The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Should I get a G35 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evan2k
i only have 3 issues that bug me but i dont care cause i love my G35, eats gas like a ****, motor for locks and windows go out.

if you do buy a g35, try to buy an 06 and up, cause you get the upgraded headlights and taillights,
Are the upgraded headlights and taillights really that important on the G35 and is the most important upgrade feature compared to the 03?

Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
To some people they are, they look cleaner than the previous generation. And since they were recently discontinued they have become a hot commodity.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Originally Posted by evan2k
i only have 3 issues that bug me but i dont care cause i love my G35, eats gas like a ****, motor for locks and windows go out.

if you do buy a g35, try to buy an 06 and up, cause you get the upgraded headlights and taillights,
Originally Posted by krewboy
To some people they are, they look cleaner than the previous generation. And since they were recently discontinued they have become a hot commodity.
Oh ya get 06+ to have shiny headlights and cool tail lights but a shitty motor that drinks oil like a ****.

Great advice guys.

The following users liked this post:
jer211 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 AM
RCL
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
I LOVE my 06 g35 coupe 6mt. I've had 0 issues with it, not one thing has gone wrong with it, knock on wood. OC is minimal at about 1/2 a qt per oil change, which is normal for these engine. Other than that it's great, drives great, and the ladies love it, as do the guys if you're into that sort of thing.

Cost of ownership is more than a honda civic, tires, parts, insurance, all more, but it's worth it to me. I get compliments all the time, red lights, gas station, ppl yelling " nice car" on the highway, etc... lol

2006 and up have a nicer exterior and interior. Try to get a lower mileage G, I wouldn't buy any car with more than 100K miles. There's just no point buying a car that used unless you plan to replacing things. Ac compressors, sensors, coil packs, misc electrical parts, clutch, all start going after 100-150k miles. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later but with that many miles its just a matter of time, but thats true with any car.

For 15k you can not buy a better overall car. A g35 is reliable, sporty, and luxury. You could buy a car that has one of those attributes better, like a faster car, but it wouldnt be as nice or as reliable. The G35 is what I call the "total package".

Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I personally like the '05+ interior a lot more (mainly the clock) than the previous years (I have an '06, so I don't know what year they changed).

+1 on the headlights and taillights and the recently discontinued headlights. The oil consumption for me has been no different from my previous VTEC Honda; either you have it BAD and it's burning oil like crazy or you just have to add a little bit of oil every now and then between changes (or sometimes not at all; I assume it would depend on the motor and driving style).

Also +1 on the bias. We're owners of G35s so unless it was a much better upgrade than what we own we're likely going to favor what we own. Also I would assume that the MPG on the Acura would be better so take that into consideration as well.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
G35
I never said the 03-04 are the better cars. All I said something like OC should be brought to a buyers attention before fancy interior and nice lights.

350GT get your facts straight, the headlights are NOT discontinued. They are no longer selling them as recall sets. Which means they are available at any dealership but for their ORIGINAL price prior to the recall.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by krewboy
I'm pretty sure these were discontinued recently by Infiniti, thus why they went up in price.
Originally Posted by gary c
The fact that these headlights were being discontinued was mentioned here on DRIVER 6 months ago.
Originally Posted by James@OCInfiniti
this part number has been discontinued by infiniti so please hurry before they're all gone!
From what I've read it sounds like they've been discontinued by Infiniti, and that the dealerships that still have them are selling them for a lot. Just basing my info on what I read, and no I haven't researched them because I already have an '06 so I apologize if there's any other info that I missed.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
G35
I called around & asked few dealers. They all said they no longer carry them as recall sets. So they are available at regular retail price. I never heard of any bixenon projectors selling from any dealer for less than 300 a peice, so it really makes sense being 700 bucks a piece

Last edited by SAMzG35; 02-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Definitely get an 06-07. If you get an 03-05 you will end up spending more than a $1000 just to upgrade the lights. And yes, get the G35 instead of the CL. I considered getting a CL a couple of years ago when I also wanted to "save". I'm glad I didn't though could I would have been bored of it within months. The G I can keep for years and not get bored of it.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if miles are similar, and the headlights/tailights are not a concern, then the 03 or a 06 G35? if the 03 is a cheaper by 1-2k would that be the better purchase?

Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
not a fan of cl's at all

Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by FlyLikeG35
if miles are similar, and the headlights/tailights are not a concern, then the 03 or a 06 G35? if the 03 is a cheaper by 1-2k would that be the better purchase?
The 06 has less miles so it's still likely the better deal. Just make sure to check their maintenance records and take each for a test drive. Ultimately you are the one who has to drive the car, so don't rely on other to make the choice for you. As you've seen from reading the comments everyone has a different opinion.

Originally Posted by SAMzG35
Oh ya get 06+ to have shiny headlights and cool tail lights but a shitty motor that drinks oil like a ****.

Great advice guys.
He asked about the headlights... not the motors. I was simply answering his question. Instead of trying to be a smarta** why don't you try to be helpful and give the OP some useful advise (other than the fact you think the car has a shitty motor).

So they are available at regular retail price.
Regardless of what happened, the headlights are still more expensive than they previously were.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyLikeG35
sooner or later you will regret if you buy the 03.
at least i am

Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
G35
The OP is asking for advice, reliability, maintenance. Read the originally post before you talk shiit your a$$ can't cash.

Discontinued means no longer being made.
Higher in price means they are still available. Big different.

Get a dictionary as well.
As for advice mine was pretty clear in my first post. Instead of looking at minor details such as headlights and whatnot, when buying an 05+ MT check for oil consumption.

If OP is considering automatic then don't worry about oil consumption.

06+ is the better car overall, as long as the OC issue is dealt with or get an auto.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Get a dictionary as well.
As for advice mine was pretty clear in my first post.
We must have different dictionaries then because this is all I see you posting...

I wouldn't buy a G35

They are POS cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I get a G35 ?