The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 Pros & Cons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha I know right? I have no idea where he found that!! That is a GREAT link for me! Thank you for showing me that, I'll send that to him, maybe he will re consider!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks wrath! That helps me a ton! I'll definitely list that off to him! Good factual data is great!!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Oh, and I'm also checking out some Audi S4. Pretty nice little car! opinions?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If I can turn back time, I would have gotten a TL Type S or a IS-350.

No more Infiniti / Nissan for me.

If you want to spend more quality time with your dad, get the G35. If you want to be on the road and away from the Garage shops fixing every "little" "normal" problem this car has, get anything else.

Anyways good luck.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 03-24-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
If I can turn back time, I would have gotten a TL Type S or a IS-350.

No more Infiniti / Nissan for me.

If you want to spend more quality time with your dad, get the G35. If you want to be on the road and away from the Garage shops fixing every "little" "normal" problem this car has, get anything else.

Anyways good luck.
really? Un-happy with your G huh? And thats a good way of putting it, I do not want to be spending all my time in the garage trying to fix petty little things, I don't have a problem doing so, but I prefer not to! The Lexus looks like a pretty nice car, are they available for around 20g?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It was pretty easy to sell my dad on my G35 as he has a G37 sedan now and used to have an 07 G35 sedan that has been passed down to my brother. It also helped that he only had to loan me $1000 . Anyway, pros and cons:

Pros:
Good Looks
Decent Performance
Other than 2 little things (window motor dying, rear endlinks being replaced), it hasn't given me any problems.
Seats are the most comfortable I've sat in other than an EVO X
Exhaust note

Cons:
Gas Mileage (There is almost no way to get roughly what the EPA estimates are, even when driving like grandma)
Interior could be nicer (I have an 04, the 05+ have a nicer interior so I can't comment on those)
Get some rattles sometimes on bumpy roads
I have a 5AT, but some members have said that the 6MT is sometimes difficult to operate smoothly.
Wears through brakes pretty quickly

I love mine though

Old 03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it depends what you are wanting. Why not save a bit more and look at a used 370z if you are looking for a sportscar. I know someone else in another forum compared the 2 as the Z being a drivers car and the G being a touring car and I think it's a fair description. While I love my G, it is a heavy car that has beautiful lines.

If you get a 6mt(like I have), the big issues you'll come across are synchro issues with the trans, a high engagement point on hw clutch which isnt bad once you get used to it and sometimes the clutch will make a clicking noise.

It's funny, I was actually looking for a fun little car that got good gas mileage and was considering the GTI or R32 instead of my G but I just can't get past how nice she looks

Old 03-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd say go with an R32 over the G35 or the GTI. The power band is amazing, it's got plenty of utility with the hatch, it's got AWD so you never have to worry about weather conditions and you can take it snowboarding, the interior is a thousand times better than the G35 coupes and the pre-07 G35 sedans, and it's got a lot of luxury features as well. The leather is better than in the Infiniti, plus, you get the DSG as well. The R32s are very reliable, as are the MKV platform GTIs. The MKIV VWs had a plethora of issues, and even those were narrowed down to 99-01 VR6 models, and most of them were bad coils and bad window regulators. The MKV and newer VWs are a different car. The only thing the G35 has on the R32 is the looks, and those are subjective. I've owned 2 R32s, 1 G35, and now have a G37, and I can tell you, by far, the R32 is a "better" every day car. If I could find a low mileage MKIV or MKV R, I'd get one right now.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My quick pro and con

Pros: sexy, ladies love it, haven't ever heard anyone say the g35 is an ugly car

Cons: some interior issues, some motor issues.

But what, it's still a g35. It's sexy.

The end.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Stay away from the s4 unless you like spending insane $ on stupid things like every fluid. They are cool, but lumbering and lose favor for me because of their obnoxious German over-engineering.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob.On.Whidbey
As for the chick magnet - I don't put a lot of value in a chick that likes me for my car. Never have. I drive what I like and let the cards fall where they may.
Bob, we're probably of similar age, but I can remember that when I was concerned about a car being attractive to chicks, I wasn't yet looking for one that was a keeper. A chick, I mean.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 AM
I test drove an 04 Infiniti G35 coupe today. Super fast car, put me back in my seat. It rattled and shaked a lot inside though. and I wasn't very comfortable in it. Then I drove an R32 (2008) with 18k miles, and wow, super fun to drive! Not as Quick as the G35, but I fit in it very well, lots of room, lots of power, just all around, fun car!

Old 03-25-2011, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by djleopard
I test drove an 04 Infiniti G35 coupe today. Super fast car, put me back in my seat. It rattled and shaked a lot inside though. and I wasn't very comfortable in it. Then I drove an R32 (2008) with 18k miles, and wow, super fun to drive! Not as Quick as the G35, but I fit in it very well, lots of room, lots of power, just all around, fun car!
Get the R!!!

Here are the two that I had

Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
man I had a TON of fun in the R. Your R32s are really nice man I like them! The one I drove was #4091 haha! It was blue, 18k miles as a I said before. Do you have to spend a lot of money to make them faster/modded, or do they take well to boltons etc. Cause the R32 was fast, but you could tell the G35 was a little faster. not much though stock v stock.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by djleopard
man I had a TON of fun in the R. Your R32s are really nice man I like them! The one I drove was #4091 haha! It was blue, 18k miles as a I said before. Do you have to spend a lot of money to make them faster/modded, or do they take well to boltons etc. Cause the R32 was fast, but you could tell the G35 was a little faster. not much though stock v stock.
The R32 might actually be faster to 60, but the G35 is definitely faster as the speeds increase. On the track, I'd have to say the G would probably be faster, but the R would definitely be easier to drive and is a lot more forgiving. Brakes on the R are a lot better too, with better feel, less fade, and the R feels more stable under heavy braking as well.

Bolt ons for the R32 are about the same price as the quality stuff for the G. $300 for an intake, $1000-3500 for an exhaust depending on what you want, $500-1000 for a tune, Haldex upgrade is also about a grand, and now you can also get the DSG reflashed to have it launch at 4500rpm instead of 3k. Aside from those things, not much more you can do other than spending 10k on a turbo kit, but with that you'll be putting down 400whp at a minimum.

The thing is, you can do the flapper mod (free) and that is all you'll really need. The car is perfect the way it came from the factory. You also already said you did not fit in the G very well. I had issues with my G35 with that as well, and it's a bit better in my G37, but not by much. The R is a very spacious car. Plus, the interior is a lot nicer on the R, and it has a few more luxury features.

Gas mileage sucks on both though. The best I could muster with both of my Rs was about 24mpg, and that was mixed driving. I was getting about 22mpg with my G35. My G37 surprisingly is getting about 24-26 right now with same type of driving.

Go with the R man, it's a car you can use 24/7/365.

PS....if you're gonna mod the R, get either the NeuSpeed or SuperSpring exhaust (if you can deal with the noise levels) and call it a day. The sound is pure sex and you will not find a car under 100k that sounds better.

Last edited by thatoneguy; 03-25-2011 at 04:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Pros & Cons