G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Scammer Alert??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scammer Alert??

Hey guys and gals,

I've been trying to sell some rims and tires for a while but haven't been able to, then I found out my folks put them up for sale on craigslist and already got a positive response from some one. Now I'm stoaked on the fact that some one wants to buy my stuff, however the e-mail this person sent seems odd to me

"Hi,thanks for the response on the item but my work schedule is keeping me too busy as i work as an air Hostess for Delta Airline.I would have loved to come in person,but due to the nature of my work. I won't be able to. I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the condition. Like I said there's no doubt I'm gonna purchase it. Therefore I want you to consider it sold by withdrawing the advert from Craigslist.org

Note: That you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. The shipment will be arrange by my private transporters and mechanic after you receive your payment. Kindly provide me your name and full address where item will be pick up, so i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the cost of pick up and delivery to my address thanks...

Hope to hear back from you asap."

Now am I crazy to think that this seems fishy? I'm not really sure how to ask them to meet up with out losing the sale, but then again if they get pissed and walk, they might have been up to something since the beginning huh?

Any advice?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey, if hes giving you your cash upfront, doesnt seem like a scam to me. just dont arrange for it to be picked up from your house.

The following users liked this post:
orion71483 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
They didn't mention anything about payment method. Tell them you want cash upon pick up.

If they start talking about escrow services and what not then it's a scam. if they are offering cash or a certified cheque/money order then you're fine. Just find out what their payment method will be.

orion71483 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
let's see how they want to pay you first...

orion71483 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
Exclamation Scam Alert?

First,
Let's look at this response

"Hi,thanks for the response on the item but my work schedule is keeping me too busy as i work as an air Hostess for Delta Airline.I would have loved to come in person,but due to the nature of my work. I won't be able to.

((Did you contact them? or have any conversations regarding this sale yet?))

I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the condition.
((Have they seen the parts? if not, how can they be satisfied with the condition based on pics?))

Like I said there's no doubt I'm gonna purchase it. Therefore I want you to consider it sold by withdrawing the advert from Craigslist.org

((There is no need for this comment, until it's purchased and I have money, I am not removing it, and have to go through the trouble of re-posting the item))

Note: That you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. The shipment will be arrange by my private transporters and mechanic after you receive your payment. Kindly provide me your name and full address where item will be pick up, so i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the cost of pick up and delivery to my address thanks...

Hope to hear back from you asap."

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this doesn't sound legit, seems an awful lot like the one where they send you a cashier check for 1000$ and ask you to deduct your price and send them the rest........

Cash only! no other payment (paypal aside) is safe.....

Be very cautious of this transaction!

Phil

Old 08-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Word, good call I was so concerned on whether or not this was a scam to begin with, I didn't even know where to start with my reply. Thanks

PS. Phil it won't let me thank your post, but that is some really good info. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
start with this:

CASH ONLY.. LET'S MEET UP

Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Don't go by yourself either. Bring a friend or two with you.

Same thing almost happened to me when someone wanted to buy my Civic. Some very shady lookin people showed up at the meet spot. Thank goodness I had my brother and some friends with me or I would have gotten fkd up pretty badly.

Make sure the place is also public, somewhere in the wide open area. Don't meet in some back woods place where you can put yourself at greater risk.

Xet (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
They referred to it as an item not by wheel or tire always look for this, its a blanket email thats sent out in mass.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
It's a scam!! I got that before when I was selling stuff on Craigslist.. they even sent me a fake check.. when I tried to cash it the lady said I would be responsible for any fees and paying back the money.. I knew it was a scam so I just tore the check up and never sent what I was selling..

Old 08-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
scam I get plenty of those everytime i post something on craigslist. ^^ this guy above me knows cause he sends those type of messages out all the time haha frankie

Old 08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
that's a fake, i had a similar response when i was selling my motorcycle on craigslist. unless they give u CASH up front and meets up w/ u then don't accept any other forms of payment, even paypal as they can retract the payment. hope this helps

Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by mistasleepi
scam I get plenty of those everytime i post something on craigslist. ^^ this guy above me knows cause he sends those type of messages out all the time haha frankie
U know it!! Scammiing is my life!!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
There response does sound all to fuzzy and cute to be anything but a scam! However if they are willing to bring cash $$ to a designated location other than your residence stay in the game....
Gary

Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Don't go by yourself either. Bring a friend or two with you.

Same thing almost happened to me when someone wanted to buy my Civic. Some very shady lookin people showed up at the meet spot. Thank goodness I had my brother and some friends with me or I would have gotten fkd up pretty badly.

Make sure the place is also public, somewhere in the wide open area. Don't meet in some back woods place where you can put yourself at greater risk.
Most important advice in this thread. Much better to end up out some money rather than out your life. Always have another person or two with you and always pick a very public meeting area, and never have them swing by your house...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scammer Alert??