The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Will I NEED SPC CAMBER KIT, WITH MY SPRINGS???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will I NEED SPC CAMBER KIT, WITH MY SPRINGS???

Im trying to get springs for my g, so i can lower it... Im guessing to go with the Tein S. Tech... and i was wondering would i need the camber kit for FRONT and REAR or just REAR... Please let me know thank you

Old 06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
I am on 350z H. Tech (1.7"f / 1.5"r) on my sedan and am running just under -2* on all 4 wheels. My tires are cupping and am getting inside wear on my front tires. It has been 7k since the drop, and the camber kit would help, but my problem is minimal. The S. Tech is a bit lower with a stiffer ride so I would recommend the rear and keep up with the rotations. If you have money for springs, front and rear cambers, then I recommend going straight to coils and then have a mild drop until you save for camber kits so you can go lower. Besides your camber, make sure your toe is close to spec so you are not dragging the tires too badly.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM
wat u mean by keepin up wit the rotations? well i would prolly have money for springs and rear camber cuz the front once r crazy expensive... and i dont understand wat u mean by makin sure my toe is close to spec? Sorry im not that familiar with springs or cambers wat so ever.... do u think with the s.techs the car will b boucny?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by StL Stranger
wat u mean by keepin up wit the rotations? well i would prolly have money for springs and rear camber cuz the front once r crazy expensive... and i dont understand wat u mean by makin sure my toe is close to spec? Sorry im not that familiar with springs or cambers wat so ever.... do u think with the s.techs the car will b boucny?
Rotations: If you are only getting rear camber kit, then you will need to keep up with tire rotations. Its so you wear down your tires evenly and not the center of your rears and the inside of your fronts.

For toe: If you look at the tire from a birds view, then toe is the left to right alignment of your tire. Kinda like people are duck footed or pigeon toed, similar thing for your toe alignment.

As for the ride comfort, the S. Tech is a progressive spring, meaning at initial compression its soft, but as the spring compresses the it will stiffen up. The OEM Spring is linear, meaning it will compress at the same rate throughout its range. So in short, your ride will be stiffer, if your shocks are not red (sport) then you will need to replace them sooner.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 PM
so wit both cambers front and back i wont have to worry about anything??
and where can i get red sport? and with red sport the car will be more smoother?

wen i thnk bout all that its a lot of money to give for jus a inch drop.... and wen u look at the coils the coils by themselves are starting at $900

Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Are you driving a coupe or sedan? If you are on sedan then an OEM Z suspension will give you 1" and you will not really need a camber kit. If you are on a coupe, it will give you about .5" drop. You will need to replace your shocks at one point or another, drop or not. The Z suspension (spring & shock) can be found on the marketplace, if you are lucky you will not spend anymore than $200

Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 PM
i hav a 04 g35 coupe,
and i saw on some tein s. tech sayin that i tdrops the coupe front 1.4 and rear 1.0
wat would ur suggestion be to go with springs and get just the rear camber an go wit that or to get all cambers or go wit coils?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Coils with a mild drop, enough to stay close to spec until you can buy camber kit. Then you can go as low as you want after that.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:47 PM
what and where would the spec be? an wat is it?
so with the coils and a drop close to spec no cambers r required? and how close does it hav to be close to spec? and thank u very much for replying to my questions

Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
What Coils have a 0-?? drop adjustment? I thought no matter what coils you put on its a 1+ drop? I was looking at Tein Basics for my Sedan, can some one give info on the adjust-ability From what i got off the Tein site its its 1.6 - 3.7F and 0 - 1.4R So if im reading the info of the tein site its a front drop no matter what but the rear can be adjusted to stock height?

Thanks

Last edited by Herbbie Hablib; 06-05-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what i use

I've got the 03 sedan with S Techs...the sedan model has a lower drop but either way i'm pretty sure you would need the camber arms...be careful what you buy though....I got mine from Kinetix because they were cheaper and still look well made...plus the Kinetix version have a grease point so you can grease them when they start squealing due to the urethane bushings being harder....I have had mine for a few years now with no issues...also...some camber arms are made for racing only....I forgot what brand it was but they were blue in color and the camber STARTED at NEGATIVE 2....so make sure you get a kit that starts around where the stock camber is at and go from there...hope this helps a little....and I got Tokico D Spec's with the Tein S Techs...works great