G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Speedometer, VDC, ABS off, check engine light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 coupe 2003
Speedometer, VDC, ABS off, check engine light on

My vdc and abs turned off awhile ago when my car had some shaking due to my crankshaft sensor. I made the dumb decision to change my sensor without taking off my battery terminal. When i turned the car back on, the shaking stopped in the transmission, but my speedometer stopped functioning and my abs and vdc lights were still on. I used an OBD2 scanner and it said speed sensor A, but theres multiple speed sensors on the car and i didnt know which one it would be. Also, im having a problem with my parking lights, and my drivers side headlight not turning on after my side marker broke off. Idk if that is causing the fuse to blow, because i keep replacing it and it will blow the fuse immediately.

Old 06-10-2023, 06:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You have a wire shorted out somewhere, start with troubleshooting the wiring where that side marker broke off. That's why your fuse keeps blowing, the wire is touching chassis metal somewhere probably, likely the insulation was cut somewhere when the light broke off, should be pretty easy to find though.

As for the speedometer, it gets the wheel speed signal from two sensors at the rear differential. There's a little "gear" looking thing where the two CV axles bolt to the differential, there is a wheel speed sensor mounted on each side.

Exactly what codes is the car throwing right now?