The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I crashed my G35 :'(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012 | 07:21 PM
Looks totalled, especially if there's frame damage. :-(

Old 09-17-2012 | 07:21 PM
I lost control of my car in the highway because it was raining and after a few spins in the highway I crashed toward the highway fence
so your vdc was off?

Old 09-17-2012 | 07:26 PM
Kid, your couple looks terrible! If you do have insurance why wouldn't you let them do their job and fix your car, that's what you pay them for? Doesn't matter if what happened was your fault or not. Being totaled is a possibility....
Gary

Old 09-17-2012 | 07:32 PM
hmmmmmm....liability only sucks.......

Old 09-17-2012 | 07:58 PM
|
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Looks totalled, especially if there's frame damage. :-(
:'( Damn, I'll take it to body shop and see what thet say about it.

Originally Posted by redwillow
so your vdc was off?
Nope :/

Originally Posted by gary c
Kid, your couple looks terrible! If you do have insurance why wouldn't you let them do their job and fix your car, that's what you pay them for? Doesn't matter if what happened was your fault or not. Being totaled is a possibility....
Gary
:'( Damn fam that's cold to say haha, and it's because my car doesn't have the full coverage insurance. It was to expensive and the one that I have only covers accidents with other people and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by faiz23
hmmmmmm....liability only sucks.......
I know man, I know...

Old 09-17-2012 | 10:08 PM
wow man wtf so you own the car right out???? i know if your makeing payments they make you get full coverage...... anyway i would try and part that bish out and scrap the rest out... most yards will give you like 2k for the leftover bits.....facts are that if the frame is tweaked that ish will never drive str8 again sorry bro good luck

Old 09-17-2012 | 10:34 PM
Sorry Kid, when you consider what it might cost you to put your ride back on the street full coverage will likely seem cheap....ya think? Even if the frame is tweaked a frame shop can straighten it better than factory. Good Luck with this....Gary

Old 09-17-2012 | 11:43 PM
Tell em thats the truth Truth!

Old 09-18-2012 | 07:26 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Dat Kid
Damn, what sucks worse is that I don't have the car full covered. It'll be expensive as hell. damnn...
=( well without being there to actually look at the car.. you should check your front A-Pillars and see if they're out of place as well as the gap between the door and the front fenders. Finally check the driver door by opening and closing it..

If any of the above is out of wack then its going to be one pain in the *** to fix.

Hopefully you were going at a low speed.. But because of where you crashed a new quarter is a 100% must. I cant remember but a quarter panel is like $500-$800 from a dealer (i know thats a big stretch but i honestly cant remember lol)

Best of luck to your repairs but shes going to be down for a while =(

- Eric

Old 09-18-2012 | 11:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
wow man wtf so you own the car right out???? i know if your makeing payments they make you get full coverage...... anyway i would try and part that bish out and scrap the rest out... most yards will give you like 2k for the leftover bits.....facts are that if the frame is tweaked that ish will never drive str8 again sorry bro good luck
I paid the car completely cash, and insurance is a little bit different in Puerto Rico I guess. Hopefully the frame isn't ****ed up so it will drive like back in the day :cry: but thanks bro I'll check dem prices soon and update the thread

Originally Posted by gary c
Sorry Kid, when you consider what it might cost you to put your ride back on the street full coverage will likely seem cheap....ya think? Even if the frame is tweaked a frame shop can straighten it better than factory. Good Luck with this....Gary
Thanks man, I regret not getting that street full coverage now but it was so damn expensive. And Thanks hopefully your right, I don't consider getting rid of the car an option right now, at least not yet. I love that car fam! haha

Originally Posted by BAUSauto
=( well without being there to actually look at the car.. you should check your front A-Pillars and see if they're out of place as well as the gap between the door and the front fenders. Finally check the driver door by opening and closing it..

If any of the above is out of wack then its going to be one pain in the *** to fix.

Hopefully you were going at a low speed.. But because of where you crashed a new quarter is a 100% must. I cant remember but a quarter panel is like $500-$800 from a dealer (i know thats a big stretch but i honestly cant remember lol)

Best of luck to your repairs but shes going to be down for a while =(

- Eric
Thanks a lot man! By looking at the prices of the quarter panel I feel better now. And I'mma check everything that you old me real soon but I guess they were alright since I had no problem opening the door or anything else. Hopefully the damage is only in the quarter panel and in the rear parts. I'll keep this updated as I progress with it!

Old 09-18-2012 | 11:46 AM
Take off the rear bumper and snap another picture just to get an Idea. Quarter panels are not a pain in the *** to fix. In most cases, it is cheaper to do the quarter panel than to try and fix the current damage. Eric is right, it will be about $700 for a quarter panel unless you go to a junyard and cut it out. The trunk area can be repaired back to normal. Remember, there's always something you can do.

My steering locked in my s13 and took me into a wall at 50+ mph. Now its better than ever. lol

Old 09-18-2012 | 01:05 PM
i think the painted red calipers must have made the car too fast and crash

Old 09-18-2012 | 02:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by DEMoLITIoN
Take off the rear bumper and snap another picture just to get an Idea. Quarter panels are not a pain in the *** to fix. In most cases, it is cheaper to do the quarter panel than to try and fix the current damage. Eric is right, it will be about $700 for a quarter panel unless you go to a junyard and cut it out. The trunk area can be repaired back to normal. Remember, there's always something you can do.

My steering locked in my s13 and took me into a wall at 50+ mph. Now its better than ever. lol

Sure I just took these today
I crashed my G35 :'(-8n4hj.jpg
I crashed my G35 :'(-q3jin.jpg
I crashed my G35 :'(-zdosf.jpg
+ my lab Chocolate
I crashed my G35 :'(-jpvhe.jpg

Today is also rainy so I couldn't go to the body shop but I'll see when I can to get the quote but seems like your right, the best way to go is to go to a junker and get the quarter panel myself. And yes, Seems like it's not THAT bad, even tho it's really bad but could've been worse. And damn that sucks man, car accidents in general suck. But I'm glad that got it repaired now, looks good! Thanks for the advice fam.

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i think the painted red calipers must have made the car too fast and crash
lol they were already painted like that when I bought it

Old 09-18-2012 | 02:29 PM
^^^ oh yeah.. it'll buff out..

Old 09-18-2012 | 02:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
What I ment by opening and closing is.. if it still open and closed as smoothly as before. Yes a junker quarter is a good cheap alternative just dont get it off a mingled G35 that may have its quarter damaged lol (example hit the front so hard that it compromises the quarters)

- Eric
626-592-3103

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I crashed my G35 :'(