will say made in JAPAN, NISSAN MOTOR CO. NOT INFINITI MOTORS.

i just think some people are in denial that INFINITI is owned by NISSAN. I call it both really G35 skylien w.e but in the end its a car

I don't think a SINGLE person has denied that here. I'm sure every single member of this forum knows they drive a car made by nissan. None, of us care! We know there is nothing wrong with that!

At the same time we also know how stupid you look by trying to proclaim you drive a skyline when most people in the states will have no idea WTH you are talking about. As mentioned, THE V35 IS NOTHING LIKE THE R34!!!! It makes it look like you are trying to pretend you have skyline hertiage when you really don't.

They should have just call the 350gt the 350gt and left the skyline name to the R35. Would make for a lot less confusion.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
If you think I'm a tool because I've fallen for Nissan's luxury brand scheme, you're just as much of a tool for falling for Nissan's Skyline scheme. They named it so because they knew people would get the car for the name...even though it has no resemblance to the legendary GT-R Skylines.

I'm not talking to anyone specific when I say, "you."

Old 12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes it was a dealer package and yes it was marked up. Almost 2 g's if I remember correctly. But that doesn't mean I payed for it. I was working at a dealership at the time and had some hook ups. Needless to say I got a good deal on the car. I guess my only complaints have been my head unit going bad twice and my gas gauge not being accurate. The gas gauge was an easy DIY thanks to a forum member though.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
OMG! We do drive skylines! In Japan Nissan Skyline is it. There are no more R34. Except of the older models. I seen it in Japan. When i came back to the U.S., Now i see Infiniti G35's all around. Did you know that the Acura RL in the U.S. is the Honda Legend in japan? Just like the Acura TL is the Honda Inspire in Japan. Why don't we call the RL Legends anymore? 1995 was the last year the U.S. called that a Legend and called it RL. The G's are the Skyline and that what's sitting at the dealers in Japan.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by Stefnopolis
I just wanna make one thing clear because im tired of having this arguement.
The Infiniti g35 is a Nissan Skyline!!!! Every other country got the same car (some with minor differences) that we got here in the U.S. except that since Nissan was trying to compete with higher end companies, they created Infiniti and imported their nissan models here as Infiniti. The nissan skyline was DE BADGED and then badged as G35 for the American population. Here is a good quote.. "Beginning with its third generation (V35), the Infiniti G have been rebadged versions of the Nissan Skyline line of sedans and coupes that were exported to the United States and Canada."-wikipedia. Im tired of listening to ignorant bashers that dont even own a V35 complain and whine without doing any research. READ THE QUOTE... RE-BADGED!!! It should be pretty clear by now that my car sais SKYLINE on it and im pleased to have the BADGE for what it truly is.(which by the way Infiniti in Tustin Re-badged the car to skyline when originally purchased)
tell us why you're mad

Unless you have a LHD Skyline its an INFINITI G35. Even if you swapped everything to JDM spec, unless your steering wheel is on the left any enthusiast will know it's just a rebadged G35. Yes, we all know very well what it is at heart but in the US of A it is a INFINITI G35. You are not in Japan, Europe, etc. Don't use the legacy of the name Skyline fool you into believing you own a legend.

Funny thing is, people in Europe, Japan, etc, rebadge their car to INFINITI G35s lol. Meh

Old 12-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If the G35 had an R32-35 or V38DETT motor. Than we can talk "Skyline".

But instead, we have the same motor as a Nissan Maxima. lol

To the OP, what would you say about People debadging their EX to a Nissan Skyline?

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 12-26-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
wow, a lot of people getting pretty passionate about a subject they know very little about.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V35 skyline