The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took apart the interior of the G... Another few days and its sawzall time... The wiring is crazy for these cars.

Is this how you change a spark plug?

Finally got the rear timing cover off. After beating prying and almost giving up on life. I discovered I missed 4 bolts. 2 under the oil pan and 2 in plain sight... I feel really really dumb.

Took off timing cover, it was more of a pita then I imagined it would be.

One of the screws on the passenger side chain guide was almost completely unscrewed, found that interesting.

This might be my first post figured I would make it good... What I did for the last month or two.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Discovered the source of the chirping from my engine bay. Ended up replaced the A/C tensioner pulley (bearing was gone) as well as both belts. Literally only took me 30 minutes once I got the car in the air. Very good use of $93.

It was 20% tint all around but I failed inspection, it annoys the crap out of me. And idk why everyone hates the stickers, I absolutely love them lol. As for daily'ing this height, it can be annoying. Yes it scrapes, but not near as bad as you would think. It's a little stiff but to be honest I really need stiffer springs, the 10k front and 8k rear are a little soft for how low the car is. But I absolutely love it, and the crazy rear camber is soon to be no more, I have new tires which will bring the -8. 5 to a more reasonable number.
I'm not a fan of stickers either but not totally against the theory of being proud of a certain brand item on the car. Like let's say one gets a full bassani exhaust and has a tiny bassani sticker. Where I see a problem is a bunch of stickers everywhere. I think it's like chrome vs black or or black wheels vs silver wheels. It's just a preference. Im not a fan of a crazy visually off camber though. I think a clean flush look is perfect but I'm 35 now and my tastes have changed. Clean ride though. My fav tint is still silver/mirror tint. On gray or silver cars it's sex

I'm jealous of you guys. I was on a mission to have a bad *** G sedan and got recently layer off after the Xmas season without an emergency plan plus I'm single so didn't have that Financial back up some of you guys have. Hopefully god willing I can get back on my feet and go back to playing with the car. For right now I'm gonna be a reader and drink this vodka and sprite that's in my cup.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Dboyzalter
Took apart the interior of the G... Another few days and its sawzall time... The wiring is crazy for these cars.

Is this how you change a spark plug?

Finally got the rear timing cover off. After beating prying and almost giving up on life. I discovered I missed 4 bolts. 2 under the oil pan and 2 in plain sight... I feel really really dumb.

Took off timing cover, it was more of a pita then I imagined it would be.

One of the screws on the passenger side chain guide was almost completely unscrewed, found that interesting.

This might be my first post figured I would make it good... What I did for the last month or two.
Great 1st post. We need new members here. What are you doing with the car? You pulled the interior and everything with it. Are you doing like a frame off restore or something?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
Great 1st post. We need new members here. What are you doing with the car? You pulled the interior and everything with it. Are you doing like a frame off restore or something?
Im just parting it out but most of the parts are not that great so im mostly just taking it apart for the fun and experience...

Car has 208k miles on it, and someone drifted it into a tree before I picked it up.

I have a 04 Z and lots of interchangeable parts im going to keep, the rest will get cut up and sent to scrap...

Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Had the wheels balanced about a week ago so got a good chance to have a look underneath without laying on the ground. Also noticed cupping on the inner edges of the fronts which I suspect is mainly down to excessive toe out so I sorted that out today, will see how the wear changes - could also be due to bad ball joints or bushes but haven't felt/seen any obvious play. Shocks seem fine too...

Old 01-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
See responses above in red. My issue with the stickers is that to me they scream "Look at me" which implies of a level of immaturity of the owner, like you're asking people to look at the car. I think the car should command attention by being carefully/tastefully modded and different enough it turns heads when people see it. But just my .02, we're all different.
I think my car is too far gone at this point to be considered 'tastefully modded.' BUUUT the smaller tires should bring the number down to where the front is at (close to -6). I appreciate the love and critiques lol

Old 01-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
I think my car is too far gone at this point to be considered 'tastefully modded.' BUUUT the smaller tires should bring the number down to where the front is at (close to -6). I appreciate the love and critiques lol
To be honest man, I think your car is tastefully modded, the only thing I personally am not behind is the extreme camber, just a personal thing.

As a side note, how many stingers are on your car? I only see one, so I don't understand the hate on stickers...

Old 01-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Mignav01
To be honest man, I think your car is tastefully modded, the only thing I personally am not behind is the extreme camber, just a personal thing.

As a side note, how many stingers are on your car? I only see one, so I don't understand the hate on stickers...
Thanks! I'm not a fan of the rear camber, front looks great to me but I'm not pleased with the rear. And as for the stickers, I have 8 and a 9th on the way. If you count the wrap as a big a** sticker then it's 10 total lol

Old 01-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wrapped the G!

Today I had the roof wrapped gloss black on the G. Personally I love it! I know some won't, but I think it's different. Hope you guys like it!

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Today I had the roof wrapped gloss black on the G. Personally I love it! I know some won't, but I think it's different. Hope you guys like it![/QUOTE]

How much did that run you? I've been wanting to do that also

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Something different? People been doing that for quite a while now lol.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:17 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Thanks! I'm not a fan of the rear camber, front looks great to me but I'm not pleased with the rear. And as for the stickers, I have 8 and a 9th on the way. If you count the wrap as a big a** sticker then it's 10 total lol
Ah I see. And i agree the front looks about on point but the rear a bit much, but at least the stickers aren't all close to each other, and the wrap doesn't count, looks dope man! Going thru your build thread when I have the time

Conissah (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by lasen72
Today I had the roof wrapped gloss black on the G. Personally I love it! I know some won't, but I think it's different. Hope you guys like it!
How much did that run you? I've been wanting to do that also[/QUOTE]

It was around $150!

lasen72 (01-25-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
Something different? People been doing that for quite a while now lol.
Compare it to the number of Gs without a wrapped roof... Its something different and somewhat unique. Not saying there aren't people who have it, cause I've seen them.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:15 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
U should compare to number of modified gs esp sedans. A lot of them do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?