The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Serious question - is there a torque spec when putting back in the wipers onto the bolts?

I just pulled my wipers to do the hood hinge lube mod.
Yes there is.. You coukd probably google it and find the specs

Old 12-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
so i had purchased an auto sensing windshield wiper system but had not installed it because it came with a dinky "on-off" switch. It didnt meet my standards of oem looks so i decided to hack apart my existing windshield wiper stalk. I notched where the "mist" function goes so it doesnt just return. It clicks into place and then cut the contact pads for the mist function and soldered my own wires to the contacts. Now when the wiper is put into the mist function it will turn on the auto wiper function. Now i just gotta clean off the "mist" letters and get a laser cut stencil for "auto" and spray it
:jamin:

Old 12-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Yes there is.. You coukd probably google it and find the specs
Muthafka this is G35deeriver dot com.

Originally Posted by .cakestar
So I had purchased an auto sensing windshield wiper system but had not installed it because it came with a dinky "on-off" switch. it didnt meet my standards of oem looks so i decided to hack apart my existing windshield wiper stalk. i notched where the "mist" function goes so it doesnt just return. it clicks into place and then cut the contact pads for the mist function and soldered my own wires to the contacts. now when the wiper is put into the mist function it will turn on the auto wiper function. now i just gotta clean off the "mist" letters and get a laser cut stencil for "auto" and spray it
Great idea, but local vinyl shop prints would be much simpler .

Old 12-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
oh the guy i know at laser cutting does vinyl. i was just gunna have him cut some thin cardboard. or are you saying to use a vinyl decal over the letters? i feel like that wouldnt look right still and it would have a raised texture and the vinyl is shiny

Old 12-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
I did the initial mod which is removing the spring and adjusting the clutch rod. That was pretty good for 4 years. I did the first prototype RJM pedal install in ACIDJAKES car and he absolutely loved it with his JWT Clutch. I wish I would have bought a bracket in 2012 instead of waiting 3 years.

Being able to feel the engagement point is only one part of the issue. The factory clutch has such a high engagement point and stroke is really long also the modulation zone is very short/tight. With the adjustable pedal you can choose how long of a stroke, where the engagement point is and the pedal height in relation to brake pedal. I hated having my clutch pedal higher than brake. I hated having engagement point so high compared to other vehicles. I hated having a short modulation window. Also don't forget the jerky launch, 1-2 upshift, or 2-3 upshift and also downshifts.. Launch is extremely smooth, no more bucking, jerking, guessing where engagement point is or a really long stroke.

I have increased leverage so rush hour shifting is a joy. I actually look forward to the commute in the morning with the new pedal. Folks are willing to waste money on exhaust which only makes noise and barely any blip on the dyno, wheels that poke and require you to run extreme camber (eats up tires) but yet are not willing to spend $239 on a clutch bracket which gets used 100 times a day or more. Instead of feathering your clutch for smooth shifts pick up a bracket and save your disc.
  • Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predictable Engagement!
  • Much Smoother 1-2 & 2-3 Upshifts Shifts
  • Smoother and easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
  • Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control for all clutches OEM to Extreme Multi-plate and Heavy Puck clutches.
  • Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
I never knew about a clutch pedal mod that required taking a spring out. I just loosened the 10mm nut on the rod and screwed it into the firewall a little bit. Now my engagement is below the brake pedal and I can actually feel when it's about to hit it, rather than guessing like oem adjustment. This made it 10X easier to drive, although I will admit it's still not quite as easy as my BMW E30 was. I might look into this though, seeing as you can really toy with how the clutch works.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i still dont understand how so many people cant "feel" when its engagement time. i feel everything. the g37s u cant feel anything. but g35s are fine the way they are.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
i still dont understand how so many people cant "feel" when its engagement time. i feel everything. the g37s u cant feel anything. but g35s are fine the way they are.
Maybe the one you drove was fine, but on my 04 you literally could not tell. I even had a few different people sit in it and play with the clutch. They couldnt tell either. After adjustment my clutch pedal is pretty soft till you hit the engagement point, then it gets nice and stiff. There's absolutely no guess work involved anymore. And i'm no noob to clutches. I've driven most everything from crappy little civics to big rigs. This car def had a weird clutch setup lol.

Last edited by Frostbite91; 12-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Bought these two (same sub both pics) for $40 including another cheap boss 10" which will likely go back for sale.....
Old stuff but works great still and I couldn't pass up a deal like that.
Just need to sort my stereo end and then fabricate a box.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Mine needs a wash.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
scored some altima wiper nut covers from the junk yard $5 for both covers and nuts. well worth it imo. ur nuts are probably rusting by now. those things new are expensive lol

Old 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just ordered some BC coilovers. Have been riding on stagg struts and tein 350z s techs with no issues. Wanted to be able to adjust dampening most of all because I am happy with drop. I was gonna get some d specs but only about $200 difference from the coilovers so why not. Also ordered a nismo front splitter for my Inven bumper.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Just got my G37s calipers, my Kuruma Z front bumper is in route. Just installed a new set of 255's in the front and 285's in the rear. About to order some bilstein struts and shocks. My coupe's coming along nicely.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by SUMBLAKDUDE
Just ordered some BC coilovers. Have been riding on stagg struts and tein 350z s techs with no issues. Wanted to be able to adjust dampening most of all because I am happy with drop. I was gonna get some d specs but only about $200 difference from the coilovers so why not. Also ordered a nismo front splitter for my Inven bumper.
Why the Nismo for the inven?

Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
Just got my G37s calipers, my Kuruma Z front bumper is in route. Just installed a new set of 255's in the front and 285's in the rear. About to order some bilstein struts and shocks. My coupe's coming along nicely.
Mr Brooks

How do the 285s look on your coupe I'm contemplating running either 285s or 295s

Old 12-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Why the Nismo for the inven?
From what I have seen the nismo style splitter sits out a lil further which I like

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?