The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Had my clutch bearing poop out on me. Replaced the full clutch assembly with a JWT standard kit. Shout out to my neighbor with a full blown lift in his back yard!

What did you do to the G today?-mktzvbo.jpg

Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
Washed up and cleaned the windows.
Also got my 05-06 metra working in my 04 thanks to Wrathernut. Like he said, all the boards work for all year models of the G35. There is a jumper on the board with 3 option positions but for the 04 it is as simple as removing the jumper (originally placed in option 1). Now that's done I can adjust my temperature and refitted the replacement clock trim knowing I won't have to take it back out anytime soon.

What's your stereo setup? I see a tablet installed with no deck. So really would love to see a list or pics of the setup. I removed my nav and currently have a hole. Was going to fab a tablet mount in that area but now thinking of a tablet in your location and a flip up screen mounted high in the nav cubby area. I think it's more practical to have Nav high in the car and music low instead of the opposite.

The PO wired the head unit correct so I didn't have any issues when I got my car. I take it your air wasn't working and the PO of your car just threw in the aftermarket radio?

Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Coilovers install update...things starting to look interesting.

Front coils and A arms are installed. Drop is just a bit low in the front, so this will be raised a tad and then the rear will get leveled out. Absolutely loving the look so far. My mechanic said the Z1 Motorsports A arms AND the Fortune Auto coilovers are a BITCH to adjust... both have to be unbolted to adjust.

Regardless, I'm so psyched to get this done.

I will soon have the following for sale:

Tokico DSP9 shocks (350z version) with rear adjusters
350z front springs, Tein rear springs
Oem A arms
This set up drives great and gives a nice drop, just not quite as low as the coilovers. I can send pics of the drop to anyone interested. About 60k on this set up. Everything appears to still be perfect.
I also have a full set of new, oem rubber mounts for front and back, 6 pieces total.

Depending also on the ability to modify the mounts, I MAY HAVE A GENUINE ARC TITANIUM FRONT STRUT BAR FOR SALE. RARE!

Then I need to get 20% tint to replace the crappy 35%

Last edited by JZ39; 06-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by theronz

Fixing that next, right?

G35freaks looking really good.
Yes lol. Finished the car at 3 am, got up at 630 to be at an alignment shop at 7, and then got turned away from 4 different shops so I said screw it and just drove to the show.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
What's your stereo setup? I see a tablet installed with no deck. So really would love to see a list or pics of the setup. I removed my nav and currently have a hole. Was going to fab a tablet mount in that area but now thinking of a tablet in your location and a flip up screen mounted high in the nav cubby area. I think it's more practical to have Nav high in the car and music low instead of the opposite.

The PO wired the head unit correct so I didn't have any issues when I got my car. I take it your air wasn't working and the PO of your car just threw in the aftermarket radio?

Yes I got the tablet but I do have it hooked up to a stereo which is stuffed into the upper glove box. The audio is run into the stereo into the aux in and the volume is just preset at about 3/4 - way more than loud enough when the tablet is at max volume. If you want to get away without a stereo then you could use an amp capable of taking an aux in signal. For a perfect setup I would suggest running it all through an equalizer first though (1/2 din can be fit almost anywhere you like).

A nav screen high up is more practical - obviously - but I don't think it's worth the hassle. The 7 inch screen is easy to glance at if you need more than the voice directions.

When I bought my car it was completely stock, including the stereo, but very soon it went from intermittent functioning to completely failing. I threw in a stereo in the upper glove box and got by like that for a while, just to avoid the large expense of a double din kit (mainly the a/c control module). But someone on the forum was selling just the a/c controls so I picked it up and proceeded to fit the tablet in place of the old stereo. The a/c worked perfectly fine before, then I had no temp control when the metra was initially installed but now after removing the jumper I can control the temp.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Fixed the cambies and toes. Need spacers.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Almost done...

Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
mmmmm SF Winnings FTMFGDW!!!!!!!!!

Car looks great, my favorite Volk wheels evah........

Old 06-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Replaced all 4 cam sensors, a bank 1 O2 sensor, new belts and idler pulleys. Yaay, maintenance.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
mmmmm SF Winnings FTMFGDW!!!!!!!!!

Car looks great, my favorite Volk wheels evah........
Thanks! I love these wheels on the G. Such a perfect match with the diamond graphite car color.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
changed the 2 intake coupler, cleaned maf and throttle.
changed tires to sumitomo HTR III summer

next up front lower ball joint, pass window motor

Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by JZ39
Coilovers install update...things starting to look interesting.

Front coils and A arms are installed. Drop is just a bit low in the front, so this will be raised a tad and then the rear will get leveled out. Absolutely loving the look so far. My mechanic said the Z1 Motorsports A arms AND the Fortune Auto coilovers are a BITCH to adjust... both have to be unbolted to adjust.

Regardless, I'm so psyched to get this done.

I will soon have the following for sale:

Tokico DSP9 shocks (350z version) with rear adjusters
350z front springs, Tein rear springs
Oem A arms
This set up drives great and gives a nice drop, just not quite as low as the coilovers. I can send pics of the drop to anyone interested. About 60k on this set up. Everything appears to still be perfect.
I also have a full set of new, oem rubber mounts for front and back, 6 pieces total.

Depending also on the ability to modify the mounts, I MAY HAVE A GENUINE ARC TITANIUM FRONT STRUT BAR FOR SALE. RARE!

Then I need to get 20% tint to replace the crappy 35%
Your car is in like the biggest car shop I've ever seen. You can barely see the other end of the building. It's like the size of a 747 hanger. PM me on those 350z springs and tein rear springs please.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
Yes I got the tablet but I do have it hooked up to a stereo which is stuffed into the upper glove box. The audio is run into the stereo into the aux in and the volume is just preset at about 3/4 - way more than loud enough when the tablet is at max volume. If you want to get away without a stereo then you could use an amp capable of taking an aux in signal. For a perfect setup I would suggest running it all through an equalizer first though (1/2 din can be fit almost anywhere you like).

A nav screen high up is more practical - obviously - but I don't think it's worth the hassle. The 7 inch screen is easy to glance at if you need more than the voice directions.

When I bought my car it was completely stock, including the stereo, but very soon it went from intermittent functioning to completely failing. I threw in a stereo in the upper glove box and got by like that for a while, just to avoid the large expense of a double din kit (mainly the a/c control module). But someone on the forum was selling just the a/c controls so I picked it up and proceeded to fit the tablet in place of the old stereo. The a/c worked perfectly fine before, then I had no temp control when the metra was initially installed but now after removing the jumper I can control the temp.
Thanks for replying back. I've been debating my stereo install for like half a year and just can't pull the trigger. I'm a raw driver kinda guy and was gonna go with a dsp and a few other things. PO installed a Pioneer single din correctly except without steering wheel controls. I pulled my factory nav and DVD out but I don't have the space in the upper box the non nav guys have unless I bought a new upper glove box or hacked it up. Did you do any sound deadening yet, butyl, mlv, foam. That will increase quality quite a bit. At least in the doors minimum. When I drive I put my phone in a mount above the factory nav whole and use music or Google maps there. It's not clean looking so definitely need a tablet too. It's easy to piece each item out separately and it's not to expensive. But if you throw in everything all together it gets pricey. Of course at the same time I'm looking into doing a retrofit set of new headlights with the mini D2S projector in the lower housing. I don't have the time or garage anymore for quick/convenient installs but seeing this thread always motivates me.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Bought the bullet and spent $50 on the expensive Rain X wipers with beam technology and rain x residue or whatever. They are giantic. Look at the dash pic. The base thing in the center is like a inch and a half it tall it seems. I don't know if I can get used to seeing this. Definately sticks out like a sore thumb from behind the wheel. They are amazing in the rain though. Actually installed them in the rain. The champion ones I had wear horrible from day 1

Old 06-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Finally got the car all buttoned up. Off to the alignment tomorrow! Itll be a slow 1 mile drive lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?