The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

5th tint ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by G4life2511
Lol I was just summing it up short the only reason why I didn't like that guy is cause I felt a lil racism coming from him. I'm not mad I got ticketed for it I know the laws.
If I were a cop approaching your G with blacked out windows I'd have my shot gun in hand and cocked! I guess you'd consider that racist too? Most of us after getting pulled over for tint the first time would follow the laws of our state. All law enforcement wants is to be able to see the driver and who's in the car!
Gary

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
If I were a cop approaching your G with blacked out windows I'd have my shot gun in hand and cocked! I guess you'd consider that racist too? Most of us after getting pulled over for tint the first time would follow the laws of our state. All law enforcement wants is to be able to see the driver and who's in the car!
Gary
Lol if cops were allowed to walk up to your car with a shotgun drawn just because of tints, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention extremely nerve racking and extraordinarily dangerous.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I love my 5% tint all around but cop checked uncorrectable guessing that means can't fix it prolly going to take it off wanted to punch that cop.
Name:  failholecd3.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  24.8 KB

Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
lol @ everyone, this guy just got ****ed up! hahaha.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
I love my 5% tint all around but cop checked uncorrectable guessing that means can't fix it prolly going to take it off wanted to punch that cop.
Should of just went with 0%. He could still see you with 5%.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
Should of just went with 0%. He could still see you with 5%.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Reading this gives me a headache. Op, you're an idiot. Either fix your tint OR pay your tickets as they come, and they WILL keep coming. To most of the rest of you, learn your vs you're and there, they're, and their please. They all mean different things.

The following users liked this post:
manmanman (05-19-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I had 20% tint on my car for 5 years knowing it was illegal. In VA I know it's just a prepayable $40 fine and they will never issue a repair order.

Within a 3 month time frame I recently got hit for tint violations. First one I sucked it up and paid the fine. After the second one I removed the tint and went to court with hopes of having the ticket dismissed. I was told by the judge that I should have removed the tint after the first citation and he hit me with $250 in fines. Did I complain? NO, because I knew I was running illegal tint and I got away with it for way too long.

Stop complaining, remove the tint and put the legal limit on your windows. I guarantee you will be "harassed" less.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Lol if cops were allowed to walk up to your car with a shotgun drawn just because of tints, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention extremely nerve racking and extraordinarily dangerous.
Yea, nerve racking for the dumb azz that had his windows tinted 5% but not ridiculous for the cop that puts his life on the line every time he pulls someone over. Blacked out windows, you don't know what to expect?
Gary

Old 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Yea, nerve racking for the dumb azz that had his windows tinted 5% but not ridiculous for the cop that puts his life on the line every time he pulls someone over. Blacked out windows, you don't know what to expect?
Gary

I couldn't agree more. I don't run 5% for this reason. I've got about 20% they can still see in. When I get pulled over I turn on my interior lights so as he walks up he can see in that I'm not fussing around. Keep both hands on the wheel and tell the officer where everything is as I grab it. Most officers tell me that the appreciate it because they know and can see my hands at all times. Some officers look at me like I'm a moron when I say registration is in my glove box, and my license is in my wallet in my back right pocket let me grab them for you. But I don't really care. I was a missionary, and the single scariest thing was hearing someone rack up their shotgun. I never thought twice just walked off.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Gary
No worse than walking up to a high SUV or raised truck where you can be walking up to a gun in somebody's lap pointed right at your face. Plus pretty much everyone with tints who gets pulled over rolls both of their windows down either as a courtesy to the officer, as standard procedure, or in an attempt to hide their tints.

I personally think the whole threat to cop is a seriously over hyped reason against tints, I doubt you would see a higher incident rate of cops being shot walking up to tinted cars than non-tinted. Now having run 5% all around personally in the past I would say the much bigger danger is to other cars and pedestrians at night, 1000000x more so than to any cop.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From a law enforcement perspective, it is suspicious. You have no clue who or what is in the vehicle. Trust me, ive been there.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe the 5% tint was used more when tint was less popular on cars. Lots of gangs would use them. If I'm correct. That's where the whole stereotype came from. Now I have had 5% before. Can't see crap at night had to open my doors to reverse into anything at night. I even had xenons in for my reverse lights, and it didn't do a ton. 5% is just scary.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Op...smh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5th tint ticket