The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

03 coupe budget build the transformation is under way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 coupe budget build the transformation is under way

bought an 03 coupe had 90k low low miles but the car was sitting for a few years and really needed some love so far have replaced front and rear bumpers nismo front changespeed rear impul side skirts are on the way changed the headlights to 06 projectors painted the front grill black painted the roof black aem cold air intake circuit werks exhaust lexani 20" rims I bought the car for $2400 and most of the upgrades I have gotten amazing deals my goal was to be $5000 all in I'm close now cuz of the $ I spent chasing down a misfire but I'm over if you include the $ on the stereo equipment

06 projector headlights -$150
left-$50 junk yard parts locator car-parts.com
right-$100 junk yard parts locator car-parts.com
brand new 4300 d2s bulbs-Craigslist

(found these from the car part locator the left the junk yard was going out of business feb 1st so I made a huge lowball off of $50 couldn't believe they accepted the other got for $100 from a diff place no ballast or bulb used my ballast found a new bulb on Craigslist a woman bought it for her daughters car but it was totaled before they installed came with a receipt was $160)

aem cold air intake - $85 Craigslist

(Was a year old and was asking $120 offered $85)

oem grill black-$55-eBay

(grill was a little rough looking but all tabs were there came with emblem I sanded it and painted it black then clear coated it looks amazing the emblem I'll get to)

brand new front emblem- (-$80) Craigslist

(ok so I put my emblem for sale on eBayfor $30 had planned to buy a new one for $50 but the day I sold it I saw a brand new grill with emblem on Craigslist for $100 the g was hit the ins paid for a new grill and other parts they replaced the grill the day it came back from body shop I grid to buy just the emblem offered $25 said no I offered $50 for the whole thing they accepted I kept the emblem and sold the grill on our classifieds for $100 so with the $50 I made on the grill with the $30 I made on the emblem I netted $80)

nismo front bumper-$325 outcast garage

changespeed rear-$300 outcast garage

impul side skirts-(-230) outcast garage

(the full story for this is in another post "this is why you should buy from outcast" cliff notes bought the front and rear bumpers the rear was damaged it wasn't bad at all my buddy said he'd fix it for me for nothing when he painted my car I filed a claim with outcast they offered to send me a new bumper I asked if I could fix the bumper myself and could I get the impul side skirts I paid $300 for the bumper the skirts were $75 I offered to pay the difference and unbelieveable they said yes my buddy from the body shop said I'm the luckiest bastard alive lol I'm just a good negotiator 20 years in the car biz as a finance manager anyways how is this for timing I posted my sarona side skirts on our classifieds and the day after I worked out the deal for impuls I sold mine for $230

diamond shaped premium mesh $10-eBay

(didn't buy the mesh at outcast for $60 they sell honeycomb mesh and say it matches the factory lower grills it def does not its nice but our mesh is diamond shaped I found diamond Shaped mesh that is almost exactly the same for $30 but I asked the kid I sold my side skirts to if he wants me to cut him 2 pieces for the side skirts cut out grills for $20 and he wanted it

clear corners-$25 amazon

(no story here)

circuit werks n1 exhaust-$359-eBay

(I really wanted a top speed n1 exhaust but they are on back order 60-90 days couldn't find a used thought about invidias n1 but didn't like their 2.3" piping I had scoured the internet couldn't find anything for a week until I changed my search to 350z found the circuit werks for $359 and it was high polished stainless which topspeed and invidia isn't was leery about buying an eBay exhaust so I did some reasearch and found fantastic reviews for their y pipe for our cars it's very similar to motordyne's xyz but what cinched it for me was the exhaust reviews from porsche owners there were tons of them and they were all good well if it's good enough for a porsche owner it's good enough for me and couldn't be happier with the look fitment and especially the sound and price I am debating getting their y pipe just don't know if I want the resonated or straight it's only $290 which is over $200 less than motordynes)

"3 extension pipe-$50-eBay

(since they only make the exhaust for a 350z had to buy a seperate 3" extension pipe to get it to fit mine)

double din dash kit-$25-offerup

(saw this on offerup for $100 I get there and it's cracked on the vent cutouts I was going to pass sou threw out a $20 offer we settled on $25 I saw this YouTube video on mixing super glue and baking soda it dried it on contact and hardens it 10x stronger tried it when I got home I broke the whole piece off and used the trick and it worked better than I could have imagined the vents are recessed and you cannot see they were repaired)

4080 10" sub box $50-eBay

(was talking to a member from here about buying his 4080 box for $250 he wouldn't budge that night a fresh post for one appeared on eBay fir $100 I made a $50 offer that was accepted

alpine ilx007 apple car play radio-$250-offerup

(saw this $800 radio online for $400 I offered him $200 he said no countered with $300 I countered with $250 he said no I said think about it if you change your mind let me know 3 days later I get a message you still want it for $250 I always do this when an offer is rejected I leave it open ended say think about it lmk people get impatient

lexani 20" css10 rims-$0

(these came off my 2012 g37x)

new tires-$378-amazon

(bought lexani tires could have bought Bridgestone for $100 more but their wheels are great and high quality so I took a shot Rem this is a budget build haven't installed them or the wheels waiting till paint is done)

rockford fosgste power 800a2 amp-$250-eBay kind of
rockford fosgste punch 800a4 amp-$150-ebay kind of

(saw somebody selling old school car stereo equipment I was looking for a punch 800a2 asked if he had one he sent me a pic but it was a power 800a2 which is so rare with the link to link it to another punch amp bought that amp the link and a punch 800a4 both amps and the link for $500

jbl gto609c 6.5 components-$84-amazon

idmax10-$100-eBay open box new

(found a sub box with 2 jl10w6v3 guy was asking $875 lowered to $400 I offered him $250 sold the subs individually for $225 each still have the sub box for sale I was only going to sell one sub posted it but 2 ppl called on the same day I sold it and the other guy showed up 30 min later so I said f it I'll sell the other one made $200 profit bought an idmax10 new open box for $300

paint job-$1000-a friend of mine is helping me and I am getting a $4000-$5000 paint job for $1000 +paint am also doing a lot of the work sanding scuffing

Black slotted drilled rotors/pads-$240-

(found a Canadian company that I can get all 4 rotors w free brake pads for $240)

I sanded and restored my old headlights and posted them on this site someone asked for updated pics after the restore last night hoping to sell them today. I'm posting pics of before and during the mods not everything has been installed and finished yet the radio stuff I haven't done yet but will add to this post as things are completed

High polished

Restored 06 projectors wetsanded 400-2500 grit than compounded glazed waxed and sealed
The side skirts I sold but this is the diamond mesh none of it's installed yet

I did cut the mesh I just didn't install it
Power800a4
Punch800a4
m
The roof was the worst part of my car other than the bumpers this is almost a finished product just need to wet sand glaze and buff wax
It was the sides of the rear bumper that gave fitment problems

These are my lexani css10 20"rims
The middle part is the link and this is what my set up will look like but this link is missing the rockford fosgste badge the square hole this is not my amps just show for the image

Old 03-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good deal and fun work ahead! Those pictures are huuuuge