The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

New Black Roof! and Intec racing GTG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
New Black Roof! and Intec racing GTG

Well long story short, got a bluebat's overlay and the plan was to install it myself. But I got a bit scared and decided to talk to Wu from Wu Wraps who's local. So went down the other day and had Wu help me install my roof wrap. For future advice for anyone looking to do this, Wu is a huge help and a great guy he also has all the materials local. The wrap I got from bluebat was inexpensive but not the best stuff since it didn't have air release. Worth spending a very tiny bit more money for air release stuff. Now Im not knocking on bluebats stuff because it did turn out great, was cheap, and he was quick to ship it, just more difficult to work with and not the highest quality stuff you can get. But ya get what you pay for... Personally if I were to do it again I would just go to Wu, use his material, and have him do it. If your looking just for cheapest price bluebats stuff will work just fine it would just be really hard to get it looking great without a professionals help like i did. Anyway here are some pictures of the wrap, enjoy!

Here's the link to Wu's wraps facebook, definitely hit him up if your in the area. Does really good work!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbon...39631992716950

Before

After (at intec racing watching an Osiris tune be done on the dyno... sold me on the tune!)

Last edited by das stig; 02-19-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Looks better w/o the overlays and black roof.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Those aren't overlays, The insides are painted black....

Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
i tried to do bluebats overlay in the texas sun and got raped it dried so fast but it was my first time the taillight overlays are very nice plus i used a clothing steamer to keep it moist...wait for it

Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Still, look at the headlights next to yours, just looks cleaner to me.

BUT his black tails are hideous. lol wtf.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks good.....

Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front : Car on the right looks better
Rear : Car on the left (OP's)
/thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
I'm a big fan of the painted housing (duh) I think opinions would change if you two swapped grills...Drew with the chrome housings with the chrome grill, and your with the Blacked housings/black grill would be schweeet

(and if opinions don't change...meh on em)

Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I like it, and that's what matters. Everyone has their own opinion on what they likeor else we'd all modify our cars the exact same way which would be really boring. Thanks for the comments, just thought you guys would enjoy seein some pictures

Main reason for posting this is for people to see if they like it give them good info on who to go to, and some advice. Or people who where gong to do it, but decided they don't like it... Just trying to save y'all some money, time, and frustration

Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love white cars with black roofs!!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by das stig
Well long story short, got a bluebat's overlay and the plan was to install it myself. But I got a bit scared and decided to talk to Wu from Wu Wraps who's local. So went down the other day and had Wu help me install my roof wrap. For future advice for anyone looking to do this, Wu is a huge help and a great guy he also has all the materials local. The wrap I got from bluebat was inexpensive but not the best stuff since it didn't have air release. Worth spending a very tiny bit more money for air release stuff. Now Im not knocking on bluebats stuff because it did turn out great, was cheap, and he was quick to ship it, just more difficult to work with and not the highest quality stuff you can get. But ya get what you pay for... Personally if I were to do it again I would just go to Wu, use his material, and have him do it. If your looking just for cheapest price bluebats stuff will work just fine it would just be really hard to get it looking great without a professionals help like i did. Anyway here are some pictures of the wrap, enjoy!

Here's the link to Wu's wraps facebook, definitely hit him up if your in the area. Does really good work!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbon...39631992716950

Before

After (at intec racing watching an Osiris tune be done on the dyno... sold me on the tune!)

Looks great! Can you get some higher shots looking down? btw, I've been using this vinyl for quite a few years now with great success. The newer stuff available is air release and dry application. In fact, the CF Wrap I use is air release .

B@t™

Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Love the car!

from left to right, i like the 2nd IP with the matte black accents. I think he needs to do a matte roof tho, then it would look even better

Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i want to doooooo thisss!~

looks great

Old 02-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Like he posted, "He likes it!" That's what's important since he has to drive and be seen in it. I like the way Bats overlay looks in the pic....good job!
Gary

Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 AM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdriver90
Love the car!

from left to right, i like the 2nd IP with the matte black accents. I think he needs to do a matte roof tho, then it would look even better
Meh that one is "ok" ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Black Roof! and Intec racing GTG