G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Scheduled Maintenance questions 08 G35X 49K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scheduled Maintenance questions 08 G35X 49K

Hey folks,

I recently picked up a used 08 G35X with approx 49300K and had a question on scheduled service.

I wanted to perform the 45K service as a starting point for my records and no notes on prior service were included with the documents I received from the used car dealer.

My local Infiniti dealership is Kelly of Danvers MA.

My questions:

a) Should I bring it to the dealership for this 45K service or would say Firestone/Pep Boys be able to provide the same service at a better price?

b) Anyone in the Danvers, MA area currently uses anyother service professional for these scheduled services other than the Infiniti dealership?

c) Is the best way to tell if this is still under Factory warrranty a visit to the dealership's service department?

Side note #1 - I currently do not have off street parking and I do not want to do on street repairs (I think that's illegal too, but not sure)

Side note #2 - Also trying to get the EPP but having a hard time contacting Circle in NJ and since Courtney in AZ is out, no one else replies to my emails/phone calls

Thanks in advance for your help

Oz

Old 02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I like to take my car to the Nissan dealership for service. The prices are a lot less than the Infiniti dealer and the techs are still qualified to work on our cars.

I will say that you get what you pay for though... so the lowest price isn't the best option most of the time.

I would steer clear of firestone/goodyear/ntb etc unless you personally know someone there that will make sure your car is treated well. I used to work for 2 places that I mentioned, and I can tell you firsthand that some of the people they employ are not qualified to repair flat tires on bikes. On top of that, the prices are not competitive in the least. 150% mark up (or more) on parts is not cool.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprix. Thanks a lot for the tip. There is a Nissan dealer 5 minutes down the street from work, so that could work

Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
You betcha. I am not the most mechanically inclined person around, so there are some things I feel would be best handled by someone at a dealer. (Personally)

One other thing that keeps me away from places like Firestone etc is the fact that most associates only have a very general knowledge of any car. At least if you go to a Nissan dealer, you deal with someone who has been dealing with VQ equipped cars on a regular basis.

Oh- and for the warranty question; definitely follow up with your dealer to find out how much of your factory warranty is in place.