The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

After fourteen years, time to bid the G goodbye

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I highly recommend checking out the Focus RS Luxury, RWD, manual transmission cars are a dying breed, but you can still find mt in lower end sporty cars.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by marcinr
The day after I posted this thread, my poor G got sideswiped in front of my house. I'm fixing it, though, and it's going to my dad, so it'll still be around, just on the other side of the country.

This is the 3rd time this exact thing has happened - I live in a school drop off zone, and parents jostling for parking are like Mad Max Fury Road.

I'll post a couple happy pics of the good old car once it's good as new. Also getting the headlights polished and clearcoated, so they look like new and don't yellow every couple of months.
wow that's crazy. Maybe its time to move?

I would not want your Focus to have the same fate.

But at least you are getting an almost equivalent replacement and the G is still in your family.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard those RS' are a beast- but lots of people are having transmission issues early on.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Traveeeey
I've heard those RS' are a beast- but lots of people are having transmission issues early on.
My G was an early 6MT and I had 2 transmission replacements under warranty until they got it right, and the last one's lasted 10 years. So, maybe history will repeat itself

The Focus is too complicated mechanically - big turbo, all sorts of active valves everywhere, DFI, etc. I don't think it'll be reliable like the G.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I wouldn't say the focus reliability issue is related to complexity but instead because that motor is wound up really tight.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:25 PM
My G was an early 6MT and I had 2 transmission replacements under warranty until they got it right, and the last one's lasted 10 years. So, maybe history will repeat itself

The Focus is too complicated mechanically - big turbo, all sorts of active valves everywhere, DFI, etc. I don't think it'll be reliable like the G.
Sadly, I was right. I've not had the RS for a year yet, and lemon law proceedings are under way. Sigh. Pain in the butt. The G was old, but it was reliable!

Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I heard a lot of fun things about Fords attempt at a sports hatch. Unfortunately a lot of "Lemon-Esque" things like this too. Sorry bud.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A Ford Focus RS.
Can't hate on that, especially with the GORGEOUS blue color.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Replace it with something Japanese. A rwd or awd. I would look at a wrx. Still a sedan not a hatch (this is a good thing) Great handling, fun rally car awd, with lots of potential to be fast even on the stock turbo. And you get 5 passenger space and a real trunk like the G. Plus you get a the iconic subie rumble and a flat 4 turbo engine. I know this is an old post, But you made a mistake going with a ford. Your car was solid due to Japanese reliability, attention to detail and caftsmanship. Look foward to headaches with your ford.

Why a wrx and not an sti? You save your money which goes into mods/go fast parts. It can be sleeper if you want it to be. Or can be a sti clone but alot quicker.

Last edited by SeoulChicagoSFR; 05-01-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-01-2018, 10:28 PM
I test drove an STi and a Golf-R, and neither of them made me chuckle like that silly Ford. That car is so over the top that it's hard to compare to other cars. The AWD is really unique and makes it feel like a GT-R more than an STi, for example.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:07 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Now we've got the Kia Stinger to throw into the mix for small performance cars. I really want to go test drive a GT, they're calling my name lol.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:57 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Once you sit in the Stinger you'll probably change your mind about it like I did, I've never seen a car that was so hard to enter and exit and there's no way in hell I could own one because of that. Plus I hated that wierd short wide shifter and it felt slushy in manual mode, no snappy crisp shifts and that tranny was the ONLY option for it...

Old 05-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Good luck with test driving it, I hear Kia are acting like it's a prestigious / rare car and giving people **** when they try to test drive it.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That probably depends on the dealership, the one here in town has a pretty good reputation and the salesmen I dealt with were all friendly and gladly sent us down the road on a test drive even though I was there to test drive a Sorento lol.

Ohhh and the only way you get an LSD on that thing is going with the super expensive tech package which was stupid, there should have been a PERFORMANCE and a TECH package that were separated.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Ohhh and the only way you get an LSD on that thing is going with the super expensive tech package which was stupid, there should have been a PERFORMANCE and a TECH package that were separated.
That's really stupid for a car marketed to driving enthusiasts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.