The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

35,xxx NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
35,xxx WITHOUT OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?

Sup guys, my dad recently purchased a 2009 G37S 6mt less than a week ago. I checked out the car and the car drives fine and clean. CarFax and Autocheck came out clean, so we decided to buy it. It was $24k after taxes for 35,xxx miles, nuff said. Seems like a good deal right?

We took it to the Infiniti dealership for an oil change today and we get this picture below us. Dealership says that this was a lease car and has NO service history. They even said that the oil filter was the original one. Motor is sludged up from the previous owners negligence/ignorance. Infiniti said that it's reccomended to either do a engine flush which might not flush the problem or complete engine overhaul with NO warranty. I understand that the dealership MIGHT be selling us a service, but even a car noob will tell you 35,xxx miles with no oil change is a bad thing.

Dad called the original dealership we purchased it from and they say that they will do a engine flush for us. The salesman said that he would bring it to their sister dealership (Mitsubishi) to get an engine flush and everything done. We even had him admit that he knew the motor had a sludging "issue". He is also a personal friend of mine, so with that said salesman are scum aha. In the end, he said that he would do the flush and if we didn't like it we can return the car.

My stand.
Return the car.

Dad's stand.
Flush it and if nothing happens we return the car.

So guys with that said, WHAT DO NOW?

For the people who don't care about reading here's the summary.

Salesman sold us a car that had a sludge up engine that went without an oil change for 35,xxx miles. We even had him admit to the problem. What would you do in our situation? Let them have a chance or return the car?

Last edited by apexi957; 08-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Get rid of that car. Get your money back & find another car. With no warranty it's not worth it whatsoever. There are plenty of G's for sale.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Get rid of that car asap!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
thats a tough call since they are willing to flush it and if it doesnt solve any problems you can return it but if you search hard enough you should be able to find another around that price range that doesnt have any issues..id return it i do beleive

Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
My dad would say return it after the flush if it didn't resolve the issue, however 35XXX miles with no oil change? can bet they didn't do any other maintenence on it, return the car, and say thanks but no thanks, knowing it had a sludge issue and didn't disclose it until afterwards, from a friend? I am sorry but that's no integrity and would NEVER consider a vehicle there again friend or not

Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Pepper
Get rid of that car. Get your money back & find another car. With no warranty it's not worth it whatsoever. There are plenty of G's for sale.
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Get rid of that car asap!!!
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
thats a tough call since they are willing to flush it and if it doesnt solve any problems you can return it but if you search hard enough you should be able to find another around that price range that doesnt have any issues..id return it i do beleive
Glad we're all on the same page guys. Thanks for reassuring my decision.

Originally Posted by Phil@GRUBBS
My dad would say return it after the flush if it didn't resolve the issue, however 35XXX miles with no oil change? can bet they didn't do any other maintenence on it, return the car, and say thanks but no thanks, knowing it had a sludge issue and didn't disclose it until afterwards, from a friend? I am sorry but that's no integrity and would NEVER consider a vehicle there again friend or not
Yea that's the biggest insult to me. My dad only went there because I knew him and we got lied to. The funny thing is that you couldn't tell it had a issue until the CEL popped up. I thought it needed an oil change bad, so i topped it off with oil so we can limp it to the dealership and the opposite happened. The interior was mint, the fluids were good(except oil of course) and the filters were clean. The car even drove fine...

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Thats no friend if he **** on you like that, take that car back asap and lose the dealership and your so called "friend".

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Thats no friend if he **** on you like that, take that car back asap and lose the dealership and your so called "friend".
Definitely not a friend. The situation is ironic because I JUST got this tattoo. He also wanted me to advertise for his dealership because I bought my car from him, GTFO!

Last edited by apexi957; 08-03-2012 at 01:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GeeGirl82 (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 01:27 PM
so what is actually happening with the car though? problem wise? what was the cel for?

and ya thats no friend hes just another scum bag dealer

Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 PM
so what is actually happening with the car though? problem wise? what was the cel for?

and ya thats no friend hes just another scum bag dealer
The problem is that he sold us a car that had oil sludging issues. He didn't disclose the problem until everything was done and now he says that he will take care of the problem or we can return the car.

The CEL was for the oil issue and did not pop up until this morning. They probably deleted the CEL and code with a scanner.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
The problem is that he sold us a car that had oil sludging issues. He didn't disclose the problem until everything was done. He says that he will take care of the problem or we can return the car.

The CEL was for the oil issue and did not pop up until this morning. They probably deleted the CEL and code with a scanner.

ya i understand the selling you the car with the sludge problem and not disclosing it i just didnt know if the car was running like **** or if there were any problems actually driving the car and what not. and what the actual code was that popped up

Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
ya i understand the selling you the car with the sludge problem and not disclosing it i just didnt know if the car was running like **** or if there were any problems actually driving the car and what not. and what the actual code was that popped up
The car actually did not drive like ****. It drove perfect, the motor pulled fine and everything. Everything about the car ran fine, beside the oil issue. As for the code, i'm not sure because my dad took the car to the dealership himself this morning. I didn't have time to get a scanner before he took it in.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
If it still runs now, it will probably run after a flush. But, with 35k miles and it hasn't been run with clean oil, the engine probably has the wear of a 300k miles engine in the cyclinder bores. So, yes, it will probably run after a flush. Who knows how long though.
Get rid of it ASAP.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As most of the others are suggesting, just get rid of it. You have no idea what other types of things could be neglected on the car. Plenty of G's for sale. Just hold off until you find the one you want.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Pull the dipstick is there any sludge or deposits on their? You can also pull the valve covers to see how bad it is. But if you can just return the car, too much **** on it already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 35,xxx NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?