The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

How to not turn your G into a rice rocket.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Old 04-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Any mod has risk. PERIOD. There you go, yet another assumption. You're right, I know next to nothing about spending 1/4 of my car's worth on wheels because I ran forged oem wheels instead. I always left the overspending and the upturned nobbish judgements to others.

But hey, you did this:

GREAT NA modification.
No Jeffy. 2 of the best mods possible are 06 projectors and OEM 19s. No risk at all. There are also many many other simple mods that are risk free. Again, as someone who has no knowledge of modding a G35, I am shocked youre even commenting. But talking about areas where you have no knowledge is kinda your specality now isn't it?

I dont know if I should be impressed or freaked out that you dug up a picture from 10 years ago to try to prove a point. I was also the 3rd person to ever buy a SSV, before it was tested and widely known to produce no gains. People take risks to be the first. My 02 RSX before my G35 even had lambo doors and neons. When I was a teenager, F&F 1 just came out and I did some stupid ricey mods. But Jeffy, some people learn from their mistakes and mature. Hopefully you will learn too some day, when you grow up a little.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 04-17-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
No Jeffy. 2 of the best mods possible are 06 projectors and OEM 19s. No risk at all. There are also many many other simple mods that are risk free. Again, as someone who has no knowledge of modding a G35, I am shocked youre even commenting. But talking about areas where you have no knowledge is kinda your specality now isn't it?
Those are very low risk. But it still entails installation. Just like improper application of paint/coatings could cause problems.

I dont know if I should be impressed or freaked out that you dug up a picture from 10 years ago to try to prove a point. When I was a teenager, F&F 1 just came out and I did some stupid ricey mods. I was also the 3rd person to ever buy a SSV, before it was tested and widely known to produce no gains. My 02 RSX before my G35 even had lambo doors and neons. But Jeffy, some people learn from their mistakes and mature. Hopefully you will learn too when you grow up a little.
So you completely wasted $800-$1000 for a mod that was NOTHING but ricey bling on a NA engine? And you actually believed the HYPE from Kinetix's marketing? Anyone with a brain could tell that manifold was poorly designed and didn't account for any intake velocity speeds in the low load/low rpm range. That's why it was proven to be a complete waste of money for anything but FI.

You know what I learned? I learned it was BS from the get go and never bought it in the 1st place.

All you do is try to criticize people here even though you ADMIT to doing stupid modifications. So why don't you get off your high horse and try to HELP people vs whatever in the flick you do on these forums? Apparently it's YOU that needs to grow up and not anyone else here.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Hell even as set of clear corners involves risk..

The risk some azz hole will steal them.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Texasscout
Hell even as set of clear corners involves risk..

The risk some azz hole will steal them.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Why is it every time you are wrong, you turn it into a battle of semantics Jeffy?

I am helping, by ensuring people dont make same mistakes I did 10 years ago. That is where the experience part comes in. Where you simply read posts of other peoples mod experience and think you have a clue.

Also I bought SSV to run my Venom wet nitrous spray system. I didnt get it for NA. The individual runners made it much more ideal over stock plenum for my needs. I am sure you came across those pictures too in your search of my past. Also many of the mistakes I made were prior to aviable knowledge like there is now.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Why is it every time you are wrong, you turn it into a battle of semantics Jeffy?

I am helping, by ensuring people dont make same mistakes I did 10 years ago. That is where the experience part comes in. Where you simply read posts of other peoples mod experience and think you have a clue.

Also I bought SSV to run my Venom wet nitrous spray system. I didnt get it for NA. The individual runners made it much more ideal over stock plenum for my needs. I am sure you came across those pictures too in your search of my past. Also many of the mistakes I made were prior to aviable knowledge like there is now.
BS. You flame anyone that has done the same mistakes as you vs trying to help people.

You don't have clue. In in regards of helping anyone.

I knew the SSV was a waste of time pretty much from when it came out. If it was so great, why did you get rid of is so fast?

I get tired of reading BS posts from people like you. If a mod basically doesn't cost $bling, it's not worthy and then you criticize anyone that doesn't waste as much money as you on mods you deem worthy . You FLAME them vs trying to tell them why that mod is questionable and what a better alternative is.

Here's a pic of my G35.

Coupe 19 wheels, koni adjustables, Z/ G coupe springs, Hotckis sways, stillen intake, Borla true dual with Magneflow resonated X pipe mod, Crowford V5 plenum and a very rare TS F-Spec relfash on the very early G35 ecu, 05 350z front / rear caliper and rotor upgrade, JDM tails (not shown) Also ran the 05 tails (not shown) Nismo sport front bumper (not shown).

But since I don't know how to mod, clearly those are all the wrong modifications.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
I am helping, by ensuring people dont make same mistakes I did 10 years ago. That is where the experience part comes in.
To bad your tactics are to bash the noob and put down their attempts to personalize their own car. Usually by posting a degrading pic. Way to go. Glad you help out so much.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Shawno72
To bad your tactics are to bash the noob and put down their attempts to personalize their own car. Usually by posting a degrading pic. Way to go. Glad you help out so much.

Nailed it.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Youre welcome. Also I only bash questions that answers can be found in a 60 second search. I dont bash noobs, I bash lazy people.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Youre welcome. Also I only bash questions that answers can be found in a 60 second search. I dont bash noobs, I bash lazy people.
Well instead of being lazy, why don't you help them and answer their question?

Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM
And really guys let's keep this in perspective. These cars are made in japan. So ask any American muscle car guy and they are rice to begin with. Just depends who you ask. So, your opinion is only valid if asked for. Other than that no one really cares.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Well instead of being lazy, why don't you help them and answer their question?
Im not a democrat, I dont reward the lazy.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Red Card Crew

You're a republican. A self righteous hypocrite

Old 04-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Sure you do. You did everything they are doing already...remember. Your captain save a G. Vanilla rice. Saving a G from rice, one grain at a time. Without you people everywhere would be plasti dipping their cars. You see, really your not doing anything worth while.

The following users liked this post:
Jeff92se (07-02-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to not turn your G into a rice rocket.