Old 12-07-2011 | 11:25 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic
Staff Alumni
Itasha Coupe
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
"stuff to read here"
I'm not quoting that entire paragraph, but.... ROFL, holy crap... you were nice for once!

Old 12-07-2011 | 11:25 AM
An really who cares if someone else bought you the car, at the end of the day if you put eBay parts on the car what do you think you are going to get out of it. You sound like a spoiled idiot who doesn't know crap about cars. Not the way to earn respect here.

Old 12-07-2011 | 12:05 PM
Troll

I have turbos and still think blow off valves are gay, maybe because ricers get off on them so hard. Real men re-circ that ****! I run MAP and I still recirc.

Old 12-07-2011 | 12:13 PM
I just had my wastegate on my s13. Didn't really need a blow off.

Old 12-07-2011 | 12:22 PM
|
Seriously who cares if I'm 17. What does that have to do with my car. I had a honda before his an the motor blew up. My dad said its because they are made cheap. That's why I got my G. I did like the vtec though. Nothing in the world like that sound!!! Thanks for all of the advice. I think I am going to put some resonators on it because my mom thinks its too loud. I still think it sounds sweet.

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:09 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:09 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic
Staff Alumni
Itasha Coupe
Premier Member
I'm still confused on what exactly you're trying to achieve. Are you trying to fake the funk and make your car sound loud and fast, or are you actually trying to pump out some serious power?

If you're looking for power, you being 17 means you won't achieve it anytime soon unless your parents want to fork over $10k in your car. Basically, giving a lot of power to a young, inexperienced driver.

Ask yourself this if you end up going boost. Who is going to install? What kit are you going to use? What supporting mods do you need before you blow the already efficiently tuned VQ motor? Who is going to tune it?

Answer all those questions, and then tally up how much all of that is actually going to cost.

Buy a cheap turbo kit from eBay, and watch your engine blow to pieces. When that happens, again, start calculating the cost that you'll need to replace the motor and ask yourself the same questions. Who is going to install it? How much is it going to cost to purchase a used VQ motor? How am I going to get it to my house or to the installer? Again, tally that up and you'll see that the stuff isn't cheap.

You're in way over your head. If it were that easy to boost this platform, a lot of people would have done it already. Just like Tim (Blue Dream) has already stated, there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and my350z if you just put forth the effort to read and learn. That's why we're all here, to learn from each other. But if you're not willing to listen or at least heed any of the advice that some people are trying to give you, than you're just a lost cause and someone for the rest of the forum to point and laugh at. There are people on this forum that do enjoy a good laugh from time to time, and a subject such as this is way too easy of a target.

But so far, from reading your previous posts, I would say that you're way behind the power curve. Pun intended.

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by keefover
Seriously who cares if I'm 17. What does that have to do with my car. I had a honda before his an the motor blew up. My dad said its because they are made cheap. That's why I got my G. I did like the vtec though. Nothing in the world like that sound!!! Thanks for all of the advice. I think I am going to put some resonators on it because my mom thinks its too loud. I still think it sounds sweet.
OMG that made my morning... resonators on a stock exhaust that has the muffler removed...

I got my 05 G coupe when i was 16 and had no money for mods, so you know what i did? i saved my money because i realized these cars are not cheap. i started with clear corners ($40), then an OEM 350z intake tube ($40), then interior LED's ($60)

Later on after a while of saving i bought some used Fast Intention high flow cats to make the stock exhaust a little louder and deeper, since there was no way in hell i could aford a $1,200 exhaust.

Take it slow and save man

-Wes

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:38 PM
lmfao, dude you're the reason people talk **** to me, I'm 17 and got my G when I was 15. I was never ever ever as big of a dipshit as you so age is not an excuse, my mod list consists of a custom paintjob, I took the best color infiniti offered & the best pearl lexus offered & put them together, I have a Nismo front & oem 18's cause I can't afford volks or works & I'm not about to run varrstoens or xxr's. I'm lowered on revised z suspension & have a real HKS muffler & coupe midpipe, I have a stillen intake with a ztube & a few other things, did you see anywhere in that list that I cut corners? bought cheap or knockoff parts? No.

I could have saved money & cut my springs & exhaust but I'm not a big enough ****tard. Please kidddo sell ur car or bolt everything back up and keep it stock. like hey shoes are expensive so lets just cut off ur feet? Makes sense huh?

PS: before you try to say I mod cause I have money....lol I make $8 an hour, it's called saving up and doing things right.

I'm tired of these ricer little kid retards giving me a bad name. When I first came on here I hid my age for a while because I knew people would assume I was like you. I reveled my age once I had like 600 posts and contributed something.

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (12-09-2011)
Old 12-07-2011 | 01:43 PM
+1 to what Beebo said,

I got my coupe when I was 18, as a graduation gift my parents decided they would match me $ for $. After sinking almost all the money I had saved into paying for half of it, I had to work for a whole year before I could even put my first part on it. (An Injen intake (It makes the stock exhaust sounds mad cool brah, shiz would turn headssss)). So slow down, please don't put cheap parts on the VQ because you're going to ruin one of the finest tuned instruments in the world.

This is coming from someone whos first car was a 96 eclipse RS with the most show and no go...I'm talking neon, body kit, lambo doors, PS2, discount tire rims, and a rainbow sparkle paint job...No, I'm not proud of where I started but I am proud of where I am now. I'll have my G till the chassis rusts out from under it. How do I know that? Because I'm doing it right with this car, cheap parts will only destroy what we've all come to love.

P.S. Reading this made my shitty morning so worth it, haven't laughed till i cried in a while
Thanks.

I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
And we think you're cool G35SedanGrn, OP however not so much. More like something that rhymes with cool............

G35SedanGrn (12-07-2011)
Damn Will lol well said but no need to call him names

G35SedanGrn (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011 | 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by keefover
all of you guys are just big haters. My dad just bought me this car so I can do whatever I want to it. Everyone that has heard it thinks it sounds really mean I am just looking for some cheap reliable power. Where are you supposed to drill those holes? Do you have to put anything in them?
LOL.
Where are you supposed to drill those holes? It was an attempt at levity when I said drill your manifold.

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:49 PM
lol Wes, Just tired of kid's giving me a bad name. I bet you if I make a new screen name & post my car & say hey I'm 16 i'll get flamed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Noob here