The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Motordyne Shockwave cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Motordyne Shockwave cost

Hey everyone, i'm pretty new here to the forums,(even though i've had my G for about a year now). My question to you all,( And to tony) is that, why is the exhaust so expensive? I talked to a guy today that's been working on cars for 15 years and has had plenty of experience from racing all the way to building cars himself; and he actually "Specializes" in infinit's/z's. He said personally he wouldn't pay no more than 700-1100 for an exhaust and questioned why it's so expensive.
I guess my real dilemma is that I was thinking about buying it while having my dad cover some of the cost as I have college to worry about-- the gentlemen kinda talked him out of it by emphasizing the price. If anyone could answer my question and explain why this is better than something say, topspeed or HKS, please let me know as I could use that as a bargaining tool.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:14 AM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
The price is well worth the sound performancd quality that you only get with motordyne products product is made in the USA and is not some cheap hks knockoff from ebay ask any member who has a motordyne you will hear nothing but positive things. It changes the vq completly the car sounds amazing

Try and save up for it its well worth it

The following users liked this post:
bchalks (08-31-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 02:11 AM
Yea, I've heard them in videos and read that everyone who has it loves it. My problem is trying to convince someone who's also flipping the bill that it's worth the investment. I know the guy was telling me to attend some meets, but I never seen a G here with the motordyne-- I did hear one with topspeed I think as their tips were burnt. Either way, i'm inclined to believe that this exhaust is a bit overpriced and wish there were some type of sale or discount going on that'd make it more bearable

Old 08-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
You got to remember, quality performance is never cheap..! You got to pay to play.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:28 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Akirabread
. I guess my real dilemma is that I was thinking about buying it while having my dad cover some of the cost as I have college to worry about-
doesn't sound like you needed to make a thread for this "dilemma"

The following 2 users liked this post by Lartytiejdke3:
bchalks (08-31-2016), Tyke420 (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I guess my real dilemma is that I was thinking about buying it while having my dad cover some of the cost as I have college to worry about--
Why would you want to **** money away on an exhaust only for the sound of it while still in college and make your dad pay for it?
Your post makes you sound very immature.

Keep the exhaust that came with the car

Telcoman

Old 08-24-2016, 05:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Lots of good info here already in just a few posts. What you, your friend and your dad don't have a clue about is that Tony is a retired rocket scientist who spends hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in R&D when he designs new performance parts for our cars. He and his wife are huge Nissan/Infiniti fans having owned several of each brand over the years because they are passionate about them. His passion carries over into his desire to provide us the best parts available by using his brilliance, quality materials, and painstaking designs so what he sells actually does what he says it will. Fitment of his stuff is always spot on, gains are real and accurate to what he reports and are basically worry free.

None of this is free and I would challenge your friend to prove he could make a similar exhaust out of similar materials that provides similar gains with spot on fitment to the Shockwave for any cheaper. And I would also tell him "Good luck with that".

If you can't afford a new one have you searched for a used set? They are much cheaper than buying new and exhausts don't "wear out". But he^^^ got it right, since you're a college student, man up, quit asking your dad to get you things, be grateful for what you have and save your money for more important things than car parts like your future.

It's time to put on your big boy pants!!

Old 08-24-2016, 06:13 AM
Banned
why this is better than something say, topspeed or HKS,
Topspeed or HKS?
"Guys help me out
I need help comparing a $500 exhaust to a $1300 exhaust to a $1700 exhaust"

Old 08-24-2016, 12:42 PM
To all of you calling me immature and "man up" Umm, i'm already aware of the position i'm in. I can't work and make the money I want because my schedule won't allow me to do so. I already took into consideration of what Tony does and what he did and the quality that goes into the exhaust-- i'm not ignorant. All I wanted to know if there was some reasoning behind the exhaust costing what it does. I stalk the vendors and classified for the exhaust and am still waiting for someone to sell it. Plus, is it wrong wanting something for your car you plan on keeping for at least another 4 or so years? I mean c'mon, it's not like i'm so spoiled kid who gets' whatever he wants, if that were the case, i'd be rolling in a GT-R by now; but that's my end goal after college.
Edit: Car has 68k on the odometer, and we're really uptight about maintenance so future car parts aren't a problem and was well aware of what could potentially happen and were prepared for it.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
you have waited this long, you can wait some more.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:31 PM
SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The Motordyne is a superior exhaust backed by hundreds of testimonials, dyno sheets and reviews based on design, quality and performance. It's made here in the USA as well.

$1714.99 shipped is an amazing price to pay for this item.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Yea, I see your point. I'll either hold out until I have enough to spare or just stick with what I have now. Don't get me wrong, I love the exhaust already; heck, it's what sold me on the car when I first heard it start up.
Thanks for the replies everyone. When the time does come, can someone recommend a site where I can get it cheapest? Outside of buying used, I was looking at conceptZ and Nissanraceshop and as far as I can tell, they offer free shipping which is a plus.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, i'll probably hold out or save up as suggested and go for it then. Don't get me wrong, I love the exhaust as is; hell, it was the exhaust that practically sold the car.

When the time does come, can anyone recommend a good vendor to buy it from outside of buying used? I was looking at Nissanraceshop and conceptz as they have the lowest prices and offer free shipping from what I can tell.

Sorry about the double post, page was acting up D:

Old 08-24-2016, 04:42 PM
SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Have you checked out jmautosports.com........ We have the cheapest price on this exhaust hands down

Old 08-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Shockwave cost