The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

How to not turn your G into a rice rocket.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
correct! why then would you try to base your argument off of the design painted on the cars!?!?!? "hello kitty?" when did that become the issue?? that was not a "crap" paint job. in fact, out of all the cars posted that paint job was the best!!!
it was a "crap" choice.not a crap paint job.
Because YOU posted a G35 coupe with some idiot color scheme and said it was rice for one reason. It was plastidipped. I said would be okay if painted? You said he would have never painted it that way if he was choosing paint. I said the decision to paint does not exclude the decision to make idiotic color / design choices. Then I posted examples of just that. Illustrating that paint doesn't mean not rice. If you agree with that, then it means either:

1) Plastidip should be taken off the original list or
2) Paint and plastidip should be included.

as a note, this includes wraps as well.

BTW what is "over slammed"? To some that might mean stanced. Which some will defend until the end of time also. But I'll say lowered and slightly cambered is fine. Although, I'm sort of against using spacers and not changing the wheels to the proper offset in the 1st place.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-16-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Stop trying to enter a debate you're not in. You will NEVER have a debate. It's just YOU wanting to attempt to make someone else look bad. Stop entering a discussion you're not a part of. Are you his mother?

Well it's GOOD THING NO ONE MADE THOSE CLAIMS.

Look who is putting words into mouths??? Exactly WHERE did anyone state that paint = dip?? I only contended that dip can be done in a non ricey way. You can take more stylish chances with dip as it's temporary and I think it's been shown that it can be done decently and not ricey.
You did make a claim that plastidip can look good and be non ricey, that is 100% false. No mater how good a dip it, it will still look like crap and be rice. There is absolutely so such things as a good pastidip. Also wraps and plastidip can and have damaged paint.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Dear Jeff.
Please tell me where I said that G37 was rice.
I remember saying it was "fuking awful", yet I cannot remember calling it rice.

Sincerely,
Taylor.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
You did make a claim that plastidip can look good and be non ricey, that is 100% false. No mater how good a dip it, it will still look like crap and be rice. There is absolutely so such things as a good pastidip. Also wraps and plastidip can and have damaged paint.
Paint can damage paint! A poorly prepped paint job will ruin whatever is under it. Making it necessary to strip it to metal. Whether paint or otherwise, one condition is that it must be applied properly. And ANY modification isn't done w/o risk. You can have the most expensive turbo system but there's no guarantee it won't blow up your engine.

And you just disagreed with jersey. He just said both can be done ricey and non-ricey. Which I agree with. considering they're designed to be none permanent styling exercises

And look at you backpedaling from your mistakes. Looks like you trying to change/deflect/alter your accusations until you find one that might stick. Congrats, you're a shining example of your own accusations of others. And you managed to accomplish it in what? 5 posts?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Dear Jeff.
Please tell me where I said that G37 was rice.
I remember saying it was "fuking awful", yet I cannot remember calling it rice.

Sincerely,
Taylor.
Right you said it was terrible. Which most rice mods are.

Semantics ftl

Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Red Card Crew

Crap paint job = crap paint job

Crap plastidip = crap plastidip.

both can be done right w/o being ricey
correct! .
You did make a claim that plastidip can look good and be non ricey, that is 100% false. .

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
dealing with this chit ^^could fuking kill somone.
dunno if i just finished huffing plastidip or if I just got a little taste of life in the political section...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Every single thread he comments in is exactly the same.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Because YOU posted a G35 coupe with some idiot color scheme and said it was rice for one reason. It was plastidipped. I said would be okay if painted? You said he would have never painted it that way if he was choosing paint. I said the decision to paint does not exclude the decision to make idiotic color / design choices. Then I posted examples of just that. Illustrating that paint doesn't mean not rice. If you agree with that, then it means either:

1) Plastidip should be taken off the original list or
2) Paint and plastidip should be included.

as a note, this includes wraps as well.

BTW what is "over slammed"? To some that might mean stanced. Which some will defend until the end of time also. But I'll say lowered and slightly cambered is fine. Although, I'm sort of against using spacers and not changing the wheels to the proper offset in the 1st place.
dealing with this chit ^^could fuking kill somone.
dunno if i just finished huffing plastidip or if I just got a little taste of life in the political section...

Goes to show that blanket accusations don't always apply. Some "list" about what is "ricey" and what people "should" or "shouldn't" do can't really be put into some "list". Especially when it's being created by some judgemental moron. (not you) that goes around the forums and tries to criticize others as a form of entertainment.

Let's take the dip. Is there some ricey idiotic dipped cars out there? Damned right. Does that make all dipped cars ricey? No. as IMHO, it can be done right for what it is. (and you agreed).

There's more than one item on that list that can be taken the same way.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Red Card Crew

No matter how well plastipid is done, it will NEVER look as good as a proper paint job or be as long lasting. That is a basic undeniable fact.
Every single thread he comments in is exactly the same.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin
You just got done accusing someone of more than one false statement that no one made and then you make that post?

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-16-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
my guy who works at a body shop and painted my roof, dipped his car and ruined his paint underneath when he tried to remove it later. The dip bonded to the paint in such a way that the paint underneath was stripped off when the dip layer was removed. Dip is not a preservative.
i retract my statement, ouch :/

Old 04-17-2014, 07:33 AM
There are multiple horror stories all over other forums of dip ruining paint. It is not common, but yes there is a chance people "temp mod" will permanently destroy their clear coats.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Red Card Crew

No modification is risk free.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:32 PM
No modification is risk free.
There are plenty that are risk free. Plus you know next to nothing about modding in the first place.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Red Card Crew

There are plenty that are risk free. Plus you know next to nothing about modding in the first place.
Any mod has risk. PERIOD. There you go, yet another assumption. You're right, I know next to nothing about spending 1/4 of my car's worth on wheels because I ran forged oem wheels instead. I always left the overspending and the upturned nobbish judgements to others.

But hey, you did this:

Name:  Cover1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  60.9 KB

GREAT NA modification.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-17-2014 at 01:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to not turn your G into a rice rocket.