Dealerships...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Received 146 Likes on 144 Posts
Was this at PEARSON also?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Now I need to return the G35 they wrecked to the body shop...2nd trip back..first was bad paint job....(this is the Pearson recommended shop)...the door that was replaced does not close properly...all I can say is if Pearson wrecks your car DON'T go to the shop they recommend, pick your own. We still have not been reimbursed for the lost vehicle value. What a pain in the rear these clowns at Pearson have caused me....NEVER would have taken it there if I had know the management was so bad.

i bet if there was another dealer nearby, they would have to be better.

Fred

Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't you mean "stealerships".

Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by bluranver6
Why do dealerships gotta charge out the *** for anything?
Where do you think the name "STEALERSHIP" came from? Unless you know the parts manager and get the same cost + 10% like I do you're better off shopping Nissan or our MARKETPLACE for parts. I never go to my Infiniti dealership unless it's for warranty work since I was told at my 30K mile service it would cost me $300 for the trans service. Went to Nissan and paid less than that to have all my fluids replaced....Gary

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
advisors get a percentage of the overall sale,technicians get paid per labor hour, then you have parts and overhead blah blah

Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Pearson Infiniti finally made good on their offer to give me top value from KBB. We traded it in on a new G25x and got the 2.9% financing and below invoice price AND KBB top trade in value ...if they had been quicker, it would have been nice, but all in all it has worked out fine.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow more reasons not to go to the dealerships. I'm a novice with cars, but learning to do DIY's so I can avoid going to them and learn more about cars. It's a risk, but well worth in the long run.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Depends where you go, I got a new i-key for $45 and programmed for 70 bucks.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Shietttttt

I'm petrified of going to the Infiniti dealership around here(417 Infiniti) to have them check my engine warning light :S

Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by vipernick913
Wow more reasons not to go to the dealerships. I'm a novice with cars, but learning to do DIY's so I can avoid going to them and learn more about cars. It's a risk, but well worth in the long run.
For something simple this is definitely the way to go. I hear too many horror stories online about dealerships.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
The d.I.y section on the forum has saved me a bunch of money.. lol

Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I tried searching, but is there or could there be a sticky thread with independent shops listed that owners have gone to and had great service?

realize it would be huge, but could start one and only list trustworthy shops, not the ones that aren't.
Just bought mine in June and haven't had a need to take it anywhere, but have already started searching in the event something does come up, i don't have to take it to the Infiniti Dealer 30 miles away.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by luisp88
i recently bought an o-ring for oil filter housing 27 FREAKIN DOLLARS!
incredible that you paid that for it???
did you check on here first? or was it a needed couldn't wait?
I'd have gotten you $3.22 shipped....

I read all these horror stories about "stealerships" and shake my head, it's why I get the response "you are better than I expected" 10-15 times

give me a shot when you need something, I'll do my best to help you out!

~Phil~

Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
That's why you learn to DIY most of your repairs. The G in an amazingly easy car to work on for the most part and for simple repairs should never be taken to the dealer unless you just don't care about $$$. They wanted $386 to fix my axle click, so I said fvck you and did it myself. Cost me $7 for a tube of grease and took ~ 2 hours.
Took my car into the stealer to diagnose my window motor issue. $90 later, they told me they would have to look into it more and thought it was the BCM. Said it would cost me an upwards of $900 in parts and labor.

$85 later, and an hour and a half's worth of work, my window works just fine again. Turns out I had a couple of bad pins on my old harness.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by luisp88
i recently bought an o-ring for oil filter housing 27 FREAKIN DOLLARS!
Same part can be got for $5.00 at Nissan. Or like Phil said, $3.22 from him.

Originally Posted by aaron3719
I just got a new coupe myself and was wondering if most of the repairs can be done at a local gas station garage? Will they charge me an arm also??
If you insist on going to the stealer, go to Nissan. They can do all the service repairs, and charge lower labor rates and part costs. And don't let them tell you that you need to take your car to Infinti for service. Some will do that. Just be firm with them, and give them the "well, if you don't want my money..." song and dance.

I'm leery about gas station shops, too, unless you can find one that you can make yourself a regular face at (say a small mom & pop type shop--not one owned by Firestone, Goodyear, etc.).

I only use the dealership as a last-ditch resort if I can't resolve an issue myself.

Originally Posted by mjwalter80
When I got my car back, they told me they looked at the sensor for free, it was damaged and they would replace it for $273. I said absolutely not. My independent guy said if I bought one online for $50, he’d install it for free. Then, to my surprise, they handed me a bill. I asked why I was getting charged as this was a recall. The bill turned out to be $48 and change to replace the battery in my remote. I told them I never authorized them to do that. They did it on their own accord. It was only after that exchange they didn’t charge me for the work.
$48 for a $2 battery? Sounds like your dealer is on something.

When I bought a new key fob for my car, I took it to Nissan, and they installed a new battery and programmed it to my car for me for free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealerships...