The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Bought some of these

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-volkracing.jpg  
Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Me too lol.. Im probably gonna sell my airride and just get new stances with upgraded spring rates and put my wheels on and keep it simple..
we're all getting old

Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
we're all getting old
Yup lol Im just gonna get a GTR and stop playing around lol

Last edited by Frankieg35; 12-07-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Still buying parts for my cheap quad setup. One question though, I read somewhere on this forum that the fx35 projectors fit in the top part of the 03-05 sedan headlights with no cutting at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Damn!! Take care of her lol
Oh I am. it's about to get all the ball joints replaced. Looking into a bottle-jack press so I dont need to buy controls arms. Just bought new bearing for the pulleys friday.
I'm the 3rd owner. 1st one had it for 9 years, second one was either a stoner or maybe drug dealer. It reeked of weed and stale cigarettes, found 7 rounds of .45 and 5 .22lr buried under the carpet of the trunk, and pay stubs of like $600, but a bank account balance of $24k so something doesn't add up there lol. All I know is the jiffy lube there worked on the radiator and I still cant get all the air out of the system after 4 burps lol. Gotta love used cars. She'll be in great shape this spring.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
Installed the RJM Rev 4 Clutch Bracket with help from ACIDJAKE - MY350z Mod

http://www.rjmperformance.com/350z--...edal-kits.html

Benefits of the RJM AFP Pedal System

- Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predictable Engagement!
- Much Smoother 1-2 & 2-3 Upshifts Shifts
- Smoother and easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
- Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control for all clutches OEM to Extreme Multi-plate and Heavy Puck clutches.
- Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
- Features a Single Acting Torsion Return Spring & Eliminates the Factory "Assist Spring Mechanism".
- New Rev 4 Features increased adjustment capabilities over older versions for more setup flexibility.
- ZERO Pedal sticking to the floor after Hard Driving, Track Days or Events
- Reduces or Eliminates chance of CSC failures on 07-08 HR 350Z.

The Rev 4.0 Assemblies Have Been Completely Redesigned as Full Replacement Pedal Assemblies Allowing:
- Faster & Easier to Install than previous versions.
- Simpler Tuning Process than previous versions.
- Reduced Number of Install Steps.
- New Simpler AFP Adjustment Mechanism featuring a built in scale to see exact AFP Setup Percentage.
- Comes as a Complete Pre-Assembled Replacement Assembly, AFP comes Pre-Adjusted to reduce setup.

how much difference does that make compared to adjusting the oem pedal? I adjusted mine and it shifts great compared to factory adjustment. No more guessing where the sweet zone is, I can actually feel it now.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by Frostbite91
Oh I am. it's about to get all the ball joints replaced. Looking into a bottle-jack press so I dont need to buy controls arms. Just bought new bearing for the pulleys friday.
I'm the 3rd owner. 1st one had it for 9 years, second one was either a stoner or maybe drug dealer. It reeked of weed and stale cigarettes, found 7 rounds of .45 and 5 .22lr buried under the carpet of the trunk, and pay stubs of like $600, but a bank account balance of $24k so something doesn't add up there lol. All I know is the jiffy lube there worked on the radiator and I still cant get all the air out of the system after 4 burps lol. Gotta love used cars. She'll be in great shape this spring.
Getting the air out of the system is a huge pain in the ***, I had to take mine to the dealer.. Same with the brakes, couldnt get the air out..

Old 12-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Frostbite91
how much difference does that make compared to adjusting the oem pedal? I adjusted mine and it shifts great compared to factory adjustment. No more guessing where the sweet zone is, I can actually feel it now.
I did the initial mod which is removing the spring and adjusting the clutch rod. That was pretty good for 4 years. I did the first prototype RJM pedal install in ACIDJAKES car and he absolutely loved it with his JWT Clutch. I wish I would have bought a bracket in 2012 instead of waiting 3 years.

Being able to feel the engagement point is only one part of the issue. The factory clutch has such a high engagement point and stroke is really long also the modulation zone is very short/tight. With the adjustable pedal you can choose how long of a stroke, where the engagement point is and the pedal height in relation to brake pedal. I hated having my clutch pedal higher than brake. I hated having engagement point so high compared to other vehicles. I hated having a short modulation window. Also don't forget the jerky launch, 1-2 upshift, or 2-3 upshift and also downshifts.. Launch is extremely smooth, no more bucking, jerking, guessing where engagement point is or a really long stroke.

I have increased leverage so rush hour shifting is a joy. I actually look forward to the commute in the morning with the new pedal. Folks are willing to waste money on exhaust which only makes noise and barely any blip on the dyno, wheels that poke and require you to run extreme camber (eats up tires) but yet are not willing to spend $239 on a clutch bracket which gets used 100 times a day or more. Instead of feathering your clutch for smooth shifts pick up a bracket and save your disc.
  • Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predictable Engagement!
  • Much Smoother 1-2 & 2-3 Upshifts Shifts
  • Smoother and easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
  • Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control for all clutches OEM to Extreme Multi-plate and Heavy Puck clutches.
  • Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!

Last edited by faiz23; 12-07-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
I did the initial mod which is removing the spring and adjusting the clutch rod. That was pretty good for 4 years. I did the first prototype RJM pedal install in ACIDJAKES car and he absolutely loved it with his JWT Clutch. I wish I would have bought a bracket in 2012 instead of waiting 3 years.

Being able to feel the engagement point is only one part of the issue. The factory clutch has such a high engagement point and stroke is really long also the modulation zone is very short/tight. With the adjustable pedal you can choose how long of a stroke, where the engagement point is and the pedal height in relation to brake pedal. I hated having my clutch pedal higher than brake. I hated having engagement point so high compared to other vehicles. I hated having a short modulation window. Also don't forget the jerky launch, 1-2 upshift, or 2-3 upshift and also downshifts.. Launch is extremely smooth, no more bucking, jerking, guessing where engagement point is or a really long stroke.

I have increased leverage so rush hour shifting is a joy. I actually look forward to the commute in the morning with the new pedal. Folks are willing to waste money on exhaust which only makes noise and barely any blip on the dyno, wheels that poke and require you to run extreme camber (eats up tires) but yet are not willing to spend $239 on a clutch bracket which gets used 100 times a day or more. Instead of feathering your clutch for smooth shifts pick up a bracket and save your disc.
  • Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predictable Engagement!
  • Much Smoother 1-2 & 2-3 Upshifts Shifts
  • Smoother and easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
  • Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control for all clutches OEM to Extreme Multi-plate and Heavy Puck clutches.
  • Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
^^This. Well said. I have one of the older versions (rev 2.x?), and agree with everything above. This was probably the best driveability mod I've done to this car. This and a set of Hotchkis sway bars are the most bang for your buck mods to this car.

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Originally Posted by Shanes_G
It's garage kept and if I know it's gonna rain I'll avoid driving it. Yea, tons of room for activities in there lol, I actually just sold my nwp tb and 3.5 inch furookie. I'm honestly done modding it, that clutch pedal looks nice tho. I hate when mine doesn't come all the way up.
you're so full of shiiit

Old 12-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Originally Posted by LoSt180
^^This. Well said. I have one of the older versions (rev 2.x?), and agree with everything above. This was probably the best driveability mod I've done to this car. This and a set of Hotchkis sway bars are the most bang for your buck mods to this car.
I NEEEEEEED this

Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanes_G
It's garage kept and if I know it's gonna rain I'll avoid driving it. Yea, tons of room for activities in there lol, I actually just sold my nwp tb and 3.5 inch furookie. I'm honestly done modding it, that clutch pedal looks nice tho. I hate when mine doesn't come all the way up.
Serious question - is there a torque spec when putting back in the wipers onto the bolts?

I just pulled my wipers to do the hood hinge lube mod.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Honestly don't know. I would just snug them on there. Not a critical component anyways.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
So I had purchased an auto sensing windshield wiper system but had not installed it because it came with a dinky "on-off" switch. it didnt meet my standards of oem looks so i decided to hack apart my existing windshield wiper stalk. i notched where the "mist" function goes so it doesnt just return. it clicks into place and then cut the contact pads for the mist function and soldered my own wires to the contacts. now when the wiper is put into the mist function it will turn on the auto wiper function. now i just gotta clean off the "mist" letters and get a laser cut stencil for "auto" and spray it

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-img_5132.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5133.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5134.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5135.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5136.jpg  

What did you do to the G today?-img_5165.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5166.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-img_5167.jpg  

Last edited by .cakestar; 12-08-2015 at 08:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by .cakestar:
BradMD_96 (12-09-2015), Frankieg35 (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Deciding on a vinyl color for spring

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?