The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 Pros & Cons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, I have yet to drive a newer Infiniti, I've test drove a 04 and 05. But I want to drive an 06 07. and hahaha what decision would you make thatoneguy?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by djleopard
well, I have yet to drive a newer Infiniti, I've test drove a 04 and 05. But I want to drive an 06 07. and hahaha what decision would you make thatoneguy?
There will not be a significant difference between 04/05 and the 06/07s, except for some minor interior improvements. I had an 07 G35 coupe, and I can tell you right now, the R is a much nicer place to spend your time. The interior on the G35 coupes looks like it belongs in a car made in the late 90s, not something that had a run until 2007 and cost over 35k. If this is going to be your only car, practicality should play a big role in deciding. The R32 has a better seating position, better visibility, offers more room both for the front and rear occupants, has more cargo capacity, can be driven in any weather condition, and offers the convenience of having a dual clutch gear box, so you can throw it in D when you wanna cruise, or you can fire off precise up and down shifts using the paddle shifters in 2/10ths of a second. It has enough power to get you in trouble, has the security of the AWD, and it has awesome brakes. It also has some nice luxury car features, like heated, auto on/off headlights, auto windshield wipers, self-leveling HID lights, and that awesome flat bottom steering wheel. It literally might be the perfect car lol If it was my money, I'd go for the R....again....but ultimately, it is up to you, and it's your dime. Take some extended test drives, but look at all aspects of both vehicles.

For comparison purposes

Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
There will not be a significant difference between 04/05 and the 06/07s, except for some minor interior improvements. I had an 07 G35 coupe, and I can tell you right now, the R is a much nicer place to spend your time. The interior on the G35 coupes looks like it belongs in a car made in the late 90s, not something that had a run until 2007 and cost over 35k. If this is going to be your only car, practicality should play a big role in deciding. The R32 has a better seating position, better visibility, offers more room both for the front and rear occupants, has more cargo capacity, can be driven in any weather condition, and offers the convenience of having a dual clutch gear box, so you can throw it in D when you wanna cruise, or you can fire off precise up and down shifts using the paddle shifters in 2/10ths of a second. It has enough power to get you in trouble, has the security of the AWD, and it has awesome brakes. It also has some nice luxury car features, like heated, auto on/off headlights, auto windshield wipers, self-leveling HID lights, and that awesome flat bottom steering wheel. It literally might be the perfect car lol If it was my money, I'd go for the R....again....but ultimately, it is up to you, and it's your dime. Take some extended test drives, but look at all aspects of both vehicles.
I definitely will thanks! All around the R is a great car no doubt! This will be my only car! Over on the VWvortext forums, some guys are telling me to check out the Audi 1.8t 2.0t if I have the mod bug, which I kind of do have the mod bug :P

Old 03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I definitely will thanks! All around the R is a great car no doubt! This will be my only car! Over on the VWvortext forums, some guys are telling me to check out the Audi 1.8t 2.0t if I have the mod bug, which I kind of do have the mod bug :P
If you drive them both side by side, you will go with the R no doubt, and I'm willing to put money on that. The 3.2L VR6 is a gem of an engine, and the powerband on it is incredible. The car just drives worlds different and has "soul" to it that the Audis do not have. Not to mention the exhaust sound is amazing on the R. I would go with a narrow angle V6 over a tiny turbo 4 any day. Plus, to get big power out of those little 4 cylinders, you're still gonna be shelling out 5k for a big turbo kit plus another 2k in supporting mods, so might as well get something that has the means of putting power to the ground if you decide to go bonkers with mods later.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:57 PM
If you drive them both side by side, you will go with the R no doubt, and I'm willing to put money on that. The 3.2L VR6 is a gem of an engine, and the powerband on it is incredible. The car just drives worlds different and has "soul" to it that the Audis do not have. Not to mention the exhaust sound is amazing on the R. I would go with a narrow angle V6 over a tiny turbo 4 any day. Plus, to get big power out of those little 4 cylinders, you're still gonna be shelling out 5k for a big turbo kit plus another 2k in supporting mods, so might as well get something that has the means of putting power to the ground if you decide to go bonkers with mods later.
so the R has a lot of potential in it if you get crazy with mods huh? How crazy is crazy? haha what could about 6 grand get me?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His girlfriend says he doesn't know how to drive a stick that well. I'm not NASCAR material or anything but I'm pretty confident in my driving abilities. Oh well, he can keep thinkin all he wants, ain't gonna hurt my feelings.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by jake227
^^^His girlfriend says he doesn't know how to drive a stick that well. I'm not NASCAR material or anything but I'm pretty confident in my driving abilities. Oh well, he can keep thinkin all he wants, ain't gonna hurt my feelings.
uhhhhh what

Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhhhhh what
Responding to That One Guys post:

"Unless he can really drive, and you really suck at driving, you should **** all over the RX8. And after you do, he will go on and brag about how he has a low center of gravity, and usable back seats, and how his car handles like it's on rails."

It just took me a while cuz I had to run away from my desk for a bit.....my bad....I'm really not crazy

Old 03-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Responding to That One Guys post:

"Unless he can really drive, and you really suck at driving, you should **** all over the RX8. And after you do, he will go on and brag about how he has a low center of gravity, and usable back seats, and how his car handles like it's on rails."

It just took me a while cuz I had to run away from my desk for a bit.....my bad....I'm really not crazy
hahaha nice nice!!

Here is one I'm looking at right now
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
His girlfriend says he doesn't know how to drive a stick that well. I'm not NASCAR material or anything but I'm pretty confident in my driving abilities. Oh well, he can keep thinkin all he wants, ain't gonna hurt my feelings.
lol

so the R has a lot of potential in it if you get crazy with mods huh? How crazy is crazy? haha what could about 6 grand get me?
I'm gonna say you and I have different views on modding.

For 6k, you can most likely get a C2 Stage 1 kit that will do about 330whp, which would give you about 400hp at the crank. If you really wanna go fast in a car, like I said, invest in some good tires, brake pads, rotors, and get some seat time in at a local auto-x or HPDE. It's a blast. Then when you get a good feel as to how well your stock R32 handles, you can then invest in some sway bars, and maybe a Haldex upgrade and see where you go from there. Even with those mods on there, you should have about 4 grand left. If you care about going fast in a straight line, the G35 and the R32 are the wrong cars for you my friend.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:25 PM
hahaha nice nice!!

Here is one I'm looking at right now
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
That's a scam. 08 R32s with 25k+ miles are in the mid 20s right now.

EDIT: actually, that is a salvage title, so it's not a scam. The seller is an ******* though, saying he only had to replace the front grill. Cars don't get salvaged out for having a broken grill.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
That's a scam. 08 R32s with 25k+ miles are in the mid 20s right now.

EDIT: actually, that is a salvage title, so it's not a scam. The seller is an ******* though, saying he only had to replace the front grill. Cars don't get salvaged out for having a broken grill.
haha thats very true! good eye

Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
lol

I'm gonna say you and I have different views on modding.

For 6k, you can most likely get a C2 Stage 1 kit that will do about 330whp, which would give you about 400hp at the crank. If you really wanna go fast in a car, like I said, invest in some good tires, brake pads, rotors, and get some seat time in at a local auto-x or HPDE. It's a blast. Then when you get a good feel as to how well your stock R32 handles, you can then invest in some sway bars, and maybe a Haldex upgrade and see where you go from there. Even with those mods on there, you should have about 4 grand left. If you care about going fast in a straight line, the G35 and the R32 are the wrong cars for you my friend.
hm possibly! And dang, thats pretty cheap to get the VW up to that much whp. : O ... I think it's the type of car I want to use as my DD cause of the DSG, and its also a car I think would be fun to take to the tracks with my dad and have a good time. So no, not necesarily going fast in a straight line, but still keeping up with others at stoplights on occasion :P (we all know it happens!) haha! I can't blieve after all those mods you listed i'd still have about 4 grand left, and it would put the car up to 330whp. thats crazy dude, but I like the sound of that!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:47 PM
hm possibly! And dang, thats pretty cheap to get the VW up to that much whp. : O ... I think it's the type of car I want to use as my DD cause of the DSG, and its also a car I think would be fun to take to the tracks with my dad and have a good time. So no, not necesarily going fast in a straight line, but still keeping up with others at stoplights on occasion :P (we all know it happens!) haha! I can't blieve after all those mods you listed i'd still have about 4 grand left, and it would put the car up to 330whp. thats crazy dude, but I like the sound of that!
lol no, the C2 kit is about 6k, so you would be out of money at that point (that is not including install). What I'm saying I would do if I were you, I'd spend about 2k sways and Haldex upgrade and hit up a couple of HPDE. With that you'd have about 4k left. And street racing, in my opinion, is not worth the risk, even in short bursts from light to light. Trust me, once you hit up a race track, you will not want to drive fast on the street at all. Nothing will compare.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 PM
lol no, the C2 kit is about 6k, so you would be out of money at that point (that is not including install). What I'm saying I would do if I were you, I'd spend about 2k sways and Haldex upgrade and hit up a couple of HPDE. With that you'd have about 4k left. And street racing, in my opinion, is not worth the risk, even in short bursts from light to light. Trust me, once you hit up a race track, you will not want to drive fast on the street at all. Nothing will compare.
Ohhh dang. haha okay so that wouldn't be until a little later that I would get that C2! :P But I agree with you, those little upgrades will help a lot with the overall performance of the car!! And yeah I guess thats true. Unless you live in BFE like i do!! haha =o. Hopefully can find the perfect R soon and have fun on the tracks! Never been to the tracks before :O

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Pros & Cons