Was there ever any verdict on the fuel economy issues? - Page 3 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

Go Back  G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion > General Discussion > The G-Spot
Reload this Page >

Was there ever any verdict on the fuel economy issues?

The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Was there ever any verdict on the fuel economy issues?

Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM
G35 Sport Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by telcoman View Post
Cruise control can lower MPG by 1 to 2 MPG because it needlessly automatically brakes the vehicle on downgrades. I stopped using it
Yes, it can lower, and like csw says it depends. And it's not because of the downgrades where CC can reduce overall MPG, it's the upgrades. If your trip is flat or mostly flat, like going through Kansas or traveling between Bay Area and LA, and you passionately keep CC on with little to no variation in speed, there is no way it's worse than your foot. Your foot is constantly on and off the gas a little bit here a little bit there

Old 02-10-2019, 12:40 PM
G35 Sport Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by jcd35 View Post
Did you ever get any solution?
I have the same issue on a 2003 coupe , auto, de motor.
No CELs
He says it was the MAF sensor a couple posts up. I've read that the non OEM/non Hitachi sensors are prone to failure. Which makes me think they could be prone to operating like crap when they are working. Check to see if it says Hitachi on your MAF sensor. Maybe even look at your cam sensors too

Old 02-10-2019, 02:29 PM
SLICK
Thanked 1,091 Times in 972 Posts
Subject: Fuel Economy!

Follow Nissan's recommended maintenance schedule and use 5W/30 Synthetic oil! If you have an AT D&F the trans fluid more frequently than what Nissan recommends...every 2 years especially in hot climates! To maximize your fuel economy make sure your engine is running at peak performance! (zero error codes) Use your cruise control whenever possible and block that sweet sound of your exhaust from your brain by turning up your tunes! Run 35 psi in you tires, check it every oil change! Don't be the first on to leave the stop signs as much fun as it may be!

Gary

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: