The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just Bought Myself This Rebuild Project! Who did this car used to belong to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Condition
Wow that's one impressive car you got there, you really turned that car around!! Your damage wasn't bad either man. I knew that i had to fix/replace the airbag modules but I didn't know anything about the satellite sensor. I would like to change the color since I have to repaint the whole car anyways due to scratches/dings all over the place but I think i'll probably still with the original color since painting all the door jambs/under the engine will be quiet a hassle and more money. If you can sell me the airbag real cheap then i'll take it
Thanks it took a long time to get there . Heres how she looks now

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ted-share.html

The satalite sensor is located behind the quarter glass interior panel ,in the frame right where it meets the door . Its a small maybe 3"x1" sensor with yellow airbag plug . The side airbag i bought new for over 200 but i will do half what i paid tp help you out . Let me know and ill pm you with pics .

Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Sweet car, I know you must get a lot of crap about this from everybody else but the only thing i'd change about your car is those badges, idk just not my cup of tea. Other then that your car is hot ****.

About the sensor. I thought you only have to replace sensors if they're physically damaged. As far as I know all the cars are like that. Let me get back to you on the airbag.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Condition
^^^Sweet car, I know you must get a lot of crap about this from everybody else but the only thing i'd change about your car is those badges, idk just not my cup of tea. Other then that your car is hot ****.

About the sensor. I thought you only have to replace sensors if they're physically damaged. As far as I know all the cars are like that. Let me get back to you on the airbag.
Thanks The badges are what i usually get the most compliments on .Most of my local customers see the emblems and want it done on their cars as well . With the satellite sensor not true . When a airbag goes off with any car the satellite sensor will cease to function ever again . Shuts down internally . Theres no actual way to physically damage it since its mounted in a reinforced area of the frame where it cant be damaged with even a major accident usually .(Used to work in autobody )

Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
positive camber = gangsta

cant wait to see how itll look wen its finished

Old 06-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Not GANGSTA but FRUGAL

You run mad negative camber and wear out the inside and then run mad positive to wear out the outside hence even tread wear and make your tires last longer FOO.

First

Then

Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you almost done with it?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
^^ yea any progress?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Guys it's a work in progress! I got it to be drivable and now I'm just working on the body and trying to get my new body kit to fit in. I'll post pics of what it looks like currently tomorrow

Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Why buy a totaled got for almost 7k when you can buy a running G for about 10k...

Good luck but it looks like your downgrading. I wouldn't want to drive a G that was in an accident.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 07-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Why buy a totaled got for almost 7k when you can buy a running G for about 10k...

Good luck but it looks like your downgrading. I would want to drive a G that was in an accident.
I went through the same rebuild and when i got mine for 8k the average price of a used G35 was 20k .I ended up at around 13k when it was finished but i did some mods too . Now that G's are going for dirt cheap you are kind of correct with 7k being a lot for a salvage considering you will have to put at least 3k into it to fix . Dont discourage though .You do get a fun experience in rebuilding her if its not a bad salvage . Personally i would go with a nice new color since it will be repainted anyway . Best time to do it .

Haha you said you would want to drive a G in a accident . What be the problem then lol .

Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers

Good luck but it looks like your downgrading. I would want to drive a G that was in an accident.
Thanks for the positive attitude buddy. Sure a salvaged G might cost around 10 grand (03-04) most likely or a clean title that has crazy amount of mileage on it, but the reason why I bought my own is because I'm kind of a perfectionist and I don't trust anyone's work. People tend to take short cuts so not everything fits right, or far down the road the paint flakes. There's just always something.

As far as downgrading? That's just your opinion buddy. I wanted something different from a subaru.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by LEDmarkers
I went through the same rebuild and when i got mine for 8k the average price of a used G35 was 20k .I ended up at around 13k when it was finished but i did some mods too . Now that G's are going for dirt cheap you are kind of correct with 7k being a lot for a salvage considering you will have to put at least 3k into it to fix . Dont discourage though .You do get a fun experience in rebuilding her if its not a bad salvage . Personally i would go with a nice new color since it will be repainted anyway . Best time to do it .

Haha you said you would want to drive a G in a accident . What be the problem then lol .
LOL, correction. I wouldn't want to drive or own any car that was previously in an accident. It's never the same once it's been hit like that.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM
^^^ and that's where you're wrong man. My car had no frame damage, the only thing i did was change the suspension pieces and now it drives like any other car. Anyway here are the pics that I've kept you guys waiting so long for...

I've already bought a CS replica rear, inven front bumper, impul sides, along with the roof lip spoiler. Now I just gotta get them fitted, which will be a bitch!

Last edited by Condition; 01-05-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Good progress! Just wondering, how many people get fooled/lose to your 2.5rs badge on the WRX? lol

Old 07-20-2011, 03:22 PM
^^^LMAO it was the funniest when stis would give me this wtf just happened here look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought Myself This Rebuild Project! Who did this car used to belong to?