The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Dealerships...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got off the phone with 417 Infiniti. I asked about a buying a compression rod bushing. They said you have to buy the whole rod. Quoted me at 350$ for it. I said " well actually, no. I have the part number for a compression rod bushing here", gave him the part number and he found out for the first time in his life, they sell compression rod bushings. *******s.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beef
I just got off the phone with 417 Infiniti. I asked about a buying a compression rod bushing. They said you have to buy the whole rod. Quoted me at 350$ for it. I said " well actually, no. I have the part number for a compression rod bushing here", gave him the part number and he found out for the first time in his life, they sell compression rod bushings. *******s.
Wow,
that's why we get just killed on the board sometimes

FYI for anyone wondering
54570-AC70A is the Compression Rod Bushing....

Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 PM
dx3
Originally Posted by Phil@GRUBBS
Wow,
that's why we get just killed on the board sometimes

FYI for anyone wondering
54570-AC70A is the Compression Rod Bushing....
Phil - I'm glad you're around. After I get the mats in I'll be in touch for some more parts...

Jonny

Old 08-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mjwalter80
I was at the dealership for a recall….while I was there, I thought I would ask a couple of questions.

1. Why does my remote only work intermittently?
2. My tire pressure sensor light is on (I knew I had a damaged sensor). Could it be manually turned off?

Their answers:

1. They took my remote from appeared 20 minutes later and said the battery was dying and they replaced it….okay great
2. They told me they would look at my tire pressure sensor for $90. Since I knew the sensor was damaged, I said no thanks.

When I got my car back, they told me they looked at the sensor for free, it was damaged and they would replace it for $273. I said absolutely not. My independent guy said if I bought one online for $50, he’d install it for free. Then, to my surprise, they handed me a bill. I asked why I was getting charged as this was a recall. The bill turned out to be $48 and change to replace the battery in my remote. I told them I never authorized them to do that. They did it on their own accord. It was only after that exchange they didn’t charge me for the work.

lmao... $48 to replace the battery in the remote

Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM
My 06 sedan has always gone to the local infinity dealership near me (CREST in plano, tx) and they are always great. They will match the local Nissan dealerships price for service. That saved me 600 bucks on a 90k service. The only issue i have had with them is they tend to overfill the auto tyranny fluid and it vents on the exhaust causing smoke. i brought this to the attention of the service advisor and he promptly had them degrease and dry my exhaust system, and refill the trans fluid to the proper level. All at no charge to me plus a free 2012 g37 rental. No smoke or shell since. Great experience.

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
That's why you learn to DIY most of your repairs. The G in an amazingly easy car to work on for the most part and for simple repairs should never be taken to the dealer unless you just don't care about $$$. They wanted $386 to fix my axle click, so I said fvck you and did it myself. Cost me $7 for a tube of grease and took ~ 2 hours.
yea this. Why do dealerships charge so much? Why not? People pay it. When I bought my Z from carmax I made them do a ton of ****, replace all fluids, filters, grease the axles, brake pads, etc. Fo Free. But from now on Ill do most of the work myself like I did for my RSX. Its also really the only way youll know its done right.

Not to rant.... but its upsetting to me how many mechanics work at dealerships that dont give a **** about cars....

Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beef
why dont you buy it from a vendor? Energy bushings are so much better than oem.