The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just Bought Myself This Rebuild Project! Who did this car used to belong to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
nice

Rear damage are pretty easy with G coupes. There aint much parts there, but some of them could cost some serious cash.

Good luck with repair.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ Thanks joker. I am not going to deny it, I am spending a bit more then i initially expected to. I've been looking around everywhere i can trying to find used parts and not going to the stealership

Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Condition
^^^ Thanks joker. I am not going to deny it, I am spending a bit more then i initially expected to. I've been looking around everywhere i can trying to find used parts and not going to the stealership
Same thing here man.

I just got done with mine after a serious T-Bone accident. I had a body shop do all the body work and paint, but did all the tare down and assembly my self.

One thing is nice about rebuilding a G is that it shares allot of parts with 350Z and there is a **** load of them wrecked at the junk yards.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
nice seeing a G getting resurrected

Old 05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
in to see how this comes out

Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Stan, I can't find that info(wheels) we talked about. A lot of members here recommend Rite-Way, in Walnut Creek, but that is a long drive. I am going to ask some of the guys from TNT and see if they know of a place local.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
haha i think you bought some parts off of me

Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you check the car for frame damage ? It looks like a rear hit with considerable secondary damage . Was the car hit on the sides . It is possible the whole frame has been pushed forward cuz it looks like both creases on each quarter panel is in the same location . Cant really tell frm pics . The rear suspension member gotta be off .Which airbags deployed ? Also what state do you live in ? Some states are very strict with salvaged cars which make costs go up on buying new parts . Good luck on the build .If you have any questions feel free . I went through a similar rebuild with worse cosmetic damage but not bad suspension member .

Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 AM
^^^Yes I did check the car for frame damage and it seems to be totally fine, even the rear subframe doesn't need to be replaced. On the right side all I had to do was just replace the spring mount and on the left side i needed pretty much an entire new suspension that goes behind that wheel. Only the curtain and the seat airbags deployed on both sides. (I'm still looking for the seat airbags) My main concern is just fixing one of the wheels/replacing it so if you know anywhere where I could get a good deal let me know please.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by lsmooth81
Stan, I can't find that info(wheels) we talked about. A lot of members here recommend Rite-Way, in Walnut Creek, but that is a long drive. I am going to ask some of the guys from TNT and see if they know of a place local.
Lou I appreciate the effort and thanks again for hooking me up with the side skirts. Just see what the guys from TNT say and let me know.
Originally Posted by Yarik.G35
haha i think you bought some parts off of me
Yarik I'm glad you finally got around to checking my thread lol. I appreciate you hooking me up with some good deals on the parts also. All the major parts I needed came from you!!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 AM
^^^Yes I did check the car for frame damage and it seems to be totally fine, even the rear subframe doesn't need to be replaced. On the right side all I had to do was just replace the spring mount and on the left side i needed pretty much an entire new suspension that goes behind that wheel. Only the curtain and the seat airbags deployed on both sides. (I'm still looking for the seat airbags) My main concern is just fixing one of the wheels/replacing it so if you know anywhere where I could get a good deal let me know please.
I have a brand new still in original packaging from the dealer seat airbag if you need . In Ny i had to use all brand new parts for the salvaged vehicle examination . I ended up not using the airbag though .You also must replace the air bag module and satalite sensor if you didnt know . When a airbag deploys they will no longer work and wont be able to reset the system . If you are sure theres no frame damage or suspension/driveshaft alignment problems it should be a fun project . Are you gonna change the color ? Heres the link to my rebuild thread . Wow just noticed its up to 65k views

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...post-pics.html

Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I did some research and it turns out that the memory seats or the intelligent key didn't come out until the 06. I believe heated seats came standard on the 05 coupes.
Not true man, My 04 has memory driver seat. And Heated seats came with my G as well. It has the premium package though. Bose and all.

Definantly a nice catch though. 6200 a TAD pricey, but if you can keep the repair costs low... AKA- DIY!.. then this is a GREAT deal.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
Not true man, My 04 has memory driver seat. And Heated seats came with my G as well. It has the premium package though. Bose and all.

Definantly a nice catch though. 6200 a TAD pricey, but if you can keep the repair costs low... AKA- DIY!.. then this is a GREAT deal.
03/04 did not come on any package that i know . It is possible its custom . You have the buttons on the bottom seat trim by the door with number settings for different drivers .iv never seen or heard of it before on any 04 . Got a pic ,i would love to see it so i know it exists . The seat heaters is not standard but most g's have it from 03+ . Iv seen a lot that dont though . Usually the ones with cloth seats dont have it .

Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by the04coupe
03/04 did not come on any package that i know . It is possible its custom . You have the buttons on the bottom seat trim by the door with number settings for different drivers .iv never seen or heard of it before on any 04 . Got a pic ,i would love to see it so i know it exists . The seat heaters is not standard but most g's have it from 03+ . Iv seen a lot that dont though . Usually the ones with cloth seats dont have it .
You are probably right. I honestly dont know if there are the buttons, my dad's XLR has the different buttons, so I know what it looks like. I just know my seat automatically adjusts itself lol... So it does remember where it was, so it has a memory lol. Thats why I mentioned memory seats. I honestly didnt know until you posted that G's even came with cloth seats...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by the04coupe
I have a brand new still in original packaging from the dealer seat airbag if you need . In Ny i had to use all brand new parts for the salvaged vehicle examination . I ended up not using the airbag though .You also must replace the air bag module and satalite sensor if you didnt know . When a airbag deploys they will no longer work and wont be able to reset the system . If you are sure theres no frame damage or suspension/driveshaft alignment problems it should be a fun project . Are you gonna change the color ? Heres the link to my rebuild thread . Wow just noticed its up to 65k views

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...post-pics.html
Wow that's one impressive car you got there, you really turned that car around!! Your damage wasn't bad either man. I knew that i had to fix/replace the airbag modules but I didn't know anything about the satellite sensor. I would like to change the color since I have to repaint the whole car anyways due to scratches/dings all over the place but I think i'll probably still with the original color since painting all the door jambs/under the engine will be quiet a hassle and more money. If you can sell me the airbag real cheap then i'll take it

The following users liked this post:
the04coupe (06-06-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought Myself This Rebuild Project! Who did this car used to belong to?